free hit
counters
Why me? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Why me?

Kimbers

Hi all

Am a little drunk but need to get something off my chest........I'm sure I'm not alone with this.

Why oh why can I not work hard and spend my hard earned money on something I really want (i.e. a nice car) without some absolute Fkin Tw*t coming along to spoil it?

My Boss called me in the office and said that I was doing so well that I could chose my next car.....anything I want. Working for Honda it has to be one of them, but a good mix of performance and low company car tax decided me on the Acccord 140psi Diesel (awesome 50-70 speed) in Blueish Silver metallic with Pimped out windows and 18inch Smoked alloys. Beautiful!

One week later (yesterday) I walk out of my house and guess what! Keyed all the way down both sides!

Tonite at just gone past 12 I get a phone call on my mobile saying...we know your car and it's history, don't bother fixing it cause it, like you, is history.

Well I say bring it on, cause if I catch them You lot need to petition the PM to get me outta jail cause I will kill em!

Whats worse is that the respray comes out of my department. Part of my commission is based on bottom line profit, so this comes directly outta my pocket.......

Any contributions are gladly accepted :blink: If not please chat to me at Stoneleigh cause I am mighty depressed and in need of some support right now!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimbers - ever seen pulp fiction?

LANCE

Still got your Malibu?

VINCENT

You know what some fucker did to it

the other day?

LANCE

What?

VINCENT

Fuckin' keyed it.

LANCE

Oh man, that's fucked up.

VINCENT

Tell me about it. I had the

goddamn thing in storage three

years. It's out five fuckin' days

-- five days, and some dickless

piece of shit fucks with it.

LANCE

They should be fuckin' killed. No

trial, no jury, straight to

execution.

VINCENT

I just wish I caught 'em doin' it,

ya know? Oh man, I'd give anything

to catch 'em doin' it. It'a been

worth his doin' it, if I coulda

just caught 'em, you know what I

mean?

LANCE

It's chicken shit. You don't fuck

another man's vehicle.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

What, like my house, next to the main Norfolk Constabulary?

I seriously woul be happy to beat them to a pulp!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Kimbers, the only beating up is 'gunna be the guy who's been drinking....(you!). I would keep my dignity and stay a winner from my last known fight when I was 12 years old :blink:

Very pycho this clown ringing you... I would be handing my phone to the elephant trackers (bobbies in your town) and getting a search done.

or...I have some contacts....maybe a bit of 'wet work'? heh heh heh B)

Iain

Edited by iainskea

Sorry to hear that Kimbers ,there are a lot of jerks in England ,hope you get it fixed ,bit off the subject but as my Mrs says in our country the more you contibute the worst off you are can only imagine how angry you feel , speak soon mate .mike mel claudia

You serious Kimbers ?

If your Poolice force is anything like ours they wont get out of bed for this - however they do have the means to trace back someone for criminal damage here and if you want to get excited over it you have also had a threat to life.

That call can be back logged and traced - easily. Even our 'blocked' ones can, mobiles are great that - tickle them the right way and they sing like a canary.

Dunno what it is with you - you've always got the sh*ty end of the stick :blink:

If you haven't done so already you need to report the damage as too many people dont and thats why statisitcs are down and the police are doing a good job.....right.

Second you need to over fuss the threat on the phone, dunno what their TSU is like up there in turnip country but if they wanyt to do their jobs propperly they can take the SIM out and do some phone calls, find out who called you and find out who the phone is registered to and hopefully do something about it - I would stress you're quite stressed by it and have xxx kids blah blah, play that game. Once that's on the report they have to tick a box in the paperwork as an appropriate response.

Prob is nowadays is for the police to do ANYTHING you need to have DNA, CCTV, confessions etc to get anywhere near a procecution.

If you think this might be anywhere near a repeat occurance I would suggest a PIR activated light and CCTV camera covering the car that only activates when the light comes on - no real substitute to a pick axe handle I know but if you want the law involved thats what you need to do.

Need any advice on this gimme a pm, I do this for a living...well I get paid, I don't do much....not scratching cars either.....off to Brands hatch....

facebook = [email protected]

I had Lottie vandalised around 8 years ago - smashed side window and frame bent. Luckily, her alarm must have scared the heroes off.

Empathy Kimbers - I know how bloody frustrating this is, and your desire for blood is natural. But lean on the cops - it's THEIR job to send these scrotes away to college. And the call SHouLd be traced as it makes it a much more serious crime if they can pin it on someone (prob made from a callbox though).

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Sorry to heat that Kimbers :(

Can't understand those who keyed others property, if authorities put them to the jail that should do the trick :rolleyes: Still when those people are catched they just walk away from it, usually they haven't got any money for paying those damages :D

This summer we have a big problem in our town, some idiot keyed a lot cars :) Not sure if they catched him or not but vandalism has stopped.

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Hi all

Am a little drunk but need to get something off my chest........I'm sure I'm not alone with this.

Why oh why can I not work hard and spend my hard earned money on something I really want (i.e. a nice car) without some absolute Fkin Tw*t coming along to spoil it?

My Boss called me in the office and said that I was doing so well that I could chose my next car.....anything I want. Working for Honda it has to be one of them, but a good mix of performance and low company car tax decided me on the Acccord 140psi Diesel (awesome 50-70 speed) in Blueish Silver metallic with Pimped out windows and 18inch Smoked alloys. Beautiful!

One week later (yesterday) I walk out of my house and guess what! Keyed all the way down both sides!

Tonite at just gone past 12 I get a phone call on my mobile saying...we know your car and it's history, don't bother fixing it cause it, like you, is history.

Well I say bring it on, cause if I catch them You lot need to petition the PM to get me outta jail cause I will kill em!

Whats worse is that the respray comes out of my department. Part of my commission is based on bottom line profit, so this comes directly outta my pocket.......

Any contributions are gladly accepted :rolleyes: If not please chat to me at Stoneleigh cause I am mighty depressed and in need of some support right now!

Kimbers,

IF ..........you should ever get another call from this 'Deprived person' . Invite him to key you , not some inanimate object that cannot bite back .........

No Bottle these 'W' Anchors.

One thought ......

Get it resprayed Pink....You know it makes sense , it will look like some Girlies car and less likely to attract the Cretins !!

Mike :D

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Really sorry to hear that Kimbers. Is it a company mobile? Is it a personal mobile - If somebody is phoneing you on your mob, are you able to come up with a shortlist of possible r-soles that could know your number? As other have said, CCTV & phone to Police is priority. Hope you get it sorted as quickly as you can, and here's hopeing the little shit gets what they deserve.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I second Jons post.

Do NOT delete the txt - contact the polie immeidately - there's a threat of violence against you - in WRITING and they can indeed trace it back to the phone repsonsible.

Report it IMMIEDIATELY and if they don't DO anything then call me (sooner rather than later) and I'll tell you how to make them investigate.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

No it was a phonecall mate. My car goes in for respray tomorrow.

I have made 3 complaints to the police in the last year, door kicked in, sexually abusive phonecalls to the mrs and daughter threatened.

They have done nothing and don't intend to so whats the point when my car was just keyed?

Here, have one of my smilies to cheer you up cheerup.gif

They're probably ill equiped to deal with the technical side of things but the comms can be traced, as I say phones are evil little things if you know how to open them up (electronically) they tell you all kindsa things.

Prob is Kimbers is that if we don't complain, nothing goes down on the statistics.

Police forces are about facts and figures - when you watch the TV and they say "oooh violent crime is down" it's not that comunity support officers are driving fear into thugs, it's becuase people can't be assed to report the problems - I don't have a lot of time for the way the police operate, but some of it they honestly think they're doing a good job on but it's because their figures are the things that are telling them that.

Thing I hate about the way of the world in this country is that you're a tax paying decent person yet get no help, but some domesticated pikey who 'knows their rights' gets every kind of attention under the sun when their drug dealer is threatening them for not paying their tab - what we call shit-on-shit in the office.

You don't seem like the kind of offenisve guy to me so what gives with all the probs ?

Someone must have known how to get you on your mobile #

Sounds that you've made someone very jealous.

Have you stolen someones thunder? Taken someones place in the limelight? Taken over from them as the number 1 representative of a group? Could it be....blobby.jpg

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

You don't seem like the kind of offenisve guy to me so what gives with all the probs ?

I'm thinking it relates to the other problems, unless someone is jealous of my new Honda. I can't say or explain what it was all about as it was a serious criminal offense (on my family) and even though it was an open and shut case (He admitted it) they still managed to cock it up.

Thats enough of that anyway..... :rolleyes:

Tony - if you don't say antyhing they CAN'T do anything or even keep a log of events.

The call can be traced. Jono knows exaclty how all this works as indeed do I.

Like I said... if they don't investigate, call me and I'll tell you how you make them do it but the longer you leave it the less of a leg to stand on you will have.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Tony - if you don't say antyhing they CAN'T do anything or even keep a log of events.

The call can be traced. Jono knows exaclty how all this works as indeed do I.

Sorry to hear about the problems. I agree with Robin, the call can be traced very easily and you have to tell the police so that they can do something about it. Hope it all gets sorted out.

banner-1.jpg

All joking apart, Tony, I agree with the others. You can't let this go on. It won't get better by itself. You need to do what you can to involve the police.

The keying is one thing, something that a bored kid might do. The threats are a whole different level. Especially as you say it's not just you getting threatened.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Oh it has been alot lot worse, believe me :) Infact this is a relief in comparison.

I have had to edit this many times and I did discuss this with some on the Monday of the factory visit, after a few too many. (thanks for keeping the confidence)

Seriously guys, thanks for all the support.

I have just got off the phone from the police, after reporting both issues. They have "noted" that I have had these issues before and want me to keep a log for 4 weeks. If it continues I need to go back to them.

Whoopee do........ :)

You should now have a case handler, if you're speaking to different people everytime regarding the issue you should make a log of that and just politely ask their name and/or force number for your records.

If you need a chat about something my phone # is on the bottom of my signature, If I can't answer it one of the DC/Inspectors at work will be able to.

The reason why I joined up was to stop this kinda thing happening - I don't do much anti-crime stuff now for the past 2 years which is why I try and drum into people reporting crime which will help reduce it even if nothign seems to be getting done - I paint a bad picture but it's not the Police's fault, its the fact all forces now are run by budgets and pen pushers in the home office - NOT the guys on the streets.

Main part of my job is offering technical solutions to prevent / detect crime so if you're stuck on some sort of CCTV lark or you wanna protect your car, again it would be nice to use my training in the real world sometime like I used to. There ARE means and methods to get problems like this sorted no matter how un-clear they seem at the time.

1st thing I'd suggest you do is buy a PIR activated high beam security light...think carefully not to annoy the neighbours with it but it needs to be situated well enough to illuminate and glare out people you don't want on your patch....you can even get them to activate only in the depths of the night - also if people are kicking your door in talk to your neighbours about it and what you're doing (ie the security light) - on side neighbours are eyes x 20 and witnesses, if they think it might happen to them then they are going to be as vigilant.

Kimbers,

sorry to read about this. I had my car keyed last month and I know how frustrating it is (25 cars done in all). Your experience is worst and still think it's worth contacting the Police re the phone call.

I was going to suggest keeping a log myself - it's the standard advice we always issue.

What have they said they are going to do re: tracing the phone call?

If it's nothing, like I have said... call me and I'll tell you how to make them do something or sweat if they don't

Sorry to hear about your car Tony, I know how you feel I had two cars running that were damaged by some low life trying to lever out the door locks. I think the worst bit is knowing that your once pristine car which you've worked so hard for has been ruined in a matter of minutes and only seconds in some instances. I realise your problem runs a bit deeper than just the damage to the car and I hope they catch the slime balls that are bugging you, I suspect however that the limited brain capacity of these sort of individuals will probably see them move on to cause someone else grief in the near future and forget they even had some stupid grudge againsed you.

Anyway hope the re-spray goes well and it brings a smile to your face again :) . Good luck with sorting everything out and hope to see you at Stoneleigh

Bye

Martyn

Edited by martynv