free hit
counters
If you were to spec your Evora again... - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

If you were to spec your Evora again...

JAWS

Would you go for the same colour and options etc again?

I have a Carbon Grey N/A 2+2 manual with every option apart from Premium pack and CR box and to be honest if I were to go back in time I'd choose the same again. The only option I've ummed and arghed about was the gearbox, but for every time I've wanted a shorter box there's been many times I've appreciated the standard box. I think the IPS ratios give the best of both worlds

However, if I were to choose from the current options I'd go for a slightly different spec. I'd definitely stick with the N/A engine and 2+2 but I'd go with Sienna Brown and the SR's Venom Red interior with light grey headlining plus all option packs. I'd want to put the larger forged wheels on in black. I'd also want to put my early solid aluminium interior door releases on it.

Manual or IPS? - still don't know :)

Similar to this...

post-10092-0-75317600-1399639787.jpg

post-10092-0-01815300-1399641276.jpg

I appreciate most on here bought second hand, but would you have specced your car that way anyway?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I bought mine second hand, so didn't choose the spec (although I'm pretty pleased with it). It's an NA 2+2 in Quartz Silver with black leather and all the packs and I've added the forged alloys. The car I actually went to look at was Carbon grey with paprika leather which I though was a lovely combo, but the condition wasn't as good as the Quartz one.

I do particularly like both the white and red SR look. If buying new (money no object!), I think a white Sports Racer S IPS would be my choice.

I'm not sold on the exterior Sports Racer look (love the interior). I didn't mind it 3+ years ago but think it's a bit over played now. I prefer the red highlights on your Evora Ross, a la "The Who" version.

For the options that were available at the time and for what is available now I wouldn't change a thing.  At the time I ordered I wanted to do something custom but through Lotus but was told I couldn't.  If Lotus gave regular customers the ability to do some minor custom work at a reasonable price I would have and think that others would also - both as new and post delivery.

Kyle Kaulback

Mines very similar to yours Jaws. But I've got the Black Forged alloys which IMO make the car.. The Premium interior also makes it a truly beautiful thing to use and look at.

Was very luck to buy it, it's my perfect spec and wouldn't change a thing. I said to Jamie at the time it's how I'd have speced it from new, deposit and handshake before even driving it! I've never been so decisive and clear about what I wanted :-)

Can't make up my mind about SR, I like the look on other peoples cars but think the regular car with Black Forged wheels is enough... Why not get some for your car? After 4 years a bit of a treat :-D

Cheers,

;-)

P.s If the SR was faster/lighter and had extra mechanical performance bits on it then I'd buy one. Here's hoping for a Evora variant with added lightness and power!

post-15194-0-28685600-1399808573.jpg

I do like the look of that auRouge. However, if I went for the black forged wheels I'd want the contrasting red calipers as well and then the costs start spiralling which for a weekend car wouldn't get management sign off ;)

I think if and when I return to Lotus, I'll go for an Evora S IPS..

Club Racer Blue or Sienna Bronze (would love Orange again)

Sport Racer details including bandit strip.

Barge boards

Black headlining

Suede tex everywhere

Red leather depending on exterior colour

Most other options.

Camera and sensors are a must, heated seats would be a welcome addition.

I'd probably try and get some motorsport parts on aswell.

My only worry would be Lotus announcing a face lifted Evora shortly after

I've given this a lot of thought as I intend to order a brand new one in a few months. Will be going N/A instead of S this time as I intend to put a lot more miles on, most likely with the IPS as the manual gearbox is very hit and miss. I want the S style rear diffuser though. Will be going custom colour, Lamborghini ithica verde (green) with the SR black accents. Black/silver badging all round, and black LOTUS lettering on the rear. 19/20" wheels, all the tech stuff. Interior will be similar to the SR, grey suedetex but with green stitching instead of the red, with the seats fully retrimmed in the same style I had done in my carbon grey S but again with the green stitching, so as below with the colour change:

P1000975_zpsfd99ce69.jpg

NA IPS would be the one I'd have out of the 4 I drove for a year too! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I don't think I'd change that much given the current options but... I'd go for either dark blue ( midnight? ) or the Lotus Racing Green. I'd spec a different piping colour on the interior, red would be a bit of a clash with either of those colours but looks great with the Amethyst Grey I have at the moment. An option for yellow, ( with LRG ) or orange ( with the blue ) brake callipers would be nice too. 

I'd keep the S as I don't seem to have an issue with MPG, likewise I'd keep the IPS as it's great for regular driving as well as the more spirited stuff. Carbon pack would be nice if such a thing existed and the spider version would be even better!  :smoke:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Rocket pods.

And machine guns for headlights.

Champagne fridge.

Oh, and an ejector seat for the next passenger who asks if Lotus is an Italian marque.

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

Daytona Blue Justin?.....attachicon.gifdaytona-blue-lotus-evora-sports-racer-2_1.jpg

I think it really suits the Evora.

Yeah, just like that.  Tough call between that an Sienna..

Annoyingly when I was changing out of my one, I enquired about ordering one just like that, but told it wasn't available as a Sport Racer, but could be ordered as a normal S, then the Sport Racer colours added.  Which ended up being around £5-6k more IIRC. Which I was a bit insulted by.  Can appreciate where Lotus were coming from slightly though

Yeah, just like that.  Tough call between that an Sienna..

Annoyingly when I was changing out of my one, I enquired about ordering one just like that, but told it wasn't available as a Sport Racer, but could be ordered as a normal S, then the Sport Racer colours added.  Which ended up being around £5-6k more IIRC. Which I was a bit insulted by.  Can appreciate where Lotus were coming from slightly though

I reckon if you asked the right people it wouldn't be too much bother.

S.V - I believe it was originally Peugeot 106 Rallye blue.

I ordered a new one (S, 2+2) in 2012 because there weren´t that many used ones (LHD) in the market and because I thought the MY 12 alterations would make sense - went for all Options exc. IPS (prefer manual) and the folding mirrors (never missed them, so I will not go the "ebay upgrade" route)

I ordered

frost blue with imperial blue int, dark headliner, black gloss 19/20 diam wheels

- still very happy with it, very rare combination, I would choose the same again (but imp blue leather has discontinued...not such a high demand I guess.....). But no wonder: frost blue is displayed in the Lotus Konfigurator as "grey/blue primer".....Seeing only the Konfigurator I would have never get an idea how the Color looked in the flesh. When I was thinking about buying an Evora I saw the vids and pics of the development of the Exige S and thougt the frost blue test car had the right color for an Evora - so easy decision in the end!

I saw Pictures of an US Evora in frost blue with the black pack (the same as SR exterior) but I think frost blue is not the perfect Basis for the SR Look. The SR look is an eye catcher, no discussion but I am not sure if I would be happy with such a look for long.

The daytona blue Evora (which is now for sale by a dealer in switzerland) is also very nice (would have been a hard decision for me), would even be nicer if you could combine it with a dark blue suede interior.  

@@@Jaws: Is daytona blue a solid or a metallic Color (advertised in Switzerland as a metallic Color, I was thinking it is a solid one?)

Rocket pods.

And machine guns for headlights.

Champagne fridge.

Oh, and an ejector seat for the next passenger who asks if Lotus is an Italian marque.

I'm ahead of you. I've already got the control panel for all those tools on my Parrot Asteroid ICE :harhar:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Damnit... I blame JAWS for starting this thread, I've just spotted this...

Perhaps with black leather and yellow piping, callipers,etc? 

image_url-10673-1341607019.jpg

• Like 1

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

I'm not sold on the exterior Sports Racer look (love the interior). I didn't mind it 3+ years ago but think it's a bit over played now. I prefer the red highlights on your Evora Ross, a la "The Who" version.

Wasn't much else I could do tbh. People really like the red bits, the only one I am not 100% sold on is the red stripe around the front. I may change that at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still thinking of buying one. However if I bought new then it would be N/A starlight black with the black/red piping and stitching sport interior. 2+0 as I need the leg room. Standard alloys in silver or black. Love the Evora, time will tell if I get one.

Chris.

I've given this a lot of thought as I intend to order a brand new one in a few months. Will be going N/A instead of S this time as I intend to put a lot more miles on, most likely with the IPS as the manual gearbox is very hit and miss. I want the S style rear diffuser though. Will be going custom colour, Lamborghini ithica verde (green) with the SR black accents. Black/silver badging all round, and black LOTUS lettering on the rear. 19/20" wheels, all the tech stuff. Interior will be similar to the SR, grey suedetex but with green stitching instead of the red, with the seats fully retrimmed in the same style I had done in my carbon grey S but again with the green stitching, so as below with the colour change:

Wow . . . love that stitching on the seats!

I ordered a 2014 Evora S two months ago. It was shipped here to Dubai by Virgin Atlantic over this past weekend. I ordered it completely with the specs I wanted--including Verde Ithaca paint.

Other than the paint, I got the 19"/20" black wheels, dark headliner, black w/ red stitching leather, sport racer shift knob, black badging, red calipers and all the optional packages (except heated seats--for obvious reasons). I will probably look into an upgraded exhaust in the future, but I wanted to see how the sound is first.

I haven't had a chance to drive the car yet--I pick it up this Thursday. It'll be interesting to compare it to the 2010 n/a Evora I'm trading in.

The color is bold, but if you can handle that it's a great choice. 

Cheers,

Bill

post-17334-0-97375300-1401222981.jpg