free hit
counters
help !central locking/alarm - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

help !central locking/alarm

hey guys.i finally got round to fitting an alarm !!! almost......iv found the central locking control but is it pos trigger ? neg trigger ? I havnt got a clue.would anyone know which of the wires I have to connect to ? its a cat 1 thatcham and my options are pos trigger,neg trigger, single wire,vaccuum,and universal motor.thx in advance,steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil, can you please post the answer on the forum for future visitors to reference?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Bibs'

Not a problem, I got my knuckles rapped before on another forum for posting alarm / central locking wiring details but there's nothing that someone couldn't find out if they really needed to -

On my '95 MY S4s the central locking is negative trigger & the cables you need are -

Lock - orange / blue ( number 2 on module )

Unlock - orange / red ( number 6 on module )

Phil.

:thumbup: Good man, thanks. Nothing a brick wouldn't achieve if someone wanted to nick the car!  :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

haha,or a crowbar ! I knew why you pm,d me phil--and thanxit is a bit of a dodgy subject I spose...im gonna look this aft,weather permitting of course`.but for now its shower and bed.latrz,steve

yeah I kind of agree with that.there is absolutely no info on the net/forums etc re any alarm systems/diags etc.thatcham,cobra non of this is readily available.you download when you buy if your fitting it yourself and after that I think your pretty much on your own.the only benefit I think to fitting it yourself is that in the event of a problem you know where the wires are and how it was immobilised etc,steve

hey phil iv chkd the wiring this aft and it doesn't add up.i have orng/red at no 6 and orng/blue at no 5 ?? so im gonna have to do a temp wiring job till I know its operating.soldering iron packed up this aft anyway so waiting for a new one now.did fit two new doorlock barrels so didn't seem a complete waste of time ! more later with pics on what iv been up to.cheers,steve

Mmm, according to the diagram there is no number 5 ?

Numbers 2 should be orange/blue with two wires coming from it & number 6 is orange/red with two wires coming from it.

According to the book the other connections on the control unit are 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12. No 5 or 10 shown.

To be honest I can't remember if I checked the numbers on mine, I think I just found the correct coloured cables & connected it to them. I do remember it was a right royal PITA to access down in the footwell !!

As you're a full forum member have you downloaded the service book ? this has all the wiring diagrams in.

Phil.

hi phil.i am a full member but I don't know where the service book is ?? iv got the parts manual but no wiring diags.ill recheck this aft.maybe,as mine is 1989 they changed a little.what youre telling me is correct as there is two wires from each.all the others are single wireslive,neutral etc.i will recheck this afternoon deffo anyway.could do with getting this out the way by weekend.at the mo igv got no dash ,interior ,seats etc as im doing a full interior refurb and need to get cracking.im not rushed but hey,summers coming ? well hopefully anyway,steve........shower and bed