free hit
counters
Exige S residuals - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Blowfish

Exige S residuals

What would you guys project a new almost fully spec'd (£60k list) Exige S coupe to be worth in 2 years time?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I bought one at that price late last year. I'm guessing £40k-£45k in two years time. Keen to hear what other think.

I think you're spot on there. Most cars at that price level will burn £10k a year for the first three years. Conservative would be £7.5k a year.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

It's not quite so straight forward with Lotus though. My elise only lost 30% ish of its new value after 6 years and 36k miles. I think values should stay quite high for a while. Even though they are the best selling lotus at the moment there don't seem to be many about. You hardly ever see one.

I believe the Exige S has the strongest residuals of any UK car at the moment, top of the list :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I think £45k as a private sale, it will also still have a year's manufacturer warranty left at that point as well.

I think it will lose most of that in year one and then tale right off, settling for years at about the £40k mark judging by how S2 Exige's have performed. A top end (Cup or RGB) 2010 S2 Exige still fetches high 30's.

I bought mine, one year old with 4500 miles, Race Pack, aircon, diamond cut alloys, black metallic, red calipers (I think this is a grand or two under £60k looking at the options list) for £49,500 in August. I had to get an independent valuation for my insurance at the end of October, which was £47,500 (from Stratstone in Leicester, who sent me the Autotrader ads for them as well as the book price).

Judging by that, I'm hoping for £40k+ when it's two years old assuming I don't hurt it or rack up crazy miles (I expect it will be nearing or over 10k miles by then).

Edited by Ian Lockwood

Watching this thread with interest, as may consider one of these cars next year.

Noticed this car at Paul Mattys has been up for sale for over a month now at £45k. What price would this have been new ?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-s-roadster-premium/2955960

Edited by DJW

Previously owned : Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Are the Roadsters worth a bit less second hand than the coupes?

Seems like for like judging by those for sale, this to be the case.

I've picked up an 11 month old, 1200 mile roadster for £45.5k

All 3 packs

Heated seats

Reverse sensors

Hard top

Red leather

Red calipers

Diamond alloys

Met black

A/C

List price about £60k?

Ian - notice you're in Nottingham - which part? (Roughly, don't need to post your exact location...)

Edited by Rancid

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

Looks like a very good deal to me. Great time of year to buy a Roadster clearly!

The Matty car listed above is an interesting one. It does seem cheap and it's been hanging around a while - maybe due to the colour combination?

I think if you're spending £45k to £50k on a car, you want it to be right and you're not going to choose one just because it's the cheapest option. There was an Evora for sale at an independent for ages at £26k, which looked an absolute bargain, but why didn't anyone buy it when more expensive Evora's were selling regularly?

Unless S2 Exige prices take a dive (which seems unlikely), it's hard to see V6 Exige prices dropping much below £40k in the medium term, which makes one at £45k now a bargain! Lot's of people were predicting that Evora prices would plummet to Elise levels, but they didn't. Evora and Exige are rare and desirable.

I think if you're spending £45k to £50k on a car, you want it to be right and you're not going to choose one just because it's the cheapest option. There was an Evora for sale at an independent for ages at £26k, which looked an absolute bargain, but why didn't anyone buy it when more expensive Evora's were selling regularly?

I think your right there, people want the right car from the right dealer and will pay for that. Independents often have a harder time selling cars unless they get their pricing right and if that is the same silver Evora you mentioned that I am thinking of its just recently dropped below £26k but believe its missing the sports pack which has not helped. I have watched Evora's (N/A) drop to around £30k and stop there over the last 18/24 months and often cars under £30k still tend to still hang around for a while. Also I guess things have slowed down now winter has arrived.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

I'm sure the 50:50 finance deal is a big factor - anyone looking to buy has the option of spending 30k to get a new one and the man-maths blinkers conveniently hide the other 30k when comparing to a second hand car.

I'm sure the 50:50 finance deal is a big factor - anyone looking to buy has the option of spending 30k to get a new one and the man-maths blinkers conveniently hide the other 30k when comparing to a second hand car.

Damn right. It's the reason I bought one.  :blush:

All 3 packs

Heated seats

Reverse sensors

Hard top

Red leather

Red calipers

Diamond alloys

Met black

A/C

List price about £60k?

Ian - notice you're in Nottingham - which part? (Roughly, don't need to post your exact location...)

Was that the black one from sytner Warwickshire? Looks like a great deal for you.

Wonder how the 50:50 deals will affect residuals in a couple of years. Still can't see them dipping below £40k for a good while.

All 3 packs

Heated seats

Reverse sensors

Hard top

Red leather

Red calipers

Diamond alloys

Met black

A/C

List price about £60k?

I'm in south west Notts on the border with Derbyshire mate, not too far from the M1. How about you?

I'm in south west Notts on the border with Derbyshire mate, not too far from the M1. How about you?

South Notts on the border with Leicestershire, very close to the A46.

South Notts on the border with Leicestershire, very close to the A46.

Cool, not too far away then. I'll keep an eye out for a black roadster when I'm in that part of the world! My other car is a blue FD2 Civic Type R (the Jap four door variety), there aren't many of them around either so if you see one it's probably me, especially if I give you a flash of the lights!

Aye, not many of those around!

Also have a Yas Marina blue M3 (new 4 door variety) - not many of those around at the moment either, but my daily drive is a grey Transit Connect - loads of those around...

The Esprit has gone and I need a replacement, just been out today looking at Exige S and have to say the offers on new cars are tempting especially when you walk into the showroom and see a car in the right colour and the right spec. and the salesman says "you can have that on the road, jan. registered for less than 30k down, 3 years warranty, 3 years free seviceing, nothing more to pay for 12/24 months"   Oooooh so tempting, shame they wont offer the same deals on a Cup car.

If I thought I would be keeping the car long term I wouldnt worry about the residuals but I just know that in 2 years time there will be a new model I want........

Ho hum, dcisions decisions, after all its only a car and we all know they depreciate

Dont worry,be happy.............

Could it be a press car?

Confirmed.

Previously owned : Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501