free hit
counters
Fuel Lines - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
G_Reaper

Fuel Lines

Can anyone advise where is the best place to buy braided fuel lines for an S2 Esprit?

Cheers Mike

"I am actively looking for an S3 Esprit project car anything considered"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I guess it depends what you want to do. If you want them swaged onto the original fittings, then someone like PNM can do this for you. Be sure to say if you want the inline arrangement or the 'Y' arrangement to each carb. You might have wait a while for them to do this though. Given that you would have to send them your banjos, your car will be out of action for a bit.

An expensive alternative are the pink/blue alloy fittings you can do yourself. Lots of places sell them for lots of money! Cant tell you where is best.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

SJ do them ready made. I have them on my car.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks  guys.

Pete the S J fuel lines how far do they go? Do they go back to the pump?

Cheers Mike

"I am actively looking for an S3 Esprit project car anything considered"

Depends where you are,, but these guys made me up a set while I waited. Worth a call...

http://www.thinkauto.com/

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Hi Mike,

They just drop down below the air filter to the chassis tube where it connects to the fuel filter which then goes into the metal pipe that goes around the bulkhead towards the fuel pump.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

I have two SJ fuel lines on my car too - one is the line that goes from one tank to the other with a T piece which goes to the fuel pump

The other line they do for the carbs goes from the fuel filter and runs in up to the the rear of the engine, and fouls on the engine cover due to the indentation for the tool kit.  I have seen Pete's and his runs in a different way to mine.  I am going to get mine changed so it runs like his does.  It would be OK on an S3 which has a squarer engine cover.

There is nothing to stop you going to a local hose company with the measurements and getting one made up, its quite a simple item but I wanted it in and out in a day.

Edited by Nelly9000

Here's my setup

IMGP1751.jpg

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Was discussing the fuel line setup with DaveyT last night.

Did I read somewhere that the 'Y' setup as above delivers fuel better that the inline setup? Logic being that with the latter, the front carb could 'steal' the fuel from the back, or are the pressures so closes as to not make a difference?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

WIth the Turbo, both carbs feed from the gearbox end of the engine...each has it's own line from the pressure regulator, so one is longer than the other. Never seemed to make any difference.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Was discussing the fuel line setup with DaveyT last night.

Did I read somewhere that the 'Y' setup as above delivers fuel better that the inline setup? Logic being that with the latter, the front carb could 'steal' the fuel from the back, or are the pressures so closes as to not make a difference?

With direct injection it could make a difference but with carbs as long as the float chambers are full no issue. 

I need new fuel lines for my car but I think I'd have to have those blue and pink fittings reanodized in silver!!

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire