free hit
counters
Skoda powered Esprit replica - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Skoda powered Esprit replica

If I am hallucinating here somebody slap me.

Click me (and hold on to your lunch)

What is all the shite about it being so good Lotus bought the patents? :unsure: Did they patent the clothes-pole bonnet prop too?

With this being made in 1985 and 2nd hand Esprits not being exactly thin on the ground by then, the big question is why?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

url]

What is all the shite about it being so good Lotus bought the patents? :blink: Did they patent the clothes-pole bonnet prop too?

Thats the 'Chapman Strut' , Dontcha know Old Boy !!

Mike :D:unsure::o

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

:blink:

you know, if they existed independantly in a world without the Esprit, I wouldn't say they were so bad looking :D Specially the one pulled out of the river :unsure:

Lotus partially made the Delorean. So lotus could have gone forward in time to purchase the patent for the chassis from them B) Which saves so much trouble, if you know someone's going to invent something in the future which you have invented in the present...

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Thats the 'Chapman Strut' , Dontcha know Old Boy !!

ROLF :blink::D

Fibreglass monocoque eh, and I thought they stopped using that after the 1st Elite :unsure:

It doesn't look overly bad though, almost a cross between the DMC12 and the Esprit but....why ?

facebook = [email protected]

if you cant find a cat....

piedpiper.gif

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I don't know anything about Skoda, but the engine in that car looks like a FIAT/Lancia Lampredi Twin Cam. (Did/does Skoda get engines from FIAT?)

There were a couple of threads on the Heron a while back. For what it's worth, it is much smaller than an Esprit -- about the size of an X1/9. I think they were made in New Zealand. I don't think it's that bad -- imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right? :unsure:

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

There is hope... They only made 22 of those things...

Hopefully most of 'em are lying in a barn and will never see the light of day :blink:

I will make it my personal mission when I get to NZ to find them, buy them and burn 'em. (Consider this a public service :unsure: )