free hit
counters
Hello from Sweden - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello from Sweden

Hi everyone,

Realized I had to become a member here so I can post questions. The Swedish forums are good but not so active, response time can be quite long.

I bought my Esprit Turbo MY88 about a year ago. Last summer I drove it for roughly 10 000 km (6250 miles) with essentially no problems. The only thing that happened was that the first week the belt to the vacuum pump came off. This was due to the bolts unscrewing themselves. Fitted new lock washers but they came undone 5 days later again, so applied some loctite and no problem since. My view is that cars like these should be used and not stored away in the garage so in the summer I use it as my everyday car. The car is calypso red and RHD.

//Henrik

========================================
Torque times RPM equals horsepower!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and a pic...

Posted Images

Welcome to TLF Henrick. The vacuum pump isn't an easy to get to part is it! 

We'd like to see some pics please :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Henrik!

Welcome to our growing Scandanavian membership of TLF.

Great to see you. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Such a warm welcome :)

I live in the North West part of Scania ( Angelholm) not so far from Denmark

• Gold FFM

Hey Henrik - we won't be far from you on Saturday - six of us are coming to meet up with Kim and others in Copenhagen.

(Managed to translate Kim's post: "Møøse once bit my sister ... No realli!")

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Copenhagen is a lovely city! Would have been nice if I could have joined up, but I've got tickets to this event at Mantorp Park, http://autoropa.se/ . The url is in Swedish but Autoropa is the agent in Sweden for Ferrari, Maserati, McLaren etc etc so it will be an abundance of nice cars there (maybe not so many Loti though). I am not sure if it is correct but I like the: one Lotus, many Loti :)
//Henrik

• Gold FFM

Shame!  Right guys, Sweden next...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

We've got a Finland area in our regional groups which doesn't see much action, shall I change it to Scandinavia?

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/53-regional-worldwide-groups-events-a-z/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 4 weeks later...

A little late as I was away, but welcome to TLF Henrik. :welcome:

Calypso Red & RHD. Got 2 out of three right. :) Nice car.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.