free hit
counters
Pop then no go - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Well car has been driving ace. Just dropped someone off go gor a quick get away loud pop. No speed. No oil anywhere car starts but wont idle.

Any ideas. Cant see any leaks or drips. There was a burning smell but thats gone. Fuel pump pumps cant see anypipes off

Any ideas

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Air box looks fine all hoses attached maybe collapsed hose to turbo? Vac issue? Unless fuel pump gone but thats only a couple ofyears old and it energises. Will get it traillered tomorrow morning and take the boot floor out so i can get some access

If it went bang first..that might indicate a forcefull outburst..so could the exhaust have blown its packing/baffles causing a big restriction somehow? As mentioned earlier..check the inlet tract..I wpuldnt keep trying to start it though until the cause is found. Suspect turbo blown shearing the mainshaft..they go with a bang and a puff of smoke..although not always preventing the engine idling..youd need to remove the hose either side and turn the wheel by hand and see if the other side spins as well..

Cool. Will have an hour on it tomorrow to see if i can find anything. Exhaust not very old so i would be supprised if the internals have blown but will see what the aa guy thinks. Then get stripping.

All the best

Check the crankshaft sensor on the gearbox?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Well got to the car tried to start it and it only turnned over no fire. Phoned recovery. Brain starts ticking, open boot and press the fuel cut off swich. Car starts took car a short drive. Phone recovery and cancel. Derek aka sailorbob arrives car started and fuel cut off tapped car stops. Press fuel cut off switch and car starts. Drive car home.

Very cheap fix . Will order new fuel cut switch tomorrow.

All the best

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

mine tends to make a pop 2or so seconds after i switch the ignition off. So could be something to do with a sudden cut off of fuel

hindsight: the science that is never wrong