free hit
counters
Inaugural TLF Worcestershire Meet - Page 3 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Inaugural TLF Worcestershire Meet

Bibs

That was awesome! We need to do it again.

• Like 2

Sudders and Dany

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's been so long since I've seen an S4 up close and plastic that I'd forgotten just how much presence they have. Following Robin's car away; it's quite an imposing sight.

Awesome fun way to spend a few hours, despite the weather.

Next time, with sunshine and sarnies 🌞

• Love 1

Sudders and Dany

• Gold FFM

Am sure there are a few more Hereford and Worcester Lotuses that in theory could come out to play in time. There's an Azure blue Esprit S4s in Ross, then there's @PAUL GURNEY's GT3, @Rob Warren's X180. @Barrykearley, you mentioned an S1 that was going to come out but was rain adverse? Anyone know of any others?

A cross county visit to Caffeine and Machine in Warwickshire for a future meet was touted and does sound fun :)  

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I know of a few others @RobinB5 - sadly the S1 started and was returned to the barn when it started raining. 

I’m sure we can get the numbers up a bit in future. There’s a white S4 in the Bonhams sale - otherwise i could have tempted him out. There’s an Elise owner and an Elan owner local to me as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

As i mentioned to a couple of you on Sunday morning, i along with a group of others have hired Llandow circuit for the day on Friday 16th July for a track day. Postcode CF71 7PB

There are still a limited number of places left (max 30 ), it is a case of drive what want. Last time we had rally cars ,race cars , kit cars, road cars, even a rally raid land rover 90. Fist session is groups then open pit lane.

Its £150 for the whole day. If any one is interested drop me a message.    

briefing-room-outline.jpg

• Like 1

I'm gutted I missed this - just mot'd the S1 Elise after a covid rest . I've followed this so hope to join the next mtg . 

Anyone a member of the MAC ? They do a monthly Thursday evening event and also the breakfast club at The World Famous Shelsley Walsh . Some nice cars there . 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Djs44 said:

I'm gutted I missed this - just mot'd the S1 Elise after a covid rest . I've followed this so hope to join the next mtg . 

Anyone a member of the MAC ? They do a monthly Thursday evening event and also the breakfast club at The World Famous Shelsley Walsh . Some nice cars there . 

Yes, MAC members here.  We usually get up there 2 or 3 times a year. We're planning to go up to the next Breakfast Club on Sunday 30th May.

14 minutes ago, SteveO... said:

Yes, MAC members here.  We usually get up there 2 or 3 times a year. We're planning to go up to the next Breakfast Club on Sunday 30th May.

Great , I’ve booked for that one I think 

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Not long and it’s the Bromyard speed festival on tour. That’s gonna be a good day out.

https://www.bromyardspeedfestival.co.uk/

Just sent my entry form off for the hill climb, this is what the Westfield was made for

11 minutes ago, PAUL GURNEY said:

Just sent my entry form off for the hill climb, this is what the Westfield was made for

Paul 

We did the Westfield race series in 1992 (!) - we built 2 off  SE's with live axles , raced and drove home from the circuits , then did hillclimbs . Red top Vauxhall - good engines but more power these days . 

Derek  

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Djs44 said:

Paul 

We did the Westfield race series in 1992 (!) - we built 2 off  SE's with live axles , raced and drove home from the circuits , then did hillclimbs . Red top Vauxhall - good engines but more power these days . 

Derek  

Hi Derek

Mine has a 1600 crossflow, 145bhp on the rolling road and weighs just over 600kg and of course drives like a go kart . Its a 95narrow bodied se 

8 hours ago, PAUL GURNEY said:

Hi Derek

Mine has a 1600 crossflow, 145bhp on the rolling road and weighs just over 600kg and of course drives like a go kart . Its a 95narrow bodied se 

Very similar to ours - started with a 1700 xflow  , built them in 1990 SE narrow body . Then changed to the C20 engine , 200bhp , 526kg . 

• Gold FFM
On 18/05/2021 at 22:58, Barrykearley said:

Not long and it’s the Bromyard speed festival on tour. That’s gonna be a good day out.

https://www.bromyardspeedfestival.co.uk/

Got my confirmation of entry today, if any one is coming come say hello

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I wasn't gonna go to Goodwood FOS. Bit far and all just to see the Emira whizz past, but then Lotus announced that they are this year's central theme/advertiser/interactive thingy wotsit, and I decided that I can't not do this year if Lotus are doing many things. I can always not go next year!

So, I'm ticketed for the 8th and I've booked myself into the West supercar park 😁.

Am excited.

Took the car to Silverstone and back today, which turned into a great fun drive. Every kind of road (and road user) and just sublime. Man, I love my car!

This coming Wednesday morning (2nd Jun), I'm going to head over to Caffeine and Machine and check it out. I think the cross-country journey could be pretty awesome.

Which brings me to - next meet, and I'm thinking something like w/e of 24/25 Jul ??? Local, like Coco's, or a drive to something like C&M (or similar). It's the weekend after the GB GP.

What do we think?

• Like 2

Sudders and Dany

• 2 weeks later...

So, let's go firm on Sunday 25th Jul, for 1000hrs. Recommend that we meet again at Coco's Cafe (which will be open this time), and maybe over a brew, chat through options for a run out.

Pass the word. Be nice to chat in not terrible rain (hopefully) and with a buttie and a brew.

• Love 1

Sudders and Dany

So that's you and me, Barry, at least 😁

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany