free hit
counters
Members cars in the press/TV - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Members cars in the press/TV

I'm putting together a page of what we've done in the past with press/TV etc...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/about-us/media-car-enquiries/

I'm working back trying to remember everything but if anyone can jog my memory, that would be great! :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

TLF members have been supplying cars to the media for many years. If you need a car for a shoot/article/event, please contact us and we'll help as best we can!

Previous collaborations:

Sky TV - F1 Silverstone GP

Esprit Essex provided driven by Martin Brundle and Johnny Herbert, show during '50 years of Silverstone' piece during qualifying and before GP on race day.

Classic Car TV

Esprit Turbo provided for recreation of 'Chase HQ' computer game. - link

Lotus Cars @ British GT round at Silverstone

6 cars provided for 'Supercar Paddock' display - link

Octane Magazine

Embargoed until publication

EVO Magazine

6 Elise's provided for group test - link

Top Gear

Lotus Esprit S1 provided for '50 years of Bond Cars: A Top Gear Special' - link

EVO Magazine

6 Esprits provided for 'Esprit Celebration' feature - link

Octane Magazine

Esprit Sport 300 and Esprit Sport 350 provided for 2 car comparison piece - link

Click for full article

Better?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Don't forget, Iconic Ride's car was featured in The Lagos Nigerian Gazette (afternoon edition), awhile back.

There are some cars up here in the Northeast US that have been in local print. I think my dealer keeps a list and I'll see if I can grab it.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Don't forget, Iconic Ride's car was featured in The Lagos Nigerian Gazette (afternoon edition), awhile back.

A most factual proclamation of a naturally occurring  actual event of great magnitude within the very village limits of eastern Lagos. The munificent display of the noted conveyance was exceedingly attended by appreciatingly crowds of largely respected automobile fans seriously clamoring for better vantage points to produce superior selfies suitable for publication on the interweb.

Most unfortunately, I am caused to report that the hosting regime failed in all possible ways to complete renumeration to me to offset the considerable costs adhered to my transportation strategy incurred to place the car on observational view. Thusly I am seriously moved to beseech in most humble fashion generous legal tender contributions of a large scale to increase my net worth to a level more equivalent with that of gentlemen of leisure status. 

Donations of great magnitude or better can be sent to the following address:

J. Heath, esq.

Lotus Cambelt Fund, LLC

Box 007

Lagos, Nigeria

Austin, TX

Allah's praises be upon you and your nearby relatives as well.

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Hang on...do you also write for the Korean Central News Agency? And "esq."? Isn't your title, John Heath, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army?

Honestly, you can't make this stuff up...unless you write for the KCNA:

Kim Jong Un Provides Field Guidance to Ryongmun Liquor Factory 

Pyongyang, May 28 (KCNA) -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, provided field guidance to the Ryongmun Liquor Factory. Commanding a bird's-eye view of the production buildings and compound nestled in a valley surrounded by high mountains with a broad smile on his face, Kim Jong Un said the longer he watched them, the more clean and neat they looked. He added he might rest assured of the quality of foodstuff when he looked at them only from outside as the face is the index of the heart.

MM00223355.jpg

(They're all laughing because they're drunk. And terrified for their lives.)

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

As you may be able to tell from the first post this is for cars that we have provided to the press. Wallies.

Evora NA

Oops. Guilty as charged. :popo:

This appeared in the Austin American Statesman a while back. Don't think he is a member though.

First U.S. home for new Lotus car: Austin
PG-Rice-Lotus_277337a.jpg

Patrick George

Bruce Rice of Austin is a longtime fan of Lotus Cars. He traded in an Exige S for an Evora, the company's new upscale model.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Err, ta :blink:

Evora NA

Ah, the prospect of documenting our fleeting fame.

About six years ago a short-lived sci-fi television series called Caprica was filmed in Vancouver - it was intended as a prequel to the Battlestar Galactica series but only lasted for one season. Anyway, they needed some older cars, both British and American, for filming and hired my Europa for one day's shoot. I was at work then so my son dutifully drove it for the day (and retained the $ $ paid for use of the car). As I recall, the Europa had a one or two second cameo in a couple of episodes and presumably is now echoing through history in someone's DVD collection.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Yup, tried to find that online yesterday. We also got his car on the cover of Classic and Sports Car magazine.

Evora NA

Well remembered! :)

Evora NA

Very nice but we didn't arrange it matey. 

Evora NA

Did TLF organise it?

Evora NA