free hit
counters
Corsa vs Trofeo - Page 3 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Most cars ground there with sufficient effort! It's the only thing that's prevented me from taking my car to Brands but as long as it's only the plastic chin spoiler it's no big deal. Must do the GP track this year at some point. Still my favourite UK track.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For sure .... my next set of tires (once break-in is over ) .... 

Thanks, great idea.     I was only going run the slicks on the right side of the car .... thought it would help with all the Ovals we use our Loti for here in the Colonies.   Us Yanks need all the

Finally got to take some pictures of the LF1 tyres. Here are the front and rear, both Trofeo R with 5k miles and 4 track days (Bedford GT, Nurburgring, Spa and Le Mans Bugatti - Spa was wet for about

Posted Images

DK7,

I would put the Trofeos at around 5% or less better on track than the Corsa's however I have not tried both tyres on the same track unfortunately. With the standard geometry as set by the factory (I haven't had that independently checked) the car is fantastic on track with the Trofeos but in my view they do not feel at home on the road with the steering tugging at camber changes like it is running a little too much camber but this doesn't happene with the smoother Tarmac on track. In this respect the Corsas are so much better and the road drive both quieter and more relaxed/enjoyable but still the exciting car it has always been. It feels like the side walls on the Trofeos are softer perhaps and as I've said before I am concerned that the carcass of the Trofeo is not up to the rigours of British roads and puncture a little too easily. I have only tried the Corsa's at Silverstone and they were excellent in the wintry conditions of early December with the exception of the hairpin (don't think it's a 100% hairpin but it's close) where the front understeered a little, struggling for grip. I think the Trofeos may have been better at that point. Would I fit another set of Trofeos to my Cup? Not unless I spent far more time on track than the 4/5 track days I do a year. For thoses interested I paid £774.00 from memory for a full set of Corsas, Lotus spec of course and was quoted £2136.00 I think from Lotus for the same tyre.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Interesting to see what is the geo of a cup or cupR.

Lotus recommended geo specs for CupR:

Camber:   Front: -2.1;  Rear:  -2.25 degrees

Toe:  Front:  .5mm out per side;  Rear: 1.5mm toe-in per side

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Lotus recommended geo specs for CupR:

Camber:   Front: -2.1;  Rear:  -2.25 degrees

Toe:  Front:  .5mm out per side;  Rear: 1.5mm toe-in per side

According to the supplementary manual the regular, road-legal V6 Cup is quite different.

Front: Camber -0.4, Caster +2.8, toe out (per wheel) -0.03

Rear: Camber -1.9, toe in (per wheel) +0.3

that's for a load condition of two 75kg occupants and a full tank of fuel, tyres at 2.2bar front and 2.6 bar rear.

CupR set up looks a lot more aggressive and no doubt shows a total disregard for tyre wear!

Does anyone know the recommended tyre pressure for track use on a cup with Trofeos? Not the pressure for going road legal.

I could imagine, that the way to decrease the typre pressure down to 2,2 on the rear could be the wrong way.

I could imagine, that the way to decrease the typre pressure down to 2,2 on the rear could be the wrong way.

Lotus recommends 32 and 38 HOT front and rear, respectively, for the CupR. I think the recommended rear HOT pressures are too high, but what do I know?  Lotus handling gurus should be the experts here.

Full specs below:

post-7947-0-60619100-1420383230.png

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

I would say that sounds too high as well, those are the recommended pressures for road use. Legal reasons perhaps?

I believe it is 30psi all round (hot) and that's what I've been running without issue and have even tyre wear. I may try a little lower, maybe 28psi in the front next time out if it's a tight circuit.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

I would say that sounds too high as well, those are the recommended pressures for road use. Legal reasons perhaps?

Jonny, I believe 32/38 (f/r) is the cold pressure recommendation for street use,  no?

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Spot on Trevor.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/68930-exige-s-dealing-with-understeer/

Also, it's worth noting you'll be looking for a hot tyre pressure (after 5 laps) of 30psi.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Interesting. Pirelli claim the Trofeo R can last up to 80% longer and is already available in larger sizes. If some Exige owners claim to get through a pair of rears in a single track day, you can imagine how long they last on a big, fat porker! Hence, the Trofeo R.