free hit
counters
Why no Stevens/SE die-cast or scale models? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Why no Stevens/SE die-cast or scale models?

shadeone

For as much exposure as the Stevens era esprits got in popular culture like Pretty Woman and Basic Instinct and all those old school computer games and amiga games, you'd think that there would be more focus on creating some sort of scaled down representation of these cars instead of the newer V8s....

The only two things Ive seen that feature these cars was a remote control 1991 esprit with chrome Route wheels, (ill find the picture tonight on my other computer) and a grey metal highwing SE that was featured from Shell sportscar series metal models....

How does one go about getting a car produced by someone like autoart or whatever?

shade

edit: I guess I forgot about the SMTS resin model:

EspritModels_01.jpg

Edited by shadeone

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For as much exposure as the Stevens era esprits got in popular culture like Pretty Woman and Basic Instinct and all those old school computer games and amiga games, you'd think that there would be more focus on creating some sort of scaled down representation of these cars instead of the newer V8s....

The only two things Ive seen that feature these cars was a remote control 1991 esprit with chrome Route wheels, (ill find the picture tonight on my other computer) and a grey metal highwing SE that was featured from Shell sportscar series metal models....

How does one go about getting a car produced by someone like autoart or whatever?

shade

This is gonna upset you, but i've got a 'pull back and go' die-cast SE turbo, in red.

:blink:

Is it true that Giugiaro suffered an awful lot of paper cuts while styling the G-car?

Back atcha Wayne...

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

well the shell sportscars version has the pullback mechanism...

the only red version ive seen of this was one that looked hand painted on ebay last week.

shade

I've got 2 red and 2 silver pull back SE's. THe red cars are properly painted. They're ok models, except for the width, as Paul mentioned and the scale of the back wheels.

There's also a Monogram X180 Stevens which looks ok, they are rare though. There was one on ebay a while back, Bibs bagsed it first.

espritturbo-images.jpg

lotusespritturbo.jpg

Sport 300 plastic model. I have one of these too.

b8_1_b.JPG

What scale is that model Travis?

I asked exactly the same question about the Stevens models on the AutoArt V8 DOA thread elsewhere... I'd

be very keen for a 1:18 model.

Years ago, I got a quote for an X1/9 model before AutoArt brought out their range. Would have cost a lot more than what the real car was worth at the time. Can be done though...

There's a model-maker on here making a scale working Bond submarine... Maybe worth a try?

i guess there was also a yellow one:

Esprit%201-38%20Maisto.jpg

for those who dont know, smts also built a sport 300 in 1/43 scale in addition to their SE.. both are currently out of production

Esprit%20Sport%20300%20SMTS%201-43%20300.jpg

also, more turbo (non-SE) stuff....

summer made a reaaaaally crappy little toy

Esprit%20S4%20Summer%20300.jpg

and so did tootsie toy

Esprit%20Tootsie%20300.jpg

a company called alezan also made a 1/43 turbo resin kit:

Esprit%201-43%20Alezan%20silver.jpg

shade

There's also a Monogram X180 Stevens which looks ok, they are rare though. There was one on ebay a while back, Bibs bagsed it first.

espritturbo-images.jpg

lotusespritturbo.jpg

I got two of them, one that I already built and one still in the cellophane wrapper :blink:

Very nicely detailed. Detailed engine, exhaust system, suspension & interior. You could separate the shell from the backbone chassis to give full view on the engine and suspension.

esprit_1.gif

No, I won't sell... :lol: B)

Edited by jimmybondi

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

The sport 300 is 1:24 scale.

It's a very accurate model imo even down to the engine (although there are some serious errors with it - ie inboard brakes !?! and what looks like a Citroen gearbox). I've actually used mine to plan out mods on the car - pictures of the chassis are here :

http://www.espritgt3.com/technical/indepth/chassis/index.htm

Still a die cast 1:18th would be superb - theres the S1 / S3 then a huge gap until the V8 now

facebook = [email protected]

There are 3 models available from Lotus in Stevens style, part numbers LOTMOD0115/16/17 available from the factory webstore (new stock on order).

Gooner.

You can see them here :blink:

http://www.lotuswebstore.com/index.asp?fun...AT&catid=13

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

good news people..... i emailed autoart with a very lengthy writeup on why the SE should be their next lotus model... they responded simply with "can you send some good pictures of the SE"???

*crosses fingers*

they are getting a LOAD of pictures thrown at them today :lol:

shade

Shade,

what's their email? If a few of us mail, might show them there's some demand.

Yeah thats a good idea Mark i would like to have a model of the S4s (obviously in black) so maybe we should all blast them(Autoart) with a emails and maybe just maybe they may oblige.worth a try

Nick S4s

Edited by fflyingdog

Simplest things first.