free hit
counters
Lotus bolster Sales & Marketing team in Hethel - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus bolster Sales & Marketing team in Hethel

Not cool Frank. It would be nice to see if you're man enough to apologize.

Your car is awesome but it's posts like that which would make Lotus want to steer clear of you.

Plenty of other very cool projects they could get behind.

For example:

20130424_113637_zps667fcce7.jpg

_MG_6921_zps1f5da083.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't think  a sticker on Frank's bondo special will alleviate any concerns the board have about refinancing historical debt. 

Sales are very strong, by the way. And it's sales is what this thread is about.  

Apologize to this crap.. you gotta be kidding ?

Not cool Frank. It would be nice to see if you're man enough to apologize.

Your car is awesome but it's posts like that which would make Lotus want to steer clear of you.

Plenty of other very cool projects they could get behind.

For example:

20130424_113637_zps667fcce7.jpg

_MG_6921_zps1f5da083.jpg

Yeah and where do you think Jammie and Scuffie got the idea and who's brain are they picking on www.Lotussport.org ?

Honestly I can't see any benefit to being a member here since all the ideas and brand awareness are on other forums... Brought to you by guys that actually do something with their cars...

I think it's fast enough…maybe

No-one's forcing you to come here Frank but we try and treat each other with a little respect, which is what most seem to like about it. Maybe you prefer forums where grown men can act like ten year olds? Plenty of those around. Save the big, tough swearwords for them.

Seriously though, there are more Lotus factory people on here than anywhere else and you wonder why the phone doesn't ring?

Seriously what's with you moderators, you toss out shit like calling my hand made carbon fiber car a "bond special" and think it's ok but when a proper response is given......oh no he insulted a moderator with adult language..

This Advantage guy likes bating me and I give him the response he deserves. This would never happen face to face because chumps never have the stones to man up...

I can see from the way Lotus markets their cars that this would be the forum for them.... zero innovation or motivation just people muddling along as if the younger automotive enthusiast will know who the hell makes Lotus....

I couldn't give a crap about a free decal but if Lotus Marketing do read this they should all look for employment in sanitation because their marketing is pure garbage....

I took a look at the groupLotus You Tube page and the view counts are a joke, especially their F1 content videos...

You can live in the past only so long.... Don't hate the messenger 

• Like 1

Act like a respectful adult or don't come back. Again, this isn't something we'll discuss, this is the final post about your behaviour in this thread, any more posts about it will be deleted and you'll be banned from posting. 

Back on topic please and Frank, try and talk about something other than 'me, me, me', you're really not the answer to Lotus' problems I'm afraid. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Act like a respectful adult or don't come back. Again, this isn't something we'll discuss, this is the final post about your behaviour in this thread, any more posts about it will be deleted and you'll be banned from posting. 

Back on topic please and Frank, try and talk about something other than 'me, me, me', you're really not the answer to Lotus' problems I'm afraid. 

No where did I ever say anything about me, me, me other than it would be a good idea for Lotus to put their decal on a Lotus that get's more younger enthusiast views than any other marketing outlet they have done to date... or maybe they are better off with the Swizzel stick...

There is not an ounce of bondo on my carbon fiber body... :harhar:

You know that the Swizz Beats bull is well in the past, you're 3 years out of date.

I've spent quite some time with the new Sales and Marketing Director recently, do you know his background, even his name? He's very dynamic, very well experienced and full of ideas and receptive to those of others. To dismiss their current efforts without knowledge of the facts isn't reasonable.

And, as you know, your wonderful and popular youtube videos never sold Lotus one car... 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You know that the Swizz Beats bull is well in the past, you're 3 years out of date.

I've spent quite some time with the new Sales and Marketing Director recently, do you know his background, even his name? He's very dynamic, very well experienced and full of ideas and receptive to those of others. To dismiss their current efforts without knowledge of the facts isn't reasonable.

And, as you know, your wonderful and popular youtube videos never sold Lotus one car... 

Come on Bibs, you know this for a fact ?  

Honestly millions of people have seen my Lotus videos and you really think no one has been even slightly swayed into looking at the brand after seeing what a true enthusiasts car can become if real performance is your goal..

That's the thought process that brought Danny and Swizzie to the headlines of Lotus failure. They forgot the true car guy and marketed to the poser a car that didn't exist.

Yeah it's been a few years but the damage remains still.

As for marketing efforts I haven't seen any at all in the US or anywhere else that has caught my eye.. True I don't know the marketing director's name but I'd bet he knows mine... :smoke:

So tell me what's the next Lotus I'll be buying at my local Lotus dealership, you know the one that doesn't even have a Lotus sign hanging outside...?

post-8085-0-33820500-1408400951.jpg

post-8085-0-64689400-1408400966.jpg

post-8085-0-72636900-1408400988.jpg

Galpin DOES have a sign where you park to go into the show room.  It isn't BIG but can be seen by people coming in.....

I don't get what all the noise is about. As far as Hicom is concerned they seem to take conservative steps to  re-create a company that is on solid footing.  They act like bean counters at times but they were the ones that had the Money to buy Lotus while the Maverick's have put the company in disarray.  

I will only buy a new Lotus when all the little gremlins are worked out of their build quality and they make an honest to goodness bad ass motor. 

post-9415-0-27440700-1408415283.png

Edited by Bentzion

If the only thing constant is change, then why do we resist change the most?

Sigh.

A topic I will not be reading anymore about, a shame cos I was interested in the title.

There must be a setting to view only technical posts.

Iain :(

Iain,

Click on your username at the top of the page, click on Manage Ignore preferences, add username you wish to ignore.

Won't fix everything, but it may help.

Back on topic, this is about the Sales & Marketing Team that Lotus are putting in place for the future. This is not about the Sales & Marketing team that was. (or wasn't)

The people in this group, from the report in Bibs first post, have a long rapport with Lotus so I hope this moves them ahead.

As for what they are doing with regard to getting cars back into other countries, that is not the intent of this thread.

Be honest, Lotus was broken for a bit. You don't just wave a magic wand and fix all that.

We need to be patient for a bit longer and see what happens. If they were going to fold, it would have happened by now based on the past history.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Just as an FYI, Ronin, you're banned I'm afraid. You can't call anyone a 'f** c**' and expect to be allowed to carry on posting on the site, it's not what we want or need on here, it's not acceptable under any circumstances.

As you were folks :)

• Like 1

Evora NA

I must agree that Lotus, for many years had no real marketing in the USA. Dany Blowhard actually cancelled the marketing budget to spend it on just one of his Hollywood parties.

However, the current team know what they have to do, but they are intelligent and are not spending money they don't have.

I've always said the best advertising Lotus have is the enthusiasts (bar a few who probably aren't such a good advert!).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Evora NA

Maybe all these appointments have something to do with this http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/19/lotus-elise-r-nurburgring-spy-shots/

Anyone fancy a new extreme Elise for Xmas? it appears this one is getting ready to give the Alfa 4C a good old spanking. And it really does look the part of the dominatrix in mat red.

Good to see staff getting deployed or redeployed, Lotus is getting the tools to sell a lot more cars which is a good thing.

New editions are great but is like to see a more fundamental redesign or new model. All in good time I suspect.

It's looking hopeful, roll on Geneva. :smoke:

In the meantime that's a serious Elise!  :unworthy:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

JMG is doing it right, because what Lotus needs most of all is a dealer network to sell the cars they build. Refocusing on the European core market is essential, because this is where reputation and brand awareness is built. You can try to sell as many cars in the Middle East as you wish, but, while these markets have the money, they only buy cars that have prestige and reputation in Europe.

The worst thing that can happen to some Arabian shah is that his table neighbor in St. Moritz asks him "what is that" when he tells about his stable of Lotus cars. :help:

Sure, new models need to come, but having a dealer network to sell them is something Lotus has neglected all too long.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

To be fair, the dealership in UAE is the world top sales outlet for the Evora right now...

Evora NA

No mate, just another enthusiast with some very good contacts :)

• Like 1

Evora NA