free hit
counters
Seat Belt Warning Alarm - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all,

I am still new to the Evora so please forgive my ignorance. I have just removed my driver's seat and refitted it, making sure I plugged the seat belt harness back. Since then I've noticed that when I put the ignition on, I get a buzzer about the seat belt? I wasn't there a few minutes ago or since I've owned it.

Do you think it was unplugged by PO or perhaps programmed to be deleted and I've reset it somehow? Does your car have a alarm for the driver's seat belt?

Regards,

David

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It always annoyed me that the seat belt alarm came on before you even started the car. 

I generally fasten my belt before I start the car so I never really noticed. However, from the manual it states:

Seat belt tell tale

As a reminder to fasten the seat belts, the seat belt tell tale

in the instrument cluster will flash red for about six seconds

following ignition switch on, accompanied, if the driver’s belt is

not fastened, by an intermittent audible tone. Thereafter, if the

driver’s belt remains unfastened, the lamp will light continuously,

but if vehicle speed should exceed 15mph (20km/h)the lamp

will flash, accompanied by a beeping tone for a period of two

minutes (except Japan),unless curtailed by a speed reduction

below 10mph (15km/h)before this time.

It always annoyed me that the seat belt alarm came on before you even started the car. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks guys but it doesn't explain why it's not worked before?

I wonder whether it was unplugged under the seat in the first place? I would have thought that unplugging the harness would cause the alarm to buzz?

I must admit, I forgot about the plug and harness when taking the seat out but didn't feel it snagging. I'll have a quick look in the morning. If it does switch off the alarm then that would be a good find.

Cheers,

David

I've just had a quick look at my seat and unplugged the harness underneath. It's buried quite far back and it tricky but doable.

The warning buzzer now doesn't sound and no ECL. I prefer this, so I am going to leave it like this.

For those wanting to do the same, it is very tight underneath the seat, so you may have to loosen the runner bolts in order to access the plug. If you can reach it then it's only a 2 min job!

Regards

David

Very useful tip thank you!

I believe car manufactures do this to gain a better NCAP rating... Annoying but I've got used to it, designed for people who need a prompt to breath no doubt!

Out of interest, you don't have to answer but why take a seat out?

Defo sounds like previous owner didn't want a prompt now you've discovered a loophole ;-)

Hi auRogue, I only took the seat out for 2 reasons:-

1. Because the car was new to me and I wanted to vacuum underneath as I am very particular and doubt it will have ever vacuumed there. I wouldn't like to imagine what all those yellow looking crumbs were!

2. To take pictures am whilst doing the install guide.

There's no reason to do it otherwise.

Regards

David

Think yourself fortunate. My Range Rover has occupancy sensors (no doubt linked to the airbags) which bong the tell tale should a front seat passenger not be buckled up. Only thing is, they can't tell the difference between a very light person and a laptop in its bag... 

Frustrating.

Think yourself fortunate. My Range Rover has occupancy sensors (no doubt linked to the airbags) which bong the tell tale should a front seat passenger not be buckled up. Only thing is, they can't tell the difference between a very light person and a laptop in its bag... 

Frustrating.

Hi,

every Range Rover Ding Dong can be resetted to soundless easily by fasten and defasten your driversbelt 8 times (ignition on) in a row. then the buzz or dong ding horror ends for ever... untill you detach the battery. try it. regs. Anubis

Edited by anubis1

Gotta love the Forums for all this info!

Superdavelotus - I thought I was OCD cleaning my car with rainwater (harvested) to prevent streaking! Using a resin gloss polish after waxing, using anti static wipes on the instrument panels and columns... removing seats.. this takes things to a different level ;-)

Is it reassuringly well built under? When I pulled the carpets out to remove a fuse recently I was reassuringly pleased with the level of materials and quality.

Had a look behind the dash of an F360 a couple of years ago... :-O scarily looked like a teenagers CDT project! The Evora's quite neat from what I can see.

I need a garage.

I hope you're not polishing it after you've waxed it? :blink:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You're ruining the wax you just put on it! The wax is the final coat, polish will just be scrubbing it all off again! 

Evora NA

I should clarify, it's not extra wax I'm using it's a sealant that protects the wax and helps remove those irritating white lines against the armourfend.

1. AutoGlym Super Resin Polish

2. AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection

3. Beer

4. Strange looks from the neighbours

My car is used everyday and lives outside so once a quarter I spend half a day with a clay bar for tar and shite off the motorways and then resin polish it and use the Gloss Protection to ensure the paintwork is fully sealed...

OCD but the car looks great for it.

Makes more sense! :thumbup:

Evora NA