free hit
counters
Hamilton Team Orders? - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hamilton Team Orders?

At this stage in the season, really? 

Not surprised Lewis held out, he drove a blinder. I'd love to have been in the Mercedes motor home after the race, boy Rosberg looked like someone had stolen his teddy bear. 

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think the orders were for the team not individuals and if hamilton had obeyed the team would most likely have scored more points because rosberg may have been able to pass alonso and finish 2nd .Obviously this would have been to the detriment of hamilton.So which is more important the team or the individual? 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Depends if the team or the individual is being asked! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Before his last stop, Rosberg didn't get anywhere close enough to be let past without Hamilton having to give up hope of passing Alonso. Would have been interesting if Rosberg has caught him at the end with a few more laps to go, though. I wonder whether he would have let him past then. We'll never know.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Just watched this on catch up & IMO teams should not be allowed to ask one driver on the same lap to allow his team mate to pass just so the team can potentially get more points. It's not racing & it's not good to watch, especially as Hamilton came from a pit lane start to get up to 3rd. Personally I watch F1 to support a particular driver, at the moment I support Hamilton but I would feel the same if I was supporting Rosberg. I couldn't care less who wins the manufactures title ( & lets face it Mercedes are so far ahead it's hardly going to matter over a few points ) It's supposed to be racing & if Rosberg couldn't get passed Hamilton on driving ability alone then tough ! 

Hamilton did what he had to do. He is fighting to win the title and finishing ahead of your biggest rival, team or not, is  number one priority.

:)

It's getting there......

I can't wait for October to see what "team orders" Putin issues to Marussia. Maybe he'll arrange for a Buk "rocket assist" on the starting grid.

Is it the gulag for Max and Jules if they fail to win? ^_^ 

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

If it was team orders then the team is unfair on Hamilton.

At this stage of the season the battle is still neck and neck, the points outcome for the team on that last lap ish wouldn't have changed as neither of them would have had time to pass Alonso who'd have been impossible to pass. As much as I disagree with Hamilton and his self pity style during the last 4 races, he 100% deserved that 3rd place... Quality drive!

Quite funny how he almost stacked it on cold brakes at the start of the race... Not used to starting from the pits without a proper warm up... He's bloody lucky, that could have been a season deciding moment in itself! A crash through his own mistake going into the summer break... A lucky guy given all he seems to goes on about these days is bad luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the order was along the lines of "Nico is on a different strategy, please don't hold him up". My view is that he never got close enough to Hamilton, for Lewis to be "holding him up". 

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)