Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LF1 Registry - Page 31 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LF1 Registry

delands

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If any LF1 owners own one of the the following Victory Numbers, could you kindly post a photo of your plaque.

16 - 1964 Zandvoort, Holland

23 - 1965 Zandvoort, Holland

34 - 1968 Mexico City, Mexico

37 - 1970 Monaco, Monte Carlo

42 - 1970 Watkins Glen, United States (https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0817-299856/2015-lotus-exige-lf1-v-6-cup/)

51 - 1973 Paul Ricard, France

63 - 1977 Monza, Italy

64 - 1978 Beunos Aires, Argentina

65 - 1978 Kyalami, South Africa

66 - 1978 Zolder, Belgium

67 - 1979 Jarama, Spain

11 left to complete the set!!!😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, cyberespion said:

I asked the seller, it's a mistake: the car is the #16.

can you ask him to post a photo of the plaque, number 16 is one that is missing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi chaps! Thinking of selling mine-its mint, 3,700 miles with larini exhaust and schroth harnesses, plus custom car cover.

Just don't drive it enough-exiges in general looking pretty scarce on line. No idea of value though? 

Been looking at A GR Yaris-drove one today-whilst it has its flaws its another unusual car, albeit one I may drive a little more.

Thoughts?

Should add its no.43.

Edited by Nic Ford

• Gold FFM

I guess you would enjoy GR ownership short term but long term regret selling the LF1. 

LF1, having bought mine in March 2021, is vying with S1 Elise as the greatest Lotus road car I have driven. I cannot fault it for power, drama, aesthetics, poise and sheer style. 

Your low miler is I am sure highly desirable but it makes me wistful that you have not enjoyed driving it much. I have done 2000 miles in 3 months.

Get out and use it - but if it is just going to sit there, best move on. 3 have sold lately, all quickly so you won't have trouble finding a new owner. Must be worth late £40's privately. 

Justin 

The GR is a great car (running mine in at the moment), but it will never have that Lotus feeling or sense of occasion, but as you say, likely to get more use.  

Life is too short not to try the GR if you fancy it, I doubt you will lose much money on it.  You can get back in to an Exige again if it doesn’t work out ... you will want another one in time, that’s for sure 😁

Thanks for your replies.

I drove the GR again yesterday-it feels such a fun little car. I've put a deposit down on one.

Unfortunately this means the LF1 is now up for sale. I love the car, but I simply don't drive it enough-somebody else will get to enjoy it and I'm happy with that.

I recently retired early so financially it will actually help (I dont plan to work again!).

That said, I have plenty of time to sell and so I've priced it accordingly.

These cars are rare and beautiful, and I'll be very sad to see it go eventually.

Congratulations on the retirement!  Car looks great in the ad, good luck with the sale.

What colour/spec GR did you go for?

9 minutes ago, fnomis said:

Congratulations on the retirement!  Car looks great in the ad, good luck with the sale.

What colour/spec GR did you go for?

Cheers mate-I need to take some more pics which will hopefully go up later today. 

Red, circuit pack-although I loved the flat white too -car will land this time next year so really no rush to sell LF1.

I have a Fiesta St-and there is of course an option to sell that instead and somehow keep the LF1-hence why I will want good money for it in order to let it go. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2021 at 11:07, Nic Ford said:

cheers-will get it up there later today.

Well, the car sold pretty quickly-lots of interest over the week or so it was on pistonheads.

Decent bloke from Luton purchased it from me.

I thouroughly enjoyed owning it and I hope he does too.

Now I have an empty garage!

• 6 months later...
On 15/02/2021 at 13:04, PaulLF1 said:

If any LF1 owners own one of the the following Victory Numbers, could you kindly post a photo of your plaque.

16 - 1964 Zandvoort, Holland

23 - 1965 Zandvoort, Holland

34 - 1968 Mexico City, Mexico

37 - 1970 Monaco, Monte Carlo

42 - 1970 Watkins Glen, United States (https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0817-299856/2015-lotus-exige-lf1-v-6-cup/)

51 - 1973 Paul Ricard, France

63 - 1977 Monza, Italy

64 - 1978 Beunos Aires, Argentina

65 - 1978 Kyalami, South Africa

66 - 1978 Zolder, Belgium

67 - 1979 Jarama, Spain

11 left to complete the set!!!😉

Hi there.

#16 is in North Yorkshire. Its one of 5 lotus I own. There's a Fb group page called Lotus Exige LF1 Owners. Thers seems to be a few different minor factory spec differences and a fair few mods to share photos and info on

Regards

Phil 

inbound4686249982592022128.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

and not the last of the build run either!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...