free hit
counters
Tuned - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What the hell ladies no comments ?

Seriously ... a home built Lotus smokes a 950 hp GTR, the best of the best and you guys say nothin....????

I think it's fast enough…maybe

You need to eat something Frank - couldn't hear the commentary for your stomach rumbling!! :P;)

You still coming over next month matey?

Edited by Junks

Nah the trip is off....too much of a hassle for the wifie runnin all over the country. She's not into a road trip vacation on the wrong side of the road in thhe rain..

I shot that with my phone in the wind....

Is 'home built' different in the USA? Over here it means this...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/6152-1981-s3-v8-conversion/

and all the work is done pretty much 'in house'. Hilly didn't even have a garage, most of his work was done on the driveway!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Feel free to ask my wife if she would like the washer and drier back from their current duty from a work bench and if she could park in the drive way sometime in the near future....

When you see the video you will agree with me when I say Hilly had a much better working enviorment...

But who the hell is pickin fuckin nits ?

Good job Hilly :thumbsup:

There is a thumb's up on the back side.

post-8085-0-42576100-1331837288.jpg

Edited by ronin

Nah the trip is off....too much of a hassle for the wifie runnin all over the country. She's not into a road trip vacation on the wrong side of the road in thhe rain..

I shot that with my phone in the wind....

That's a shame Frank - was looking forward to meeting you at last!! Another time maybe ;)

You're obviously very proud of your car and it's a hell of an accomplishment. All I saw in the video was someone talking to the camera. I much prefer your videos of you driving your car.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Oh that was just me getting a little teaser video up, I haven't seen the episode so I'm wondering what it will be like myself...

It will be up Tomorrow morning I've been told... I do know it didn't blow up.

You gotta learn to share Ronin. :rolleyes:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Enjoyed that :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

:respect:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Here is the updated Tuned version..enjoy

I really enjoyed that...

Its a shame that Matt Farah isn't hosting a motoring show on the real TV in the UK. his passion and enthusiasm are infectious. If you have any contact details for him pass on my regards.

nice car too just imagine how much faster it would be in Azure Blue! ;)

The Goat Track warrior

Twitter @radioRedwards

OOOOOOu azure blue with orange rims..... I think you should just post a responce on the You Tube channel.

He and his crew were really nice guys and true gearheads, it's a shame they had to limit tech questions and edited them out due to the short time they are allowed....

Who knows maybe a part 2 with the Hennessey Lotus ? Oh wait he doesn't call it a Lotus.

WOW! "Bastard crazy Lotus" I thoroughly enjoyed watching that. Even if that had to dim down the tech talk on your car Frank, it was still a great insight into the work you and Mike have done over the years.

I am aware that opinions of Frank on forums various are often abrasive but this episode should put people in the right place. Clearly passionate about motor vehicles and has enough real life experience to know what works on the road.

I love to see videos like these. I thought it was filmed and edited together very tastefully and just leaves you wanting to see more.

Thanks Frank

There is so much more on tape but they have time constraints for You Tube....

I thought this was funny..

I just found this :lol:http://jalopnik.com/...ge-in-the-world

2 fast 2 frögberg Tue 20 Mar 2012 3:59 PM

BOOK OF LOTUS, CHAPTER 6

Lo, and the Lord gave unto Profera a Lotus, and it was good.

"But Lord," said Profera, "this Exige isn't fast enough."

And the Lord gave unto Profera a turbo, which displaced the supercharger. And it was good.

"But Lord," said Profera, "this Exige still isn't fast enough."

And the Lord gave unto Profera a bigger turbo. And it was good.

"But Lord," said Profera, "this Exige still isn't fast enough."

"Jesus, Frank!", said the Lord, "what how fast do you want that thing?!"

"I don't want to wait for it to pull and I don't ever want it to stop pulling," said Profera.

And the Lord said, "Sorry, Frank, I'm out of ideas."

And Profera was woebegone.

And the Devil appeared and said unto Profera, "Psst, hey Frankie! Back in the 80's, we did some crazy shit. People were going so crazy fucking fast that they were disintegrating. It was awesome!"

Profera said, "What do I need to do?"

The Devil showed Profera that the supercharger AND the turbocharger could live and work in concert and create transmission melting power that sent his Exige to mind-numbing speeds.

And Profera drove his creation happily with instant power that never ceased, and it was good.

Evora NA

Great car,

What is the lifespan on the engine?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Lifespan ? Who knows since I just rebuilt the entire engine due to snaped piston wrist pins that had no HP rating. They have been up graded with the best Carrillo has to offer for their rods...No one has ever snapped the wrist pins..

Zero issues due to tuning..

It's like this, I've broken every part in the engine so far.....here's the good news....I've never broken the same part twice. It's all R$D.

So I guess it's smooth sailin now.... :smoke:

They should have given me Swizzle's job.... :whistle:

Would have made sense if they wanted to sell cars that have had every engine component fail! Imagine the warranty costs! :lol:

Evora NA

Dude I did the R$D it's more than I can say for you..... :harhar: