free hit
counters
Correct operation of flasher? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Correct operation of flasher?

Could anyone tell me the correct operation of the headlight flasher?

When I pull the stalk the lights pop up but don't seem to go back down! Maybe I'm just impatient but I end up flashing again and sometimes turn the dipped beam on and off in order to get the pods down.

So, when you pull the stalk how long should the pods stay up for before they go down on their own?

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks,

Mine stay up an embarrassingly long time.

So much so that I don't let people out at junctions even when it helps me   :no

I'll look into it when I get it back from GST and try to find out why they don't go back down properly.

Edited by markw996

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

Not got my car with me to confirm the time, but it definitely long enough to make you feel awkward after flashing some one out. I also suspect that if you single pull and release the flasher that the lights actually flash in the pods just as the lift starts, therefore looking even more odd in that you have just 'lifted' your lights to let them out rather than flashed them. As Mark has said, I really try and avoid this whole situation now which is really sad as I try to be an even more considerate and courteous when in the Esprit than the daily driver.

Be great if the time the pods stay up could be significantly shortened somehow.