free hit
counters
Please help identify Elite Camshafts C type or D type? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Please help identify Elite Camshafts C type or D type?

Hi,

I am currently doing some rebuild work on my engine and I have a query on the camshafts?

Based on the spec of my Elite 502 1976 I should have "C" Type camshafts fitted.

The Lotus manual for "C " Type states "Identification on shank between pulley and cam housing " = plain (so no grooves).

Not looked at this for a long time so when I looked at the cams i see the area on the photo marked under 1 is plain with no grooves.

However the area i have marked as 2 on the photo shows a thin groove ?

Hence my confusion is it a "C" Type CAM with no grooves or a "D" type CAM with one groove?

I have always assumed I had C Type cams fitted ...please can someone clarify from the photo as to where exactly the groove should be if any to identify the cam type either located at 1 or 2 ?

post-10139-0-52972700-1399498595.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Max,

Many thanks for getting back to me ..that's what I was hoping would be the case.....I guess I just needed a sanity check as the other groove I spotted below confused me momentarily.

Thanks again for confirming

Kind Regards,

Ed

Edited by Dorset_Elite

• 3 years later...