free hit
counters
SE Turbo air con belt - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

SE Turbo air con belt

I ordered a new air con belt for my rebuild project  from SJ Sportscars.  (The car came without a belt fitted)  When it arrived it was too short to fit.  I contacted SJ and (after he had stopped being condescending and insisting that it was the right belt), advised me that the only way to fit it is to remove the crank pulley, fit the belt round the compressor pully and then refit the crank pulley with the belt in the grove.  Before I lose any more skin, can anyone tell me if they have done it this way.  It still looks too short to me..........................

Thanks

Alan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I could get my air con belt off was to take it off with the crank pulley after loosening the air con belt tensioner wheel all the way!

I put it back the same way in reverse (pulley on compressor wheel and then belt with crank pulley together) so I would say SJ's is right. It is tight on there.

I think I usually remove the AC belt tensioner assembly and I think I probably remove the AUX pulley on the crank, slip the belt over the AC pulley and the AUX pulley, slide the AUX pulley on the crank, and then force the AC tensioner back on and under the belt.  Then tighten everything down.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE