free hit
counters
Esprit St Tropez for sale - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit St Tropez for sale

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously interested to buy this. I going to make a call to the owner later today.

Isn't it odd that the owner, obviously aware of the interest on the internet and with knowledge of Rolf's site, hasn't popped up to say hello before?

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/sttropez456.html

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

How come the two red ones on the German site don't have window frames, but this one does?

Removed by the owners?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

There was only a few to compare, but most conversions seem to have done without frames. More likely this one had them added back in for rigidity! After all they were never designed to be frameless in the original car

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

"Esprit convertible ,very rare one of only six built"

As in "factory build" or bespoke coach builders?????

It's around this sort of time in these conversations that someone tends to ask if a Stevens Esprit has ever been successfully chopped.

Not really, is the usual reply...

convertible007.jpg

Oh dear....is that an S4?

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I can only think an engine fire would  be an excuse for that but even then I would have thought reshelling it a better option.

It was a GT3. Badly damaged at both ends and in very poor condition prior to the accident. Spare parts only. The above photo was done purely as a curiosity before being disposed of in a very undignified manner:

IMG_0069.jpg

Yeah, you palmed it off to Alan.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

The reason for the door frames is that it belonged to Peter Chilvers (Lotus Engineer/ Inventor, he actually created the wind surf and worked for Lotus for some time).  He found at speed the windows flapped slightly so as well as introducing the aluminium frames he also fabricated a hard top for the car which I must say after driving it home it all works very well, hardly any scuttle shake or wind noise. 

I bought it. Will probably do some work to it and sell it.

Edited by Roger Moore

A certain gentleman by the name of Rolf will be most excited to see this;

Hi Mark,

Yes I am exited!

Finally I found the add link in the chat section :rolleyes:

Thank you for the wake up call, not very often around in The Forum in the moment.

The former owner Peter contacted me that he is thinking about selling the roadster maybe a year ago. I got no answer to my response. Really sorry for that as he invented windsurfing and as this is my favorite hobby for over 30 years now, I would have liked to have some chat with him.

Cheers,

Rolf

The reason for the door frames is that it belonged to Peter Chilvers (Lotus Engineer/ Inventor, he actually created the wind surf and worked for Lotus for some time).  He found at speed the windows flapped slightly so as well as introducing the aluminium frames he also fabricated a hard top for the car which I must say after driving it home it all works very well, hardly any scuttle shake or wind noise. 

Hi Anthony,

Congrats to your buy!

As the owner of the other blue St Tropez I can asure you that the window frames are not really necessary, just disturbing the open top appearance slightly imho.

Hard top with the foldable struts was made by PBB for my roadster also, nice add on for long journeys, as you described keeps wind noises low on the autobahn.

If you want a better picture of your car on my website www.lotusespritconvertible.de, send me a pm.

Cheers,

Rolf

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

Wow very rare cars.Cool i have seen your car Rolf.Many years ago........Mike

Hi Mike,

isn´t it a difference to see it in the flesh?

I still get a grin on my face when I open the garage door.

Rolf

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

Yes the window frames need to go. I also think a change of rims and some tyre gel or at the very least a good shine put on them. The same wheels with the gold paint will also make it look nice imo. Nice buy - I've always really liked them.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!