free hit
counters
Tuned - Page 17 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

That engine is definitely metamorphosing into a gas turbine. I remember seeing the Renault F1 V6 turbo...somewhere in amongst the plumbing was a gas generator with pistons....and the Wright Turbo Compound radial aircraft engine had power turbines driven from the exhaust and geared to the crankshaft. This sort of thing is only about one step further on than Frank is at the moment...(!)

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

:censored: no I'm done reinventing the wheel.... But it really does look cool just sittin there.

I have gotta finish this sucker before I can't get my old ass in and out of it.. 

I think it's fast enough…maybe

That's the right mindset. We're all getting older too fast. Aging is about the only thing I would rather do slower.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

That's the right mindset. We're all getting older too fast. Aging is about the only thing I would rather do slower.

just as I said there in our local forum about the high-class collectors watches    ..so just don't by expensive watches then ..as the time on cheap ones tend to stop more often  ;)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Frank what is it you do for a job? I guessed owning a mechanic shop?

Buddsy

I've been retired for a while now, I did have an auto service shop that turned in to an exotic dealership. Selling off the biz and all my rally cars back in 96 after some serious spinal surgery. Then after gettin my self back together I started a charter sailboat biz with me being the capt. Now I'm just a bum screwin with this stupid Lotus.

The car is at my buddy Mike Stafford's shop out in Lancaster Ca., it's just a hole in the wall under equipped one man fab shop but Mike is a great welder and will do what ever wacko idea I come up with even if he thinks I'm nuts..... We're good friends and believe it or not work well together as long as it's done my way... I give half the credit to this project to Mike, without him and his skills this would never be.

This will be a RS 211   Ronin/Stafford 211 when done.

Cool that's a nice life style you got there. Enough money/sunshine/time to indulge in these things!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

You have my permission click away....

This engine looks insane! I would ask you for the bhp count but I'm a bit afraid to read the number!

Thanks it's just 680 whp..

:scared:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So hum, 680 bhp at the wheels in a car that weighs... not quite 800 kg!!! :nuke:

Ok, uh! Shall I ask about  torque figures! Don't think so...

What gearbox will be able to cope with this thing?

I want to have a look at the diffuser you bolt to that monster!

Ronin you maniac! :ph34r:

That's actually a compliment even though it may not sound like it!

Less than 1 WHP per Kilo weight. Frank, could you need more POWER! Definitely :rofl:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I'm done building anything... The body goes back on tomorrow after the brake and cooling lines are run... I can't believe it's almost a year since being hit by that dam Porsche on 4/14/12.. Man I have aged since then..

In my youth...

post-8085-0-52436400-1363311306.jpg

as long as you can still find your 'happy pills' all is OK  ;)

Screw the pills I'm lookin for my keys...  :smoke:

New engine and electrical harnesses are in along with brake and clutch lines, water lines are next and then it back together... :thumbsup:

post-8085-0-26384600-1363441872.jpg

post-8085-0-61459400-1363441904.jpg

post-8085-0-06489400-1363441929.jpg

This imo has been one of the best start to finish projects we've had posted. The updates/photos have been interesting and informative. I bet even you Frank must be excited but just a touch apprehensive at how the finished article will look and perform. I'm kind of imagineing a rather large grin across your face. You got to get somebody to film the start up and first drive!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I'm going nuts waiting to finish this. I know how good it looks to my eye and it will just be mental on the road but I found out last week that I need to have two separate spine surgeries in the very near future.. :censored:

I really hope I can get in and out of this sucker not to mention drive it when they're done... To do all this and not be able to drive it is would make me nuts.

Edited by ronin

Add a hoist to the roll cage...as used by knights in full armour to mount their chargers!! A bit difficult if going down the pub, but workable for the canyons. Always assuming the spine can take the shock loads... I can see no impediment so large as to stop you from enjoying your beast!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

The funny thing is I do have a nice block and tackle setup for my old Porsche hard top still hangin from the garage ceiling, all I'll need is a climbing harness... :help:

Tell me have have remembered to get Swizz Beats in for the official unveiling!  :harhar:  

Getting very close and like you and every one else I cant wait to see this bad boy in action!

Buddsy  :unworthy:

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Danny and Swizzel will be there in spirt, to quote the Swizz "That's Not Lotus no mo".. :w00t:

Mike and Mitch hard at work and new location for easy battery access through the right front wheel 

well..

post-8085-0-87700200-1363621374.jpg

post-8085-0-19220400-1363621408.jpg

Dash layout AIM and AEM wideband and serial guage.

post-8085-0-37384300-1363621485.jpg