free hit
counters
Fitting new battery - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Any hints and tips on fitting a new battery to an S1 Elise please?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exoctics? hic

My s1 lasts about 10 days before not having enough power to start the car.

Umm....

turn car off

disconnect cables

remove old battery

install new battery

reconnect cables

no? :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Open bonnet

Remove water bottle by lifting up and to the side (i.e. no need to disconnect it).

Look down and you'll then see the battery.

There should be a retaining bracket holding the battery in place that needs to be removed.

Disconnect battery as per the (very) helpful earlier post

Jobs a good 'un

I was hoping for more along the lines of how to lift it out and how to get it past the wiring and radiator shroud.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ok, so I didn't know about the water bottle and the wiring and the radiator shroud. And probably that's it's heavy as well.

I'm sorry. :vava:

ps. The rest of that post is A grade advice though. :yes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Doh!

$_12.JPG

Evora NA

Ah well. Got any of the plastic packing strips which are used to secure large parcels? Or maybe even oversized cable ties? (Sparky may have some of them...)

Slip something like that around the bottom of the battery to help lower it in place.

30 mins, job done! Fortunately the Bosch does have a handle which makes things much easier! :D

Evora NA

Just a few things needed updating, not uncommon on a 14 year old car mate.

Evora NA

• 9 months later...

This new(ish) battery is dead after not being able to drive my car for a couple of weeks. :huh:

Do Elise batteries not last that long or do I need to send this one back*? 

*or just drive it more...

Evora NA

Mine sounds about right then, nothing to worry about :)

Evora NA