free hit
counters
Electric window fault - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Electric window fault

Are you still in warranty? If so, call Ken and if you need a tech to take a peek, call Silverstone mate. Pop me a PM with what you've done and I'll call the factory for you if you like tomorrow?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

A update on what's happening after replacing window regulator and still not doing what it should be doing great news  Snows Lotus have saved the day booked in to fix the issue great service from Snow Lotus Ken Mogan.

Bibs  and Silverstone Lotus thank you for your help on this issue .

Eddie.

073.JPG

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Nice picture Eddie and if you get the chance, once issue is resolved, can you post up the issue and fix for future reference?

Thanks

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Job done today just need to take a lot of photos before dismantle .

Replaced faulty unit only main issue is the cable for inside handle has a rubber recess near lock which i didn't see .

Its not an easy job but it can be done at home .

$_57.JPG

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I think I have the same problem. The electric micro swicth inside the door latch seems is broken: no pulse. I already removed the unit. B132B4169J is expensive just for replacing a micro switch inside the door lock latch assembly.  Any advise how this can be  fixed cheaper than the ? Is there a similar Ford or GM part no.?

• Gold FFM

Hi I bought a second hand unit.

You got the problem when you close the door the window does not move to make the seal .

you made sure it's not the window unit that's failed .

i got my checked by a lotus garage to make sure it was the lock that's caused my fault .

as I did replace that window mechanism thinking it was that .

didnt find where they source the part from .

Eddie 

Might be Jaguar part X type 

Thnx Eddie. I have tested the issue by putting power to that specific plug / cable coming from that unit. Its definitely the door latch. 

Its hard to read which brand door latch. It doesn't have any part number on it...

• 4 years later...

I could just revive any topic on this subject but here goes:

When I reset the window on RHS it works as designed. That is, until I switch of the ignition in which case I can manage 2 openings and it no longer functions. Looks as if the regulator forgets the setting. On power on and another reset, it works again, until. 

So could this be a corroded connection or just another failing regulator.Evora S1, 2011

I believe others have had issues similar, and it ended up being resolved by replacing the window regulator. The electronics within the regulator seem to exhibit odd failure symptoms, which I would attribute to moisture ingress over time. 

• Like 1