free hit
counters
Wanted - 1985 Excel steering rack - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Wanted - 1985 Excel steering rack

hi any one know of a lotus excel steering rack for sale 1985 lotus excel without goin to the usual places sj an lotus bits I bought one an wen it arrived the mounting points were corroded grrrrrrrrrr

Edited by ramjet
moved these posts to their own topic

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

new rack arriving tomoz cant wait I can put body back on and get my other toys in there

just to illiterate I didn't get the rack from sj or lotus bits I bought it from a breakers in Essex  totally corroded

With all the work involved changing a rack, I wouldn't bother with a second-hand one, which is probably as old as the one you are changing, and would probably have similar problems if not now but soon, as your original one.

I just got an exchange one from LotusBits for my Elite. I can't fault the service, arrived next day, and my old one also picked up the day after requesting it's return. Great service, and the rack works perfectly and is all nice and shiny too!.

It's also pretty important, safety wise, to have steering you have confidence in.

In short, don't scrimp on anything safety-related,

Btw, LotusBits were also helpful with tips on changing too. And I have NO connection with them, just sayin'

I know what your saying but my rack is totally unserviceable, so I have to buy a 2nd hand one so I can send it to lotus bits as they can only supply one if I have a reservicible rack to exchange,,, I cant buy one out right so I managed to buy a 2nd hand one today which is servicible,so off to lotus bits it will go p.s trust me im not schrimping I have budget of 7 thousand its a full body of restoration these racks are as rare as hens teeth thanks for your info cheers john

Edited by john genders

I know what your saying but my rack is totally unserviceable, so I have to buy a 2nd hand one so I can send it to lotus bits as they can only supply one if I have a reservicible rack to exchange,,, I cant buy one out right so I managed to buy a 2nd hand one today which is servicible,so off to lotus bits it will go p.s trust me im not schrimping I have budget of 7 thousand its a full body of restoration these racks are as rare as hens teeth thanks for your info cheers john

Lotusbits would charge a surcharge of £80 (from memory) if I never\didn't send my old one back in.

So effectively, it's like buying and old rack for £80 without all the hassle (and extra expense of retuning a rack to Lotusbits).

a big thumbs up to the guys at lotus bits for supplying my steering rack without an exchange rack excellent service

Good service eh?, if they weren't so tucked away in an inaccesible place in rural England I would have bought then a pint!