free hit
counters
Essex at Silverstone - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Essex at Silverstone

Bazza 907

A few weeks ago I had a call from Bibs asking if I could take the Essex to Silverstone as Sky Sports F1 team wanted to do some filming to mark the 50 years of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. The idea was to have 5 british road going sportscars one each representing the decades from the 1950's with the cars being filmed being driven round the track by Johnny Herbert or Damon Hill.

The cars were a '50's MG TD, a 60's E Type Jag, a 70's Aston Martin Vantage, an 80's Esprit, a 90's TVR Cerbera. Oh and a brand new Mclaren 650S showing the state of the art in 2014. 

The filming took place last week and should be shown on Sky Sports F1 coverage just ahead of the start of the British Grand Prix.

It was a great day and Johnny said he really enjoyed getting behind the wheel of a Lotus again. His passenger was John Watson. I took a few photos.

post-196-0-04124900-1403731595.jpg

post-196-0-00981500-1403731649.jpg

post-196-0-21974200-1403731667.jpg

post-196-0-47986800-1403731685.jpg

post-196-0-99710500-1403731730.jpg

post-196-0-82397700-1403731756.jpg

post-196-0-44135400-1403731790.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looking good. You are getting quite a list of famous people who have been in your car now Bazza. Did Jackie Stewart have a sit?

(and was Sharon Osborne there with her husband ;) )

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Ian

No Jackie was driven round by Damon in the Aston. It's Johnny Herbert doing his 1960's groovy thing for driving the Jag   

Thanks for all the comments. Hopefully it's good PR for all our cars.  

I thought that might be you Barrie in the psychedelic shirt!

There are a coupe of pics there which would be good for a caption competition.

I love your car and am pleased you get to such great things with it.

:)

It's getting there......

Nice one

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

The only thing we still need now on the other side of the channel is Sky Sports... ;)

I hope somebody will put it on youtube...

Excellent company you had there in Silverstone! I can't deny being jealous... :)

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Saw the clip (I can't really call it a feature as they showed so little of the car sadly......) last night and it looked terrific on screen - I just love theses early cars and can't wait to realise my dream with one of my own, which is getting nearer and nearer as it goes for it's MOT next week apparently!

Well done Barry getting yours onto the TV - you must be very very proud!

I didn't see it but it's on again before the race today and perhaps they have a longer version as the program has a longer running time?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just watched the piece on Sky. It was awesome Barry. Your car looked magnificent in full HD. As did that Aston Vantage. Recorded for posterity. Obviously its edited for the programme but do you get the full recording on DVD perhaps?

And to have a Silverstone GP winner driving your own car, wow. Nice one.