free hit
counters
Just got Freescan and need some help - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Just got Freescan and need some help

Hello,

My laptop seems to be able to talk to the ECM now and I can see info when connected to the car.  I get the TPS going from 0 to 7 max at full throttle (with engine not started).  I have changed the TPS with no effect.  IAC says 170

When I start it, it runs right up to 3000 revs and stays there for quite some time.., then slows a little and gets lump. Code 22 recorded.  I think I've attached my first log attempt, but apologies if it doesn't work....

I f anyone is willing to tell me what it means, I would be very grateful....I suspect it means bust ECM....?

freescan log2.txt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis,

I selected the 'Start' button on the CSV logging part of the menu, it took me to explorer to create a file and that's what ended up in the file

...or maybe I need to tell it to create a csv file somehow??

Thanks for your help

Alan

What you posted above was a COMS text file.

If you hit [sTART] to log the file to .CSV, then it would have been a CSV. with engine data rather than COMS data.

Make sure you hit [force data] --> interact

You select [start] before you want to begin logging the data, type a file name, and then it logs the data after that point, BTW.  You don't hit start afterward, there is no buffer of previous data.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I have had another go.  Attached (I hope) is a short data log that may make some sense to you.  I didn't want to run it for too long as starting it and watching it run straight up to 3000 revs makes me feel cruel.  I notice that before I even start the engine the rpm reading shows 3096.  Or does that mean something else?

Many  thanks for any help

freescan1.csv

Well that does look weird.

Your TPS voltage is low, hence the CODE 22.  If this is with the new TPS, then are you sure you have the correct part #?  or it may be the wiring.

Your O2 signal looks weird too, but hard to tell, since the sample was so short.

So I would check the TPS wiring, and check it in freescan with the engine off, see what the min and max voltage are.

The engine should not rev to 3000 rpm right off the bat.  You may have an air leak in the manifold, or a stuck throttle jack.  disconnect the throttle jack linkage if it is still in place, especially if you have removed the EBP valve from below the catalytic converter.

Your battery volts are pretty low for 3000rpm...

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Travis,

No throttle jack or EBPV fitted, the previous owner must have removed.  I have tried both TPS's and get the same result with them on the car, but each time I start it,it behaves differently.  Now it starts and looks like its trying to go full bore, until I lose my bottle and turn it off.

I have checked the voltages in and out of the ECU with the TPS on the car. I get low voltage; basically zero to about 1.5 v max.at full throttle.  Adjusting the cable doesn't help.  However, if I take the TPS off the car (still connected to plug) and use a screwdriver on it. I can get full voltage range from zero through to 5volts.......?????.  With the same approach, I can see a throttle range up to 90% on freescan with engine off.  So, the TPS doesn't work when connected to the car, but does when not....?  A couple of possibilities are running through my tired brain.  First could I be missing a piece off the end of the throttle shaft?  What I can see is a small rectangular bar sticking out of the end of the throttle housing. The picture in the parts manual implies a t shaped end??  Secondly, maybe the previous owner has somehow misassembled the throttles.  Do you have any photos of the end of the throttle shaft with the TPS removed, so I can see what the end should look like and what angular position it should be at when at rest.

Puzzling...

Any help appreciated...

Regards

ALan

Interesting...  Sounds like the TPS is not engaging with the throttle axle, as you said. 

Can you post a photo of the rectangular bar in the manifold?

It is possible that your high idle is due to mis-adjusted throttles or the IAC.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Travis, second attempt.  For some reason I can't copy the links on to the forum page from photobucket or image shack, so here goes.  I have click on the link below to test that the image is there , so I hope it makes it....

http://imageshack.com/i/ns5jpzj

5jpz.jpg

http://imageshack.com/i/nfw2413j

I'll take a look at mine later, after some coffee;)

But it looks like your manifold has been painted, which means that some throttle setting change or flow balance effect "could" have happened...

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Yep, it's definitely been dismantled at some point for the powder coating... in the meantime I have made up a little clamp so that I can  mounts the TPS approx. 40 degrees clockwise and I can get 0.5v at throttle close and 3.9 WOT.  It idles much slower now but still rough as I now have a code 26.....what fun...

Many thanks