free hit
counters
Lamborghini Huracan - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I can't help but see some similarities with Bahar's Esprit in the Huracan. It would have been so good to see comparative tests between them. Ah well, in the meantime enjoy Jethro's quick review of the launch car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJZR_GMWMLY

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't help but see some similarities with Bahar's Esprit in the Huracan. It would have been so good to see comparative tests between them. Ah well, in the meantime enjoy Jethro's quick review of the

While being smart looking, fast looking etc. I think they are both just plain boring to look at. The difference to the spectator is more like what each brand used to be like, and the only think you ha

I think its fair to say that Lotus has stayed outside the bounds dictated by market  convention. But, as we all know it makes life hard and where Lamborghini has record sales every year Lotus keeps st

Posted Images

Same school of design. I find myself wondering why I'm impressed by the Huracan but reckon the Esprit misses the mark. Perhaps it's the proportions.

DanR

While being smart looking, fast looking etc. I think they are both just plain boring to look at. The difference to the spectator is more like what each brand used to be like, and the only think you have to do, is choseing the front badge, otherwise they are the same. They have more or less the same design, Wheels are big but look like cheap "oh no, we forgot to design some nice Wheels, so we just paint it all Black", and they certainly don't "speak" to me. And that is the most important.

What the sportscar market needs these days, is a new fresh attitude to design. They should take some chances Again.

Think of the Esprit, the LP5000, the Stratos, the 911Turbo etc. They were a revelation.

Or maybe it's all been invented and tried? And we should all go buy an Electric bicycle instead?

I've just been to a Lotus, Porsche and Lamborghini dealer here in Copenhagen, and what Struck me looking at all of those cars, is that I am quite impressed of say the paint, or a new way of placing the exhaust, or the seats. Or the fact that they are very wide and low. Well, except the Lotus'es, they are just small. And Porsche seems to compete with themselves on how tall they can build a car, as well as making every single model look exactly like the other model, only differing on the customer wanting a leatherstripe with yellow or red stitches. Boring. Things like that. But the car as a Whole - no, just plain boring. They lack soul.

My impression from looking at the cars were, that only Lotus have someting different designwise. But they do look a bit cheap and fragile. But only a bit, and mostly enginewise. Looking through the vents, the engines look like a small japanese Family car, and that is not very appealing for a sportscar.

Porsche is by far the worst. They have spent over half a Century trying to hide that engine because of their de(sign)fault, while other parts of their cars, like the 1978-1983 area showed some serious nice super wide wheelarches. Something they have not really done Again since.

Lamborghini have much more drama from looking at the engine compartment. But they too have thrived on their old successes and more or less every single model they ave today, look like the other model.

In fact it Struck me, that a special italian someting extra light and fast model, looked like another much cheaper base model, apart from some italian stickers along the sides, and they certainly looked like an afterthought.

Even my dead grandmother could drive one of those new supercars (well, sort of). Way too easy, and lack involvement and passion. Loudspeakers with enginesoundtrack... Give me a break...

Don't believe me? Just take a look in real World of the new cars on this thread and compare them to a Miura. I know what I would chose, that is out of question. The Miura is for a mano.

Nah, I'll stick to that super design of my very old Esprit. Superdesign. Super involvement. And I think the old style binnacle is super nice and supercar-like, as it is expected. Absolutely no need to spend millions on a new car.

Cheers,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

^^^Lots of that. Modern car design seems to be about intricate details rather than a cohesive whole. The end result gives me a headache while your eyes focus everywhere rather than being able to stand back and admire "a shape". Perhaps it has all been done.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Remember that the Huracan is the entry level introduction to the Lamborghini range. It is destined to be their volume seller. Its purpose is to be a pain free way of putting one of their cars on your driveway and subsequently feel comfortable enough with it to use it in a similar way to a 911 or R8.

So it should be capable of coping with city traffic, doing a supermarket visit as well as providing thrills at the limit of adhesion along A roads.

If you want theatre, flamboyance and stupid doors then other models are available in the Lamborghini range.

Ive posted this before but I think it explains why some of the new designs feel a little sterile. Designers are having their ideas restrained by legislation. No longer can you make and sll a low car let alone a door where the opening aperture is so small its hard to get in and out of. Safety, usability even reliability at the price of aesthetics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyt1ETVtwDI

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Mark, I agree with you.

Another reason to dump the ec and the federal us government. When do they serve the public and freedom of the individual. Oh, wait, I know - we should all get the same facemask, the same clothes and drive a green Up. Within that cars range, are plenty of choices for each and everyone on the planet, to feel enriched as a individual person, like:: do you want flags on the sidemirrors? Or maybe a oversized keyhanger? Or a vase on the dash? And for the sporty minded, you can get false leather (nappa) on some parts of the front seats.

Yeah right.

While I respect you good peoples oppinion, I am not so convinced of the arguments stated here. They maybe correct of course, and I may be wrong, but I really think the cat is burried a Little elsewhere, and I'll try to list just a few of the  reasons, that springs to my mind.

a/ It may be, that legislation on certain markets allow or do not allow for a really low or really high bumperhight. Look at some cars made today: they have bumpers very low or very high. I am sure, design that catches your senses, Heart, ego or whatever can be made within those boundries. Or apply for new rules! Why not? If the American gunsociety can pursuade politicians not to pass Laws that is against their specific interests, then other Things can be done as well. I at least, don't see the World as being North America. There's a Whole planet full of individual countries.

b/ Certain decades kind of demands certain design philosophies. I am sure this is one of the key factors as to why cars seem to be so sterile. Well, if only the new Lamborghini had that design, I honestly think that really many people would clap their hands and scream: "wild!"  But as lot's of cars have this design, well, it's just another brick in the wall. It takes curage and creativity to do something Unique.

So hey teacher, leave us kids alone!

c/ Money. It appears to me, that many car Companies today depend on the sure sale, therefore dictating the shape and other parameters on a car, even a sportscar, being a small marketshare or not.

New very big markets leave Space for lot's of sportcars for people to show their new richness. I don't mind, as that is up to people themselves as to why and how. But I do care about the senseless long row of non-individual sportscars that flow from Companies, which are no longer controlled by the chief designer, the chief engineer and the passionate boss, but instead a board of shareholders controlled by a large international investmentbank or similar. That is one sure thing: a killer to individuality and passion. They only for for maximising profit, and that has never been the core of a sportscar.

d/ while the video Budsy links to is very nice. I took a moment of thinking what it is that he says in the video. Basically the guy in the video said, that he absolutely likes the LP5000, but it is crazy design, scoops all over like an afterthought, stupid access to cabin, cannot get a propper sized burger through the window opening etc.

Well then I must ask him: Why on Earth do you have the LP5000 then? Why don't you get a fast BMW? Storage Space, fast, green, normal doors, fine access and so on. And you will not offend the elite og the nay-Sayers. I am absolutely not the kind of human that says something along the line of: "the nerd does not deserve this car", or something braindead like that. It is entirely up to each and everyone to decide for themselves. I have no problem about this guy in the video having an LP5000. Good on him ;)

e/ Guts.

I think that today, there's a fine line between wild and ordinary. It takes a wild idea in a wild mind in a wild person to originally come up with a truly great design. But it only takes a copy and paste to replicate it by others, or almost even worse: to hang on to that same idea Again and Again and Again and Again and Again...

To me, it's a kill of the spirit.

This also affects others in playing the safe bet. Well, we must make a new sportscar, not because we want to bring absolute driving joy to mankind, but because it's been 2 yars and 8 months since we did it last time, and them bosses and sharehodlers and bankers want to see something new. As do all the owners-in-the-mind etc. So we, the Young designteam, WHO juuuust graduated school and know nothing about passion and pleasure and lige experience sportscarwise, we should udnertake that task, because we are Young and smart, and have no balls to use our own creativity.....   And we want so much to raise our paygrade and be boys with the boys, and get the right comments from the politically right persons, that we exactly kill what should be passion, and don't wantt to risk our job, because what could happen?   All right, nuff'said.

Free your mind, and design a real sportscar with passion and individuality. Dare do it!

Cheers,

Jacques.

post-1034-0-66356900-1406827812.jpg

I think its fair to say that Lotus has stayed outside the bounds dictated by market  convention. But, as we all know it makes life hard and where Lamborghini has record sales every year Lotus keeps struggling. Look at Geumpert and Spyker for other examples that failed.

It's not legislation that limits choice,  rather the market. One of the downsides of capitalism is that it doesn't care for art. 

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I agree, that Lotus at least to a degree have moved around outside that sphere. But without knowing recent Lotus history well, it seems to me as if some smart Guys have tried to do the usual job described above within Lotus.

Having a small marketshare and almost nil Money to operate with, together with a history, which to many people not owning a Lotus, may be something in the line of "really great car, but almost always broken Down". Which of course is not true, and at least not more often than other supercars.

Even though I really don't like the Evora design, because of it's weird roofline and I personally think it should have had a bit more personality, I still respect them for creating a car, that is unlike most others. But the new never made yet Esprit is just boring, because it looks like all the others, as I wrote above.

An evora is probably a very good sportscar. And thank you for not making it like an oversize Elise.

If I open a car mag here where I live, there is an article on a Ferrari and one on a Lamborghini, and maybe even one on a shitty Electric sportscar, which will never be a sportscar, but... no Lotus.  It's been years since someone wrote something about an Elise or a bit on the exige. And their modelseries have already been used too many times to offer something bigger, better, faster, more drama, more guts.

Let's have a little thinking about the following:

What do we in 2014 think of the supercars/sportscars from the 1970'ies, 1980'ies and even the 1990'ies?  Great sportscars, great design, great engines, Lot's of drama and passion. Apart from the doorhaters ;)

Now, take a look at the 2010' cars. How will people percieve these in 40 years?

I don't think that old is always better, many new better techniques have been made since then, but I do think that design, drama and passion spoke so much more, earlier on.

This effect of designing the new model over the same model as the old one, and not daring one's own design, is even more pronounced in ordinary Family cars. Really boring. And I can personally say, that I will prefer not to have a car at all, rather than an ordinary normal boring modern car. My life is too precious for that.

I keep thinking the new Lamborghini and Esprit are two nuts from the same Shell. Boring. Soulless. Everyday practicality? Luggagespace? Everyone can drive it? Consumerfriendly?

No. Not everyone should be able to drive it.

No. Not a truck.

No. Not an everyday practical car, because it's a sportscar.

No. A sportscar is not about consumers.

A sportscar plus the driver is not 1+1=2.

A sportscar is hard to drive, tough to be in, wearing and tearing, smelling, noisy, smelling, loud, extreme, fast, involving.

And most of all, a sportscar plus dirver is 1 + 1 = 3.

The common third, which is the result of the symbiosis that occours, when driver and machine is in harmony.

Cheers,

Jacques.

ps: and for the life of it all, get rid of those flappy Things behind the steering wheel, and make a propper gearstick.

And please do drop that nasty button for the weak-hearted, the mode-button: Swift, Up, gti, normal sportscar.

No ned for that. I never understood the idea of taking the sport out of a sportscar?

• Like 1

Jacques, in many ways I share your thoughts and fully agree on the Esprit design being boring. 

Unfortunately the market disagrees in many ways and one of the key reasons Lotus has so little money is that their cars have been designe for those few that agree with us, thus neglecting the market that would provide badly needed funds. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

the "market" is a curious Thing: there was a car with this dimensions: length: 4520 mm width: 1890 mm which was considered as "too fat", "too Long", "does not fit the core of the brand......" it was the Porsche 928, esp the Drivers of the 911 mentioned these arguments - which Dimensions hast the actual 911 (991) ? length: 4491 mm width: 1808 mm @@@Jacques: Esp I Like your comments on the "flappy Thing" - but: more and more People do not want a manual, even in a sportscar (or what they think is a sportscar...Saloon behaviour and comfort with a "sporty badge / image"....

I liked the Esprit shape. Enough to have bought one should it have been manufactured. I don't want a flamboyant shouty look-at-me design. I want a dignified, demure but handsome style. Something brash like a Zonda or even the Aventador are just too obvious and try too hard to be noticed. I'd look ridiculously clichéd in one of those things as do all those who drive them. That outrageous style is old hat and belongs in a museum.

Speak quietly, but carry a big stick.

Agreed, the likes of Zonda etc. make a statement, not one I'd make even if I could afford one. For me McLaren have got a good balance although I'm not a fan of those mid life crisis doors, ( another statement I'm keen to avoid making! ). A few tweaks with the Evora styling and maybe Lotus will achieve the perfect balance? 

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Well, I actually share all of your different views on the subject, as I don't see it as an end of the World thing. But for example the idea of the sportscar being a comfortable, practical sportscar fast saloon, makes it exactly that, a saloon, not a true sportscar. Then by all Means get that. Nothing wrong in that.

The idea that gull wing doors, or scissor dors are midlife-crisis is, well I never really understood that. What is a mid-life crisis? I've heard some people say that it is a man being unsure of his own capability to get Young women. Okay, then I will ask this: What on Earth does this have to do with getting young women? I for one, have never used a car, motorcycle, clothes, sport or whatever, to get a woman. That must be someone seroiusly envying or having trouble in their own mind, who came up with that thought.

Secondly, I have been driving a motorcycle since age 17 and I still do. Okay, it's big, red and noisy, but that is because i like it that way, and it does absolutely not have anything to do with penisenlargement or what have you. I just happen to like my motorcycle, and I drive it. That's it. I like the colour red, I like it to be a bit noisy, because I would like to feel the heat, vibration and noise from an engine on due working overtime, and I like to have something that not everyone else have. Not needed to be expensive, it's not about money. It is just about enjoying myself. And I can do that programming on a pc or driving, climbing Mountains, driving on a curvy backroad in a sportscar that demands me to be attentive, playing chess, working in my garden, bicycleracing, practicing old school indian yoga or whatever other interest I have. And they are many. But mid-life crisis? No way, I am exactly what I am. And I rest peacefully and balanced in myself as a man does.

But I am aware that there may be some people out there, who feel insecure, or whatever, and they may place a part of their identity in for example an extravagant scissor-door Lamborghini. So what? I can enjoy that too. An old woman can enjoy that too. A small child can enjoy that too, which they often do. And they have something with red ;)

But that is on the owner, not the car. So the door is not stupid. It lies in the perception on the onlooker. I think that there may sometimes be some people, who themselves have an asortment of problems, and cannot really rest in themselves, and see many situations a some sort of problems of some kind. So get help, or solve it oneself.

Did all the teenagers who adored the design beauty on their poster on the wall of for example a Lamborghini LP5000 have a midlife-crisis? I think not. Did it make them have small penis? I think not. Did it make them score more girls? I think not. Girls are not that simpleminded.

Some people think that if a statement is repeated enough times, it becomes truth. Well, it doesn't.

And a fast saloon is never going to be a sportscar. For that and for many other reasons.

One could argue, that the new Lotus Esprit (not produced as of yet, so that one), is boring, like I did. My reason is that it's not ground breaking; it's not daring etc. It a repetition, and therefore cannot by principle be new. It's seen before. The design and the car itself may not be actually boring, but for the reasons I stated above it will be (to me). And so is the new Lamborghini. Copy paste. Copy paste. Copy paste.

Well, take a look in to ones own mind, and come forward with a truly original design.

And it surey does not have to be as noisy as for example a Zonda. Some of the most beautifull cars were created very simple and elegant. Like an E-type. I think one could argue, that the e-type design is still admired even today. Noisy in design? No, but still beautifull after so many decades? Yes. Was is made as a mid-life crisis solver? I think not.

Stupid door on a mid-life crisis car? No way.

and I happen to like scissor-doors, because it looks nice.

I personally don't suffer from envy. On the contrary, I can enjoy others being happy for what they do. Good on them.

What is flamboyant-look-at-me? Is it in the eye of the driver, or is it in the eye of the on-looker? Could be both.  Where is the judgement? Is that in the driver, or the one who thinks that the driver must have a mid-life crisis? I think it speaks for itself.

Likewise it could be argued, that for example a driver of an insanely well-selling car, let's take the VW Up!, could have serious problems in his or her personality reflecting in the choice of their car. Again, it is in the mind of the one who pass on judgement, or at least interpretates what he or she sees/experiences.

Similarely, what is a cliché? Is it a lifethreatening disease? I think most people would say no. Can it bring a smile to the spectator or driver (as mentioned)? Well, yes sometimes. Is it dangerous to smile to the World? Aparently.

I think my point in all this is, that small minds creates small ideas, and big minds creates big ideas. I don't mean people on here, having this debate. Some of the best ideas have been a anti-product of suppression and conformity.

I salute that.

I think Lotus can do better than that Esprit. I mean more Unique. And sale is not only about playing the safe Card. And a sportscar is certainly not that. It's about spirit.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

As I am not in the market that I could afford any of these cars in Australia, I will have a think about what to say.

I'm like Advantage. I like the DB Esprit style. It looked good, but didn't try so hard as to say 'Look at me! Look at me!' The truth would have been in how it drove and how it makes you feel when you are doing that.

The Countach is still a great looking car having been one of the first to be outrageous in design. I'd hazard a guess that everyone that owns a sportscar, at one time, had a Countach on their bedroom wall as a kid.

Sure the OH&S people are making car design difficult, but that is where it is up to designers to find the way, not around, but through the rules to create something that makes you stop and look.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

One could argue, that ordinary cars getting better suspension, handling, getting faster and more exotic engines, getting better seats, while still looking like a normal car just with more spoilers and skirts, may have taken a large marketshare from the sportscar segment.

Possibly there are some men and women out there, who would like a sportscar, but take the normal fast car, as it would be "the more sensible option".

Thereby melting the fast salooncar market and sportscar market together, with a few extremes.

Boring and lack of taking a chance in my humble view. The Countach was never made to be a fast Family saloon, and yet people still admire it for what it is. Some people say it drives like a pig, but fortunately some owners thinks it drives quite okay. Again I think that sometimes a statement is repeated so many times, that in the end others thinks it's actually right.

Just think of the dreadful "lot's of trouble, usually serious".

I can think of lesser cars and motorcycles, which have many more problematic areas. The ford Sierra, eating camshafts, dashboards splitting open by first light, camfollowers that does not really follow etc. Honda VF series engines which eats camshafts, crank bearings, CB900/CB750/CB1100 that Looses the tension on the lower camchain (hyvo), golf1 fries it's relaybox, golf4 that rusts around the rear door handle faster than a vw employee can eat a lunchpack and fries their intake control system don't know the English Word for it), Mercedes a type that tilts during road tests because it's simply too tall and too narrow and too soft, Yamaha fzr1000/and 1000exup engines that ovalizes their cylinders really fast and then eats oil, saab low pressure turbo engines that fry their Electronics and breaks their gearboxes, old type BMW 300 series that Warps their cylinderheads, Harley evoloution engines that overheats the cylinderheads, Ducati 916 that fries their injection control box, opel astra's that Looses their rear hatch, alfas with serious many Electric gremlins and often rusting faster than a child eating an icecream, Honda goldwings that breaks their side carrier holders like crazy, fiat cars that uses brake discs seriously fast, Punto cars that fries their ignition box, ford mondeao cars that flattens their front seats as soon as someone over 100 kilo síts in it, citroën zantia that Looses hydraulic suspension pressure, Ferrari 308 that zaps gearboxes adn sidemirrors that fly off at speed (vitaloni california), Mercedes b-class that rusts their doors and panels fast, Toyota avensis that vibrates in their steering, Peugeot that overheats brakes setting fire to themselves, just to mention a few.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Jacques, people are morons. There's no two ways around that - you can set an example by driving your Esprit every single day all year round and not complain of any failures and people will still go and buy a german car or another mass-produced shitbox, while referring to the "Lots of Trouble...." acronym when you come rolling round. All cars are going to cause trouble to a certain degree but it's like discussing the origins of man with a religious fanatic - futile.

Lotus should just keep on doing what they want to do and screw the mainstream - If I wanna be a bit cheeky I'll say "nobody buys their cars anyway" so they aren't going to nab too many customers by modelling their next Esprit body on a 911 or Lambo Generico. They exist in a strange space, eternally teetering on the brink of ruin, but still getting by with a core following.

I'm quite glad that DB Esprit was canned - I felt sad when I saw it because it had absolutely no memorable features whatsoever. It could have run you over and you couldn't describe it to the police. Hopefully whatever they come out with in the future pays homage to the fantastic designs that preceded them - the pioneering Giugiaro lines, the perfectly balanced Stevens redesign, the soft Carr embellishments. It's a car with history, and a history that must be respected.

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Very well spoken.

Especially that about respect and being run over by that car, and not being able to describe it. Hit the nail.

I've just been to Copenhagen Historic GrandPrix all day, and while not being able to hear anything right now, I've really enjoyed the day. 1000's of enthusiasts, from Morris Mini, to Lancia Delta HF Integrale, to Volvo amazon, to Jag XJ220, to the 911 phlefora, to, italian supercars of all kinds, jags, autunion race cars, to LOTUS ELANS AND ELITE, to God know what grand prix car from somewhere between the Vikings and Greek empire.

Genuine enthusiasts all of them. And when they meet, they prefer their own car/brand/era, but with due respect to the other.

Then there were the car Companies of today, demonstrating their newest offerings, like for example nissan, with their gt-r model.

Please take a look at the pictures and then shift to the ones of a Classic sportscar.

Good grief, what can I say?

What is going on inside their head?

And then I overheard one of the salesmen telling bunch of teenagers, that nissan will not acept their gt-r model to be sold in the same store, as the rest of their cars, as customers should not connect the gt-r with nissan and other cars...

Are there no limit to foolishness?

It may be a fast car, and all of it's Electronics can outgun many sportcars and their drivers. But tha is about the most ugly creation on this planet, since mankind began to Count days.

My postulate is, that in that car, there is very strange phenomenon going on, and that is the absolute lack of beauty, commonsense, respect and knowledge, with a complete lack of understanding what a sportscar is.

If one fills a 40 feet container with rocketfuel and an exhaust and fire it off, it would be better looking.

And it Sells! (to teenagers).

Is it just me getting stone age old, or am I blind or something else?

I don't get it...

Please behold these few Pictures:

Cheers,

Jacques.

ps: That GT-R badge is actually full of led's... Believe it or not!

And then n to someone who  understood it all (a few of many):

With sporting regards,

Jacques.

post-1034-0-27380100-1407004099.jpg

post-1034-0-03577100-1407004113.jpg

post-1034-0-18574900-1407004131.jpg

post-1034-0-82213700-1407004227.jpg

post-1034-0-29793700-1407004244.jpg

post-1034-0-09884100-1407004260.jpg

post-1034-0-30009800-1407004273.jpg

As a funny add-on to that experience, I stood beside the GT-R adn with my hand I measured the hight to almost top of chest.

I know my Esprit levels at my waist belt.

The salesman just looked at me, without any trace of understanding ;)

And they shall inherit the Earth?

Sports salutes,

Jacques.

No question, the GT-R is about as ugly as they come. But, it is said to be an amazing animal on track and has the numbers to support the claim. In today's world aesthetics seem to have lost against numbers. maybe because looks are subjective and numbers objective. 

agreed. I noticed that too. Seriously fast and conering like not much else. Digital this and that to aid the process. Just what i don't like ;)  Haven't driven one, as it ain't my cup of tea. And should I be offered a trip, I'd kindly pass. Even the R8 audi is better looking, and that is a tt with silicone implants. Though it seems to Work very well.

My take on this is, that there are many well driving cars out there, and that is all fine, but something has got lost in translation from sportscar to Family saloon modern day sportscar. That was my point. Boring boring.

But I kindly ask, are these nice sportscars? And do they involve the driver as I've pleaded for?

V12 salutes,

Jacques.

post-1034-0-76341900-1407014761.jpg

post-1034-0-28463900-1407014775.jpg

post-1034-0-64045500-1407014788.jpg

post-1034-0-17162600-1407014804.jpg

Sorry about the not so good picture. I'll chip in a few more ;)  ;)  ;)

Is it an elegant and still agressive design? Yes.

Is it wide, low and fast? yes.

Does it demand lot's of input and Work from the friver? yes.

Does it bring a smile on ones (tired) face? yes.

Does the driver, after leaving the car, turn around to have one more look? yes.

Is it timeless? yes.

Does it have personality and "soul"? yes.

Please excuse me for the dirty paint, folded mirrors, non polished exhaust and opened front and rear end, as I was making service on it at the time. Corrected by now.

Free roar regards,

Jacques.

post-1034-0-35569300-1407016592.jpg

post-1034-0-14110900-1407016610.jpg

You mentioned something about....an XJ220? Pics pics pics pics!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8