free hit
counters
My Esprit V8 project - Page 14 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My Esprit V8 project

Looks awesome Rob ,

You could always get rid of the bit of fiberglass just below the tailgate strut,  It would give a much better open appearance in the bay when it is open, but also when the engine is back in,  you will be able to see it better through the quarter glass imo.

A lot of thick fibreglass in those wheel arches,  would be nice to see what weight your esprit will be after its weight loss program as the Esprit lightweight,  always wanted to get my silver one on a weight bridge to what figure it came up with. 

Look forward to the progress,   it will make fabing up custom engine and trans mounts a lot easier for you.

A

• 11 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just saw this video posted on the utoob. I imagine its the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P3QXcWVYgk&ab_channel=Gary%27sbikeChannel

I have wanted to do this to mine, but trying to figure out a method to stop any squeaking and chassis movement.

• Haha 1

Yes on its way to a new home in Wales.

Unfortunately for me my health has gone to shit. I have been diagnosed with cancer and will never be able to finish the car. This could be my last Christmas and I am totally heartbroken at having to let the Esprit go.

I did not want to leave it to my family to deal with selling the car after I’m gone.

I wish Ian all the best with finishing the Esprit it’s a big project and I believe he’s going to get it done. Thanks Guys for all the good and bad times.

Rob

Hello, Rob,

this is the worst news, always enjoyed your updates.

I like it when people do not  use the paved roads..

We wish you all the strength you need

Hi Rob

so very sad to hear your news. Let’s hope it proves to be incorrect.

Ive admired your “how hard can it be?” approach to your projects and the superb engineering you brought to bear on all tasks!

With very best wishes from us in Southampton.

Paul G

• 5 months later...
On 13/10/2020 at 23:47, V8-ESPRITS3 said:

Yes on its way to a new home in Wales.

Unfortunately for me my health has gone to shit. I have been diagnosed with cancer and will never be able to finish the car. This could be my last Christmas and I am totally heartbroken at having to let the Esprit go.

I did not want to leave it to my family to deal with selling the car after I’m gone.

I wish Ian all the best with finishing the Esprit it’s a big project and I believe he’s going to get it done. Thanks Guys for all the good and bad times.

Rob

This sucks. Literally just found out about your car, and was feverishly reading up about it then bam - this. Hope you ride that storm out.