free hit
counters
location of inertia switch? - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gikem

location of inertia switch?

it's driving me crazy, maybe it's been removed but I can't find the inertia switch on my '78 S2, can anyone please advise?

thanks

--Kim

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

On my JPS if you lifted the carpet on the right hand side of the engine bay (near the carbs air box)you would see a small hole in the underlying plywood (giving access to the popper knob).

thanks, you were bang on, I don't know how I missed it.

Unfortunately it wasn't triggered, so my problem is almost certainly a bad fuel pump

thanks again

--Kim

Could be the connections on the bottom of the inertia switch...iirc there's a plug that can be dislodged enough to cut the circuit without it being obvious.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

would there be one on my S3?  I've had the tanks out and don't recall anything like that in the engine bay/rear of the car...

post-13282-0-43870200-1405945698.jpghope this helps

thanks, you were bang on, I don't know how I missed it.

Unfortunately it wasn't triggered, so my problem is almost certainly a bad fuel pump

thanks again

--Kim

You can test it by pulling it up and seeing if the voltage to the pump goes away and then push it back in again to see the voltage re-appear. People have commented it makes for a built-in free anti-theft device. Lift the carpet piece and pull the knob and walk away.   ;)

Is that an s3 turbo? My na does not have one that I am aware of but am giving some thought towards adding one

yes turbo 82