free hit
counters
Lotus bolster Sales & Marketing team in Hethel - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus bolster Sales & Marketing team in Hethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Should be working fine now Mark, not sure why it went wrong. 

You can always access this news through the TLF homepage, click "Lotus News' at the left of the top menu on the forums.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I hope the new marketing chief sees the need for showing the breed at the racetrack on the world stage. The Evora needs to go back to the track! I also hope they'll have some even bigger news comes Paris autoshow.

Edited by NedaSay

Great shot of the factory and test track!

I wish the new team every success.

I hope they're willing to be brave and bold with their advertising. Bahar lost the plot big style but the bland mediocrity that followed was even worse.

Buying a sports car is a glorious act of madness. A rare victory for the heart over the head. You simply can't bore someone into doing it.

Nicely put.

I hope the new marketing chief sees the need for showing the breed at the racetrack on the world stage. The Evora needs to go back to the track! I also hope they'll have some even bigger news comes Paris autoshow.

Are they at Paris? I thought the plan was Geneva next year.

• 1 month later...

After all this time Ronin, you can safely assume they either don't care about you, don't like you or more likely, don't think your rocket ship will help them sell their cars.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

How will that help them sell cars? Does the Hennessey Venom help? 

As I've said before mate, your car is a work of art and engineering, but it's nothing to do with Lotus' current, or to be fair, past product range. 

Evora NA

I remember a Brand awareness thread a while back and all the talk about monies wasted on a Lotus F1 car that was not built by Lotus and I can't remember the last F1 car sold by Lotus...

For the cost of some vinyl decal they would have millions of eyes on the Lotus brand....

Porsche love this guy Magnus Walker and use him for their marketing..... seriously 

post-8085-0-95805700-1408380287.jpg

Yet Lotus marketing will sue a person for using the Lotus logo on a tee shirt.

So who is doing a proper job at marketing their cars....

How will that help them sell cars? Does the Hennessey Venom help? 

As I've said before mate, your car is a work of art and engineering, but it's nothing to do with Lotus' current, or to be fair, past product range. 

Hennessey flat out denies his car is a Lotus, I don't...

As for past product range Lotus use to make a car called the 211, Elise and turbo Europa.. I kinda thought the car was a mix of all modern Lotus DNA in a nice little package.

• Like 1

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Lotus don't pay for the F1 presence, it's a FoC deal right now and to be fair, any company will sue someone for copyright infringement, that's normal business practice (certainly in the UK). Lotus do however make good money on all the F1 merchandise sales which are licensed to Lotus Cars, not Lotus F1 Team. 

I guess you're not saying you think your car is a better ad medium that F1 though, are you?

PS Just googling Magnus Walker, will have a read up about him :)

Evora NA

I'm saying any guy that improves the breed and shares his Lotus via the internet is a far better marketing strategy for brand awareness then a failed F1 team..... Lotus F1 and known as losers even if it's just decals.

I'm just trying to understand the failed marketing concepts of Lotus and the lack of brand awareness in the general public.

70% of the time I gas up young people will ask me "who makes Lotus ?"

I'm just trying to understand the failed marketing concepts of Lotus and the lack of brand awareness in the general public.

70% of the time I gas up young people will ask me "who makes Lotus ?"

Your (now very old) car conversion shows that you don't and never will understand Lotus. 

Your (now very old) car conversion shows that you don't and never will understand Lotus. 

^^^^ and that's why they are a failing auto manufacture... Maybe if they knew how to market or even produce a car for the world's largest buyer of Lotus cars they wouldn't be constantly on the verge of going under....

I guess after owning 5 Lotus cars I will never understand Lotus... Dude bug off

If I worked at Lotus I'd definitely send Frank a few stickers, no question that his mad car will and has helped raise brand awareness to a younger youtube audience. These things are always hard to quantify but I'd be sure Lotus would get more than the cost of a few stickers out of it.

However, missing out on that opportunity doesn't make them failures or losers or anything else. Just because they aren't ringing you up Frank doesn't mean they deserve to be slated and calling the F1 team losers (who won two races last year!) makes you sound a bit bitter. We have quite a few interesting Elise based projects over here too. We have an S1 Elise time attack car that's doing some very fast times. I shared some track time with a 600bhp Exige S1 just a few weeks ago. All self build stuff by talented people to a very high standard. Lotus don't hand out free stickers to them either, heck Adrian Newey himself had an Exige race car too he diid plenty of work on that car too!

For whatever reason Lotus aren't prioritising this in their current marketing plans. Frankly they don't have a current marketing plan but I'm sure one is being worked on as we speak. I guess they don't have the time and money to get behind these projects just now, and there are a lot going on. The Exige is a great starting point for a mad car and to some degree they are promoting Lotus with or without free stickers. I'd love to see Lotus get behind this stuff, perhaps they will one day but throwing a tantrum about it isn't a good way to encourage a relationship with the factory.

• Like 2

Jonny said it will. Frank has done a lot for Lotus  brand awareness over the past years. In the same time frame Lotus marketing did not, in fact they didn't even leverage the F1 successes. 

However this thread is about changes Lotus has made in the last few months. They now have a solid marketing team in place that gives us hope. They have a challenge ahead of them, but they deserve to be given a chance. 

Now, who will tell them to give Frank his Decal? 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!