free hit
counters
Fast and rough idle and code 22 - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fast and rough idle and code 22

Well at least it starts...

It runs up to about 2800 revs and slowly falls back to 2000, but isn't very smooth.  I don't have freescan/TECH 1, but after putting it into diagnostic mode I get a code 22.  I have replaced the TPS and on checking by digital voltmeter I get 5 volts on CKT49 SN and the manual says, but only 0.02 to 1.6 volts when I open the throttle on 32UK. Both the old and the new TPS give similar readings.

I also have a code 26, but I think that's because I haven't got the charcoal canister connected

Any thoughts much appreciated

Alan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alan.i have the same problem from cold.I have found that if I turn the engine over a couple of times from cold it's fine.Like you I don't have free scan.But I am going to book it in some time soon.Good luck.i don't have any fault codes showing....Mike se turbo

I also have a code 26, but I think that's because I haven't got the charcoal canister connected

The ECM wouldn't know about the charcoal canister so that won't be the cause of a code 26 which restricts boost to .65 bar.

One of the causes of a code 26 is the check engine light bulb blown, does the light come on when you first turn on the ignition?

You really need to get Freescan or Espritmon to read & reset the codes, also a list of codes from the manual, without them you're just pissing into the wind. :-)

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk