free hit
counters
It's over now, goodbye! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

It's over now, goodbye!

It seems that my Lotus days are over :)

For this year :(

Forecast for next week is about -5 to -10celsius and small possibility of snow :D

Took the car out today. We made some last fixes, I have now spare cables for opening the engine bay (in case original brokes). Washed the car, checked fluids, put leather cream for interior.

Feel very sad now, it's like selling the car. Next time driving it would be some april 2007 :rolleyes:

Goodbye

autumn06.jpg

Photo taken today.

Jussi :(

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that my Lotus days are over :(

For this year :(

Forecast for next week is about -5 to -10celsius and small possibility of snow :D

Took the car out today. We made some last fixes, I have now spare cables for opening the engine bay (in case original brokes). Washed the car, checked fluids, put leather cream for interior.

Feel very sad now, it's like selling the car. Next time driving it would be some april 2007 :rolleyes:

Goodbye

autumn06.jpg

Photo taken today.

Happy Hibernation Jussu,

Stay on Forum and we look forward to you coming over next year if possible.

Mike :)

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Thanks Mat and Mike :)

Really looking forward next meeting :(

I guess it's time to hang around here a bit more then :D

Just show me some photos from your meetings, it might warm me up a bit, at the moment we have -5celsius here :rolleyes:

You rotten sod! :)

My heart sank there for a minute - I thought you had crashed or something!!! :D

Sorry for the hibernaiton but thank god THAT was what you meant! :rolleyes:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Jussi -- I always enjoy how clean your car always looks in photos, like this one. Beautiful!

Less time to drive means more time to . . . spend on the forum! :rolleyes:

(oh, and yes, you had me scared for a minute, too! :D)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Thought you were going to top yourself Jussi you silly bugger! :rolleyes:

Put the snow tyres on the Buick and wifes van this week. :)

100 kph winds and rain today. :(:(

No chance of driving the Esprit till next April (unless I want to do a Roger Moore) B) :D

car_01.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Don't do that, Jussi! Thought you had to sell the Esprit.

You need to migrate south for the winter.

What special things do you do to your car to get ir ready for its sleep?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

hmmm ^^^^^^^

Old Roge's car needs its exhaust adjusting! :D

:rolleyes:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Jussi

Dont do it.... :D

Just have it shipped to the UK and we can look after it for you over the winter. Any Volunteers ( We can work out a driving rota B) ).

Promise to only take it out on Dry Sunny Days............. :rolleyes:

Cliff :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

wwwoohhooo SNOWWWW!!!!!

im comin to finland then, snowboard in hand. i say roll on the snow in europe (especially 2nd week in jan on swiss/french border lol)

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Thanks guys for your help :rolleyes: I think my Lotus stays in Finland :(

My timing was absolutely perfect, or what you think about this photo (taken today) :D

autumn06_2.jpg

Trevor: no big arrangement for winter. Just washed the car, put some leather conditioner for leather. Empty all CD's etc. Put some more pressure on tyres, check all fluids are ok, taking the battery out and charging it couple of times during hibernation. And silent moment :( Called to incurance company that my car stays at garage on winter time. Tomorrow going to put cover on my car, so there's no dust all over it B)

Last saturday I changed winter tyres for Heli's car, mine still has summer tyres on (better borrow her car for tomorrow :) ). And yes winter sucks...and yes more time (hopefully) on forum :(

Edited by Jussi

i say roll on the snow in europe (especially 2nd week in jan on swiss/french border lol)

where you going Portes du Solei ?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

how did you guess howard, off to morzine /avoriaz (im thinking your a skier then)

^^^cant belive you have snow already, thats nuts, i suppose it can get annoying though, we just look at it as a gimmick over here really. if we had just that much on the ground the uk would stop lol

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

So you like snow, here's the photo taken today :) Same place...

It's a bad photo, there's heavy wind and snowstorm.

Actually there aren't so much snow because it's a pretty sheltered place (near house).

autumn06_3.jpg

We had today about 20-30cm. snow (that's 8-12inches) and more is coming. Still some idiots have summer tyres on their cars (including me :) ). Lot's of crashes even here in our town :(

So my Lotus hibernation-time was just perfect :)

WOW!!!!!!!!

you have proper seasons over there then, unlike the uk. i do remember when dec meant lots of snow, but as things in the world change we get snow (if any) in feb now.

i assume you ski/board then jussi

So you like snow, here's the photo taken today :( Same place...

It's a bad photo, there's heavy wind and snowstorm.

Actually there aren't so much snow because it's a pretty sheltered place (near house).

autumn06_3.jpg

We had today about 20-30cm. snow (that's 8-12inches) and more is coming. Still some idiots have summer tyres on their cars (including me :) ). Lot's of crashes even here in our town :(

So my Lotus hibernation-time was just perfect :)

Hi Jussi

It looks like winter also coming to Copenhargen this week !

So, I just swap to winter tyres yesterday :)

And finally I managed to upgrade Carb. to ECU (S4 type) this weekend, So I hope no more work done this season !

Y.Hotta

It seems that my Lotus days are over :o

For this year :o

Feel very sad now, it's like selling the car. Next time driving it would be some april 2007 :(

Goodbye

autumn06.jpg

Photo taken today.

Well, my car's been in garage since April. Tranny rebuild to a motor rebuild. I didn't get a chance to drive it for the most part of this year. It won't be drivable until February or March. This has been a painful hibernation for me. However, like everyone says.. Have something ot look forward to. Come on SPRING!!

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Yasuo do you have winter tyres on your Esprit :) ,nice photo, you can clearly see there's snow on your car hood B)

Nathan, spring comes quickly when hanging here on the forum :(

So what have I been doing last few days :) Shovelling snow and shovelling snow after work, actually I was shovelling snow even on tuesday night :(

Here are couple (bad photos cause all that snowstorm...):

autumn06_4.jpg

That's Heli's car, it was quite a job to drive it to home :( but it oversteers nicely :)

Our street on tuesday night:

autumn06_5.jpg

And here's today's photo from our backyard, right after I came from work:

autumn06_6.jpg

So if anyone likes about snow, welcome here's plenty of it :)

Hmm. does this mean I have to change winter tyres on my car now :)

Edited by Jussi

I dunno Jussi, I think I prefer your winter to ours. We just get miserable rain most of the time, when it does snow it rains shortly after and then freezes into black ice, Even wintertyres won't stop you crashing on that (I know I put my old Ford Sierra Cosworth in the ditch one winter about 12 years ago).

Your winter looks alot "cleaner" than ours. All that slush and rain, mixed with Sugar beet tractors and lorries makes for a muddy mess. I don't mind the snow so much.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)