free hit
counters
Anyone own a Stevens Esprit and an S2 Elise? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anyone own a Stevens Esprit and an S2 Elise?

markw996

I'm looking for something to replace my Porsche 944 which was my summer daily driver for a 10 mile commute to work. I'm wondering if it would be possible to drive an S2 Elise with steel toecap boots on as I used to in the Porsche, but know would be impossible in my Esprit which requires me to wear Karting shoes so I don't stamp down 2 pedals at once.

Strange question perhaps, but I want to be able to jump in it and go, not mess around changing shoes in the company carpark like I have to on the odd occasion that I take my Esprit to work.

So my question: What is the pedal spacing like in the S2 Elise compared to my S4 Esprit?

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a couple of people who commute decent distances into London in Excels... :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I have size 11 feet and have to be choosy on what I drive my S2 Elise with.  I have safety boots and couldn't drive the car in those.

That said, the boot is big enough for boots so you can change your footwear on arrival.  I have often take my timberlands with me and changed in/out of them for the drive there and back.

Edited by Nelly9000

I really fancy one of them :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Now I'm the wrong side of 40 I think I might have to (almost) give in to normal society and get something semi-sensible like an Audi TT 3.2 DSG  :huh:

At least I'll still have my S4 for the weekends :clap:

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D