free hit
counters
Noxious fumes inside car - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Noxious fumes inside car

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Engine fumes can get into the cabin via the tunnel - check the integrity of the gearstick rubber gaiter under the leather.  Also via the seatbelt slots, especially if your engine cover seal isn't perfect.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Ian, forgot to mention - they all smell funny unless they're yellow.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Ian, forgot to mention - they all smell funny unless they're yellow.

I think you meant to say the owners smell funny and have small a pee pee IF they're yellow  :P

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

• 3 weeks later...

Engine fumes can get into the cabin via the tunnel - check the integrity of the gearstick rubber gaiter under the leather.  Also via the seatbelt slots, especially if your engine cover seal isn't perfect.

Second that - I replaced the gaiter on mine which solved the smell.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

does it smell like something rubbing and getting hot?

Could it be the tyre rubbing on something (check rim or tyre?)

Look at the manifold/turbo area for oil spots or a rubber pipe touching something hot. Worth opening the boot lid and looking around after the engine is hot for little whisps of smoke