Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Frame - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Frame

Corsu

I wonder if the frame of the Exige, for the middle part, is the same as the Elise. At the front and the rear it seems to be the same as the Evora. Is there someone able to confirm it ? 

Three days ago, i got in the Exige V6 S Roadster. Very very very nice car but i'm find nothing about the frame. Only this picture from speedmonkey. I want to know more. Thanks for helping me  :)

IMG_7124.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm right in saying that the Exige is the same as the Elise at the front, with the Evora rear subframe.

I'm sure someone more technical will be along soon enough to confirm though..

Wish I was a bit more technical but yes Exige uses Elise tub and Evora rear subframe.

That one has Nitron shocks and two-piece brake discs. Nice!

Wishbones on the Exige V6 at the front are different to the Elise/Exige S2 but are bolted directly on to the tub like the Elise, as you can see in the picture. The crash structure is composite as on the Elise and ancillaries like heater modules are mounted in a similar way. This means the same vulnerability in a corner impact where I have seen cars requiring a new tub if the wheel has taken a big knock and the tub has subsequently been damaged.

The Evora has a separate aluminium subframe at the front which also doubles as a much more substantial crash structure. A heavy corner or frontal impact in an Evora does not normally affect the tub.

All 3 components are unique to the 3 models. The front crash structures and chassis' are similar on the Elise and Exige but not shared, the Evora's very different (as stated by Amoss). The rear subrame for the Exige is as different/similar to the Elise as it is the Evora.

The rear subrame for the Exige is as different/similar to the Elise as it is the Evora.

Do you mean that the rear frame is not the same as the EVORA one ? I've always read that the rear exige frame was the same. 

Interesting. Exige part number 9 looks similar to the sheer panel they used for the Cup260 Exige to increase torsional rigidity.

The Evora appears to do without such a thing (I was told at the factory the tub is 2.5 times stiffer than the Elise tub), unless that is the job of part number 10 on the Evora drawing.

Do you mean that the rear frame is not the same as the EVORA one ? I've always read that the rear exige frame was the same. 

I have also read this before but as I stated and as Bibs has shown, the Exige and Evora rear subframes are different.  Bear in mind the width/size of the Exige chassis compared to the Evora's, I don't understand why anyone would think they would use the same subframe.

Bear in mind the width/size of the Exige chassis compared to the Evora's, I don't understand why anyone would think they would use the same subframe.

Because they both use the same Engine, as I believed before seeing the amazing drawing displayed by Bibs. :unworthy:

Part 9 is the shear panel that sits under the fuel tank Jonny, all elise/exige/2-11/v6 will have them on as it forms part of the structural strength to the chassis design.

Not sure how the evora chassis is set up and of it has one or not but number 10 looks like the same to me yes.

Edited by TheKevlarKid

Thanks Gav,

I typed 'shear' originally as opposed to 'sheer' but then I thought that's what farmers do to their sheep!

:getmecoat: