free hit
counters
S3 when did they start colour coding the bumpers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

S3 when did they start colour coding the bumpers

Just some thing that has come up when did lotus start painting the bumpers in body colour or was it an option from the get go. andy b

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buddsy's is an 85 B (I think) and his has black bumpers,whereas mine is an 82 with body coloured bumpers & mirrors.

Chris

I always thought the early cars had black bumpers however, my 82 Turbo Esprit appears to have colour coded bumpers. The body colour is on the back-side and no evidence of any black paint.

:)

It's getting there......

I contacted Andy Graham at Lotus on this. I got this back.

I am only aware of 2 ’82 MY cars specifically requested in the build file to have body coloured bumpers, so they would have been painted post production, perhaps to freshen it up against the new ’85 model?

He's checked the order sheet for my car and they are noit one of these 2, so now I've got to track down the POs to find out when they were painted.

Chris.

PS I know that back one is colour coded from the factory, cos some t**t rammed me up the a*se in 1988 and I had a new one frim Hethel :thumbsup:  

T*****T's Up the A**se ant nice thanks for the information every one mine were black just refitted the rear or a****se end. lol

Just started to get the front one off is there fixings behind the side lights bound to be cos the side light screws are seized and they are going to get drilled out tomorrow.

andy b

Mine is a September '84 and I have colour coded mirrors and bumpers.  I had a discussion with someone last weekend who has an '84 N/A and there a number of things that he said identified mine as an '85 but then I countered him with items that are pre'85.  I think nothing can be taken as standard between '84 and '85

I am going to remove the front bumper today my late na hc the bumper is fixed at the ends on the fold around the front wing plus one in the spare wheel void . it looks as if the 82 turbo has fixing through the light pod as i have had a look on previous post's. well we will find out a little later my 82 turbo definitely black I have done the rear it looks strange without the lower skirt that has to be painted now whilst it is off. Great forum thanks for all the input over the last couple of weeks.andy b

I thought get the bumper off rub down prime and paint i should have known better.

post-13282-0-75822800-1399138489.jpg

Mine are just as bad (front and rear). Good tip with the window sill. I will try that when I get around to repairing mine.

:)

It's getting there......