free hit
counters
The story of Little Red Riding Hood - Page 15 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The story of Little Red Riding Hood

Will be on the back the of the alternator usually the end the regulator is fitted to.  It will normally be held in by two small bolts.   Basically the alternator contains the out core of copper windings, and has the rotor in the middle,  the rotor has windings also, so when this turns inside an electro magnetic force is made, which generates current.  at the end of the rotor are normally 2 copper faced bushes/contacts.  These are what the brushes are pushes down onto under the pressure of little springs, the brushes carry the current and then the regulator obviously regulates the current so as not to cook the battery !     On the end of the brushes is a little metal mesh looking wire these can become damaged also which is another thing to look for. :)

• Like 1

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Spent a few hours trying to clean up and prepare the inner stars of the Futura's. Some of that old brake dust can be really really ahrd to get off. Toilet cleaner helps the process. Then a strong household cleaner. Then some window cleaner.

Again one notices the number "2" on this part. All parts are numbered per factory, so easy to reassemble again.

They came out like this:

Kind regards,

Jacques

futura inner stars cleaned.JPG

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

And the final cleaning:

Went from the first two pics (remember that the rears have a bolt on spacer in steel from factory, which goes pretty rusty), to this:

So ready to be machined to fit the SE front hubs.

More later.

Kind regards,

Jacques ;)

futura last dirt 1.JPG

futura last dirt 2.JPG

futura last dirt 3.JPG

I have started up with an instrumentation project, which should enable me to see the main gauges clearer, without the steering Wheel in the way.

So, today these two gauges landed on my desk.

Kind regards,

Jacques ;)

gauges project.JPG

• Like 1

All Right. Little Red Riding Hood is on the move Again. Since changing the Voltage regulator didn't produce enough positive result, namely charging the battery, I took off the voltage regulator again and then took off the green plastic brush holder. Oh well, the black goo from the melted original voltage regulator had seeped into the alternator through the green brush holder and through the brushes and further into and around the two slip rings.

A lot of cotton swaps and some brake cleaner did the job. To facilitate it better, I unsoldered the two brushes, and ran some cotton swaps with brake cleaner through the plastic holder as well. I set the car in second gear and pushed it ever so slightly a little, cleaned the slip rolls, pushed it again and so on.

Took a long drive this evening and all is well.

Little Red Riding Hood is well pleased.

And it costed a tenner for the voltage regulator. Cannot argue with that.

A tip would be to do a preventative look onto the vr to see, if it is starting to melt. On the Pictures below, I already cleaned most of the Black sticky stuff off of the parts affected. Even if this happens on a holliday trip abroad, it's easy to service and do.

Kind regards,

Jacques ;)

IMG_6860.JPG

IMG_6861.JPG

IMG_6862.JPG

IMG_6863.JPG

IMG_6864.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks Dan. Actually it amazes me, that there are so much talk out there on the web that Lotus are fragile and bad made cars. They are really performing well, and well made. While things may sometimes be somewhat demanding to reach, it's not difficult to work on these cars, so far. More so, when compared to many other sportscars. I think 27 years for an alternator's voltage regulator is fine. And easily repaired or changed. Remember the V8 Esprit in Patagonia?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
50 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Actually it amazes me, that there are so much talk out there on the web that Lotus are fragile and bad made cars. They are really performing well, and well made.

Part of the problem Jacques is that for some reason, many Lotus owners feel a real deep need to slag off the cars/brand in public where as other "entusiasts of other brands" tend to be a little, er, not sure if it is respectful or circumspect! ;)

Two posts this morning - one a Lotus owner bemoaning how Lotus power figures are fake as he went out in a 311 and it "felt" less than quoted, the other, mentioning a Mercedes SL owner who had just had a big bill saying quietly something like "yeah, get a good one and they're great, get a Friday afternoon one and all problems and cost".  

We all know the history of Lotus and when you look at the scant amount of money they have had for all these years, my view, it is bloody amazing what they have done in terms of road cars and race cars.

The usual "Lots of trouble...." whitty (not) moniker has done them no favours as it has become a "fact" through folklore.  Ferrari, Mercedes, Porsche, Alfa, Maserati - all great motoring brands and all brands that have produced some shocking cars in terms of rust, reliability, breakdowns etc. They have all had lengthy periods were quality was a huge issue. So why is always Lotus that kicked into touch?

My NA Evora has been rock solid reliable. Hell, even the bastard child that is my VX220 has been rock solid reliability wise.

I'm not saying we paper over any cracks and ignore that problems have existed. But whether a classic Esprit, Elan or Elite, or a more modern Elise, Exige or Evora, just remind who is producing cars at a comparative price (to buy and run - I mean really run, not to have it sit in a garage being looked at) for the same money?  Add to that fact the percentage of Lotus cars that are actually driven on track/hard, versus a quick jaunt to the tennis/golf club and I do believe there is a heritage and product that we should all be proud of.

Rant over. Sun is out so off for a drive on gods own roads in my VX220 with no roof ('cos I cannot get into it with the roof on!  :dizzy: )

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Being reasonably new to Lotus I bought a service manual off a well known Lotus centre about a year ago. The bodywork section consisted of a single page so I contacted the centre who said "Oh that's how we got it from the manufacturer - typical Lotus". They sent me the rest of the section without a problem but I was surprised about that derogatory phrase from a company that makes their money from Lotus Cars. I've come to read the phrase "typical Lotus" a lot online which I think is a bit of a shame. I'm now fortunate enough to own 2 Turbo Esprit's which I think are truly fantastic cars. When I find a problem I try and enjoy solving it (with the help from this forum) because the cars are entitled to have problems from previous owners doing who knows what in the way of maintenance and the fact they are about 35 years old. I don't think "Oh cr#p, typical Lotus". 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Steve4012 said:

Being reasonably new to Lotus I bought a service manual off a well known Lotus centre about a year ago. The bodywork section consisted of a single page so I contacted the centre who said "Oh that's how we got it from the manufacturer - typical Lotus". They sent me the rest of the section without a problem

So they had the rest of the section then to hand. Hmm. And they knew what they sent you was not complete. Fookin' typical "Lotus Centre" is what I'd say, too bloody lazy to do the job right even after a load of years!  Yup, this is the sort of stuff that naffs me off. Just lazy.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Cheers chaps, I fully agree. One will very rarely meet a Ferrari owner, a Lamborghini owner or a Porsche owner who in public will admit their particular car or the brand ever having had problems. While I think that's a bit odd, I think some of it could be related to the snobb effect, as in "Look at me, in my supercar". OOOppsss, I think it was Richard Hammond who said that while driving a second hand Lotus Esprit ;)

Anyway, I am amazed of reading about the amount of not so good repairs, fixes, diy et al, which is being done on Lotus cars. Being that from a dealership, Backstreet workshop or at home. When I am reading on a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche forum, I don't or rarely read that.

Maybe some people regard Lotus cars as say a Mazda 323 - something that anyone holding a screwdriver and a hammer in their hands for the very first time, can eeeeaaaasily fix before the afternoon tea? Not saying I am a good mechanic on my own car, but I am willing to live and learn and listen to sound advice from say on here ;)

If I go Down to a local magazine shop and take a look at their car mags, I find a lot of articles regarding Porsche, some on Ferrari, a few on Lamborhini and a lot about japanese cars like 370, skyline, GT-r etc. Very rarely I find a mag with a propper article about a Lotus sportscar. If so, it contains all the usual 10 questions and info that have been written before so many times since the first Esprit were presented at the Turin Motorshow.

I never see a Commercial any more, neither in a mag, tv or on a website. I mean not on a page like this one, but generally speaking.

In my humble view, there is some sort of a problem, as in way too many selfmade "homies" under 23 doing "reviews" of cars, watches, shirts, bags and what not. And it doesn't do Lotus cars any good. Thay just don't know a ja.k sh.t about cars, about driving abilities. And even if they drive it, and drive fast, it's on a straigjt road while waweing to a group of school girls. Tehy also don't know anything about weight, areodynamics, centrifugal forces, stopping distances, quality and workmanship of metallurgy and fibertech and much more. I think we somehowlost something leaving the planet to unknowing teenagers and the "everyone-can-do-it-themselves-just-as-well" generation.

I must also admit, that there are a new generation with knowledge, and they are snapped up by Companies, not letting their views out on the streets to us, the readers/viewers. Instead the teenage generation that got rich overnight (that's just fine by me), took over what we, the grown up's left on the floor. It's a natural psychological process. It's us that are to be blamed.

Yesterday, after having madea real easy repair on my Esprit, an error that only showed up after 27 years, I took a good long drive. Filled up the tanks, and the Young man at the service station commented: " that's a nice Ferrari you have". "NO" Fortunately it's not a ferrari, it's a Lotus Esprit. Faster, better steering, better made. "Oh" he said "It red so I thought it's a Ferrari" (while wearing a Ferrari/Shell oil poloshirt). That is the level of some young people today... Being superficial and egoistic into extremity. When I was a child and a teenager, I read, asked and investigated all I could to gather knowledge. Maybe it's just me, but I feel the press and self-made press are bought by the brands, owned by the brands, and every car is the best ever made. They owe their "loyalty" to Money that feeds their mouth. Better do a sportscar review praising the car extremely, or fill it up with babbleing about how best to pick up girls with that car, or how two teenagers can plaster the car over with plastic film, making it into a pink/matblack dollarsign they can boast about, while thrashing it into bits and pieces, so they can have the Money of the internet fans paying a "slave" (read: grown up educated mechanic) fix it overnight, cos' they are going to a party in 15 minutes, because life is soooo boooring...

So the questions here are twofold:

1/ Is Lotus cars a lesser brand compared to other highly esteemed sportscar brands?

2/ If not, how do we, the owners and people who actually care about Lotus sportscars (and sportscars in general), and Lotus Cars themselves turn that around, and put an end to those old sayings coming from both owners, non-owners and the car-press (often made up by self-made people who got internet success)?

ps: C8RKH: Lazyness, that's a problem. Sack them, and get propper working knowledgeable employees, who actually care about the brand and customer relations, people who are on fire for Lotus cars. At the only Lotus dealership in Denmark, just a mile from me, there is 1, yes one, man who Works with Lotus. They cannot repair them or service them, as they never did get any experience. They cannot order spares and service items, and if you tell them: Look, I'd like to look into buying a Lotus, they say, That's all fine, but over here, we have the newest Porsche, 30 kodels, and THAT is what people will want to show their success to others.

sigh ...

• Gold FFM
12 minutes ago, Jacques said:

So the questions here are twofold:

1/ Is Lotus cars a lesser brand compared to other highly esteemed sportscar brands?

2/ If not, how do we, the owners and people whoactually care about Lotus sportscars, and Lotus Cars themselves turn that around, and put an end to those old sayings coming from both owners, non-owners and the car-press (often made up by self-made people who got internet success)?

1. Yes it is to be honest and in many ways I think it is the owners that drag it down as much as anyone else. You never, or at least hardly ever, read other manufacturers forums where owners are bemoaning the fact that new cars from that brand are getting more expensive - whilst getting more exotic, more extreme, more advanced and faster.  But here. Christ on a bike, the last 12 months practically all I have seen is people slagging off the new cars - from their shit they don't make the numbers, to their too expensive.  I mean, come on guys, yes, they might be more expensive but just look at the amount of carbon on some of these things - much more than a McLaren, a Ferrari, a Lamborghini etc and also beautiful well made and presented too, especially the herringbone pattern on the larger pieces. That is real attention to detail. It seems that everyone and his dog just wants to shoot down the new Exige 380 Cup, the Elise 250Cup etc. because they are "expensive".  They are also some of the fastest cars you can actually drive hard on a real road and are not too shabby around a track either.  It seems we are happy to pay £150k for McLaren, £180k plus for a Porsche GT3, more for the RS, and over £200k for a Ferrari or Lambo, but heaven forbid Lotus should have the temerity to charge over £100k for a crappy plastic Evora GT430!!!  Come on now, on track or road, would the much cheaper GT430 be left behind? Really?  Does it not look like a £100k plus car oozing with all that REAL AERO (you know, the stuff that is proven to work) and all that drop dead gorgeous Carbon?  

2. Stop talking the brand down and accept that the cars will get dearer as Lotus moves up market - or, would you prefer as an another post to continue to compare them to a £9k second hand Dacia?  Do you really think new cars from Porsche, Ferrari, Audi or Lamborghini do not have problems?  The least of your worries with those cars is a squeaking seat. If you're really lucky your Lamborghini and Ferrari will burst into flames, your Audi will suffer electrical issues and your Porsche's engine will eat itself.  I'll take the squeaking seat thanks.

• Like 2

I personally would say lotus is seen as a lesser brand by many but only compaired to the likes of Lambo and ferrari,  but not everybody knows the lotus brand,  yet ask someone what is Ferrari and they will of heard of this car maker i guarantee you, even the remote tribes in the Brazilian rain forests know about the prancing horse emblem :)   

Porsche is more the comparable in regards to model size,engine size and cost size etc,  It is very hard for a company to get to be well known asa brand,  even Range rover still try to improve their brand name against the likes of other 4x4 luxury car makers etc.  Lotus is known by the older folks for the Heritage with racing, the way the car handles etc.   

Those outside the box still see Lotus as a sort of kit car maker imo,   

Regarding stuck up people, it is hard to say, not all Ferrari owners are stuck up, have met some really nice ones who just love cars,  

It is like the saying you drive a ferrari to be somebody, you drive a Lambo because you are somebody :P

My thoughts on Lotus does not really matter, I love the brand but i drive cars that left their factory over 30 years ago,  I love the new cars but to be honest do not see me purchasing a new or modern lotus any time soon, Tempted by an elise s1 but that is about it and they are near classics now :P

Regarding the bodge jobs yes many have been done to Lotus cars over the yearsbut remember the tinternet was not about back then, so hopefully a few owners can look online on forums such as these and get help to make sure they get the job done properly,  and bad workshops can be name and shamed if carrying out under par work etc.   :) 

A

Dan, I too, think that a part of the problem. Saying anything on the web is free. You don't have to stand up for what you say. The worst that can happen is getting kicked off a homepage. But commenting on videos, articles, debates etc. are all there. Shaming Lotus cars. Still, I think that other brands customers are more positive to their cars. I don't know the average ownership time outside my own country, but wher I live, we pay 3 times more for our cars, so we try to take better car of them, and they stick with us longer ;)

No, you are right in line with my own view. None of the new Lotus cars speak to me like the Esprit does. And I wouldn't have the moeny to get a new Esprit anyway. Simple as that. And more importantly: I prefer the old one.

But even if we leave all of the new modern cars out of the Picture, say after 2010, and only look into 1960 till' 2010. The same patern shows itself for the old cars.

But it doesn't really suggest how to overcome the "old" or rather present day sayings about Lotus. As you said it yourself. Even some new owners of modern Lorus cars, will speak Down on the marque.

I feel it's a bit like with Jaguar E-type. Everyone agrees it's the most beautifull car ever made. Even if it's not. Well, I think everyone interested should make up their own mind, rather than being persuaded by the oppinion of the crowds.

What to do?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

3 hours ago, Steve4012 said:

Being reasonably new to Lotus I bought a service manual off a well known Lotus centre about a year ago. The bodywork section consisted of a single page so I contacted the centre who said "Oh that's how we got it from the manufacturer - typical Lotus". They sent me the rest of the section without a problem but I was surprised about that derogatory phrase from a company that makes their money from Lotus Cars. I've come to read the phrase "typical Lotus" a lot online which I think is a bit of a shame. I'm now fortunate enough to own 2 Turbo Esprit's which I think are truly fantastic cars. When I find a problem I try and enjoy solving it (with the help from this forum) because the cars are entitled to have problems from previous owners doing who knows what in the way of maintenance and the fact they are about 35 years old. I don't think "Oh cr#p, typical Lotus". 

Steve: that happened to me too, apart from that I didn't get the missing pages. Cheap photocopies. What does it help to pay the full Price for a section, and get that instead, rather than downloading illegally (wich I wouldn't) from some kind of russian homepage?

Maybe they got tired after 30+ years, and just don't care any more?

Anyway, I think many people are attractred to success. And Lotus does not seem like a success. Not in public anyway, They spend a lot of money renting a shop in Regent Street, selling next to zero and hireing 3 lazy youngsters who spend 8 hours a day looking at their smartphone, rather than attracting, guiding, and servicing customers. Not a dime on advertising. Not a single shout about remaking parts for older cars, so that they, the old cars and their drivers, can show off the brand at the streets, where people actually SEE them.

Nill.

Zero.

not a dime.

And an italian ultra strange lady, whom I had the misfortune to deal with, managing their warehouse of aftermarket items such as clothing, and who was completely irresponsible, incompetent and uninterested.

It's easy to save spending money, by closing down everything, but it can also flip over so you starve yourself to death. Or close.

Lotus as a brand have been partially infested with a few of the wrong people who had Little or no real genuine interest in developing, servicing and helping the brand and their customers as well as futire customers. "Well, as you can see in my credentials, I came from a top job in Mercedes, Ferrari, Fiat, Citroën etc", as in "I've sucked your Money, now I am leaving for another nest I can destroy and live off, till' they are spent and I fly off to the next"...

And so?

Kind regards,

jacques ;)

• 1 month later...

small update.

I am looking at the nice light coloured Magnolia leather, and red carpets and I get a Little bit flat fdeeling when looking at the rear quater sailing panels über cheap carpeting. Well, mine are as new and clean and nice, but I have played a bit with the idea of making it a bit more like the interrior. To keep it all together, so to speak.

So, I get another set of those two vetroresina panels, and had them done in the same leather as the rest of the Esprit.

So, I went from this - to this.  As it is kind of sealed off when tailgate is locked, I don't expect any engine poloution there. My present carpets are clean after 27 years, so leather can be too. Maybe a bit more elsewhere ?  ;) magnolia leather is for this purpose backed with a thin soft material, to mak eit feel softer and avoid visible glue traces from the panels. I decided to avoid Black trim along the inner edge, as they come in plastic, and I don't want that. Black leather trim will take up to much Space and make it stick out too much, so I chose to have it bent and sewn, as can be seen. More later.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

rear wuarter panel left.JPG

new rear pieces.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Alunox Stevens tubular exhaust manifold two years on. As I just wrote this in a response to an add, I felt it would survive better by being in my own thread as well.

So here it is:

Stevens Esprit Alunox tubular exhaust manifold.

1/ Customer service: Bought as new in a group buy, where Alunox had delayed a bit here and there, and had to rush it a bit too much, so a number of those around 40 were not exactly straight bolt on. I have Pictures and Measurements of my own, and I received pm's from other owners WHO had similar problems. That said, I tried to get help from alunox, but they never got back to me, and just ignored me. When I bought their complete radiator package system, it was unusable in technical terms defined by law. They said they could not repair it, and took it back. They then repaired it and sold it on. That's when I had steam out of my nose. My passed away grandmother still to this day offers better customer service.  -1 point.

2/ Noise and engine response: That said, I am of the conviction, that if you correct those issues with the tubular exhaust manifold, and make it fit propperly, it's by far the best there have been made to date. Response is fast, much less lag, more power, more Nm, more noise, more grunt, more of a raspy note, and finally a much faster and easy fitting. +1 point.

3/ Repeated installation etc: The talk about not being able to take it apart and then reassemble it, I cannot recognise at all. Yes, I had to pursuade it every time I took it apart, but not much of a problem. Yes, it could have better finish, and less fractions from welding etc, but it's stil a beauty to behold. It's also now dead easy to reinstall the complete system as a Whole on my car. +1 point.

4/ First time installation: As some will have read in my thread and elsewhere, I spend quite some hours to take the Whole thing apart. And some to adapt everything to suit the alunox manifold, as it later on had to communicate with a Sport300 setup. That was not just straight bolt on and forget, if anyone thinks so. I didn't expect it to be a slip on and forget solution, but it could have been made better, for example also the flex system and the support bracket, which to date does not fit my car, and as usual alunox never returned my approaches to them, despite having paid top dollar for their business. Not overly impressed. To be honest, it seems to be a Little bit of a hit and miss affair. A negative, that surely did not have to be that. So others may have a completely different experience. Sometimes they are really great and sometimes they are not so. For that asking price, I expect more consistency. Nuff' said. in total -1 point.

5/ Performance: The Stevens exhaust manifold from Alunox works very very well, once installed. It also have capacity to collaborate together with other upgrades performancewise, and respond very well to that. A big plus. So +1 point.

6/ Chassis tube clearing: The tollerance between the point of the tubular manifold's most left point and chasis tubes, is near nill. But that would as I understood it, have been corrected in the Mk. IV version or so. And I installed a bit of heat shield on that tube of the frame as well to get better protection. All teh heatshileds on the engine Mount fits. Despite mine being very close to the chassis, it did not burn off any of the galvanizing from factory. So +1 point.

7/ On and off wise: I can now push aside the chargecooler, take off the turbo and take off the alunox tubular exhaust manifold in less than two hours, including a break. I used smaller special nuts that does not demand the use of extra locking devices and it's easy peasy. I really mean that. A big plus. So +1 point.

8/ Longevity: Well, having used it for two years, I have rolled mine on a testbed a number of times, I've driven in ultra heavy rain (by pure unluck, not by intension), I've been on longer trips, city driving and given it the beans, and there are no holes, no craks, no problems. It fits and it performs. So +1 point.

9/ Attractiveness: Easy. It attracts visitors, spectators, frightens dogs, women and Little children begin to cry. And those WHO are in the know of a raspy brutal sportscar, they pass by and have a chat. It looks sooooo good. +1 point.

10/ Price and weight: It's very light at only 5,2 kilo. Saves 9,8 kilo on my example! Yes, it's very expensive, but so is an Esprit, and this is the one to get, and once paid and installed, you immediately forget the Price and just smile as you press on. +1 point.

Verdict: 8 points out of 10 possible. In a new reproduction of this, it may score 10 out of 10. Only time will tell. Is there a real alternative on the market as of February 2018? No, not really. Would I buy it again? Sure thing! Despite having to be prepared to pay top Money for something you must be prepared to finsih yourself, it's a MUST HAVE.

The above is purely my own experience, and I stand by my Words, can document things and am honest about it. Not trying to sunshine the Company and not trying to put them Down either. So it is now up to you if you want the by far best exhaust manifold on the market today. Note: mine is a Stevens manifold, not a Guigiaro one. They are quite different and as bodys can be different on that car depending on markets, and if you are going to use another turbo, it's worth looking into beforehand.

The rest is up to you.

Hope this will be of a bit of help to someone in the future. Kind regards,

jacques

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a small update in the wintercold, brrrr....

I wanted to finish the leather installation on the two side rear shelves in the engine compartment. So I finally found a suiting graphics file, and had it converted to something usefull. Then on the a old school engraver, who made me a lump of brass with the propper inscription. When that came out well, I did some tests on various leater types and various methods. And a few days ago I tried it on the magnolia leather in Little Red Riding Hood.

That represents a few areas to be aware of. The brass inscription is not very deep, so I cannot press very hard without having edges visible, which is not something to be wished, naturally. So only light pressure.

The next is the leather glued to the two glassfiber shelves. They will break if under pressure. So made up a few wooden supportive load-spreaders, to anticipate that.

And next, the magnolia leather is extremely soft and therefore a Little bit spungy, so higher pressure is called for. Not that high, or it will "pull" the leater around it embossing, and look bad.

And finally, I had to separate the magnolia leather from the glassfiber and the soft thn foam layer in between, or those would suck up any pressure.

When making embossing, it is important to have long time and less pressure, but also wet the leather a bit. In this case, I had to make it wet from behind, as the magnolia surface is pretty resistant to water ingress, as it have this naturally, and I used a lot of leather treatment very often ;) So a sponge was made wet and inserted from behind, and make the leather wet, without being soaked.

After 1½ day, I took it out of the press (a big vice), and it came out fine. It is not very big as I wanted it to be quite subdued and discreete, around 80mm. And I wanted the embossing without any colour, only the pressure. The whole idea is to get rid of external lettering on the car and stickers on the glass, and lift the expression of the Esprit, in a discrete and elegant way that could very well have been factory. So embossing it was.

Here's a Picture of said embossment. It is made with the latest type V8 font, which correspond to the rear lettering on my car. More on it's way, as I want the same on the dash board, and then some ;)

Little Red Riding Hood feels prettier now ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques

ps: the crome liscense plate frame is no longer on my car. Just the plate itself. Keep it simple and better looking imho.

prægning bag.JPG

bagskilt.PNG

esprit logo udklip.PNG