free hit
counters
Tuned - Page 18 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lied.....    

It was my first time back in the saddle last night since the surgery and the first time at speed in over a year... The changed gear ratios are spot on and the car is just fuckin mental fast...   

Happens to the best of us, Frank.

Posted Images

A magnificent piece of work!! Good luck with the surgery, Frank...I've seen the developments on your build blog...bon courage!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Really lookin' good Frank! Get that beast into the canyons!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Thanks guys, I get to see another surgeon on Monday to see what the game plan will be. I may have to come up with my own custom Hans device now that it should be on the road this coming week.....

It's hard to believe I put all this work into my stupid little Lotus over the years... I'll be driving this sucker like a mad man even if I have to bolt my freakin skull to the head rest..

post-8085-0-01878000-1364654037.jpg

Edited by ronin

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Looking very nice :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Best of luck with the surgeries. Liz has had an L4~L5 laminectomy. If she hadn't, she would no longer be walking. Best thing she has done. (Her own words)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Glad to hear she's fine, I had C5 C6 laminectomy 16 yrs ago and some clean up on C4 C3 C2. I was fine up until 6 mo. ago and now it's C6 C7 again with auto fusing of C5 C6 C7 and excessive movement of C2 C3 pinching on the cord and a huge disc bulge in T4...

I feel like I'm the Tin Man lookin for an oil can...

This thing has turned out fantastic Frank!  I was just on Mulholland today thinking to myself how cool it would be to see the car running in anger.  Hope to see or hear it soon in its natural element :driving:

If the only thing constant is change, then why do we resist change the most?

Frank ..see it with a happy eye  -if the surgery does not work well, go there sit in your car and let the doctor lock your spline into this position :D

..this way you can still do what you like most, and to get you in & out there is always the engine-crane a option ..right 

Good luck old boy !

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I have no worries about the surgeries not working, I'm just pissed that I have to do them and the dam down time between them and driving the dam car.

I've already figured out a superlight weight helmet and Hans setup along with rear view video screen.

Life is too short to get bummed out, this is just a fuckin speed bump so I'll just slow down till I get over it and then it's peddle to the metal....

I'm lucky to have Toni by my side...

:thumbup: nice way to be, good luck with the op Frank :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I got some good news after seeing the top neurosurgeon in LA yesterday. I won't need fusion of C2/C3 or any work on T4, after his study of my tests. T4 will be a wait and see how the disc evolves.

I will still need a major laminectomy and tuneup on all 7 cervical vertebrae. So I'm waiting for the first available surgery date and then it's slice and dice time to fillet my neck and remove the barnacles from my bones....

Now to get this sucker out of the shop..

That's got to be good news....can't wait for the beast's first outing!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Something you may need to consider Frank is a laminectomy on all the C's is going to take away a lot of your ability to twist at your neck. I presume you will be using 5 point harnesses in the car and then having to wear a helmet as well, is this going to restrict your vision to the sides?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

My Doc says I should be fine with his approach to the surgery.. He is the best of the best in LA. Cedars Sinai Spine Center.

My old laminectomy left me with a little restriction but time will tell, it's not like I have a choice...

I guess I'll have to drive the Lotus like my old Miura, just look for an opening up ahead and floor it if I want to change lanes.  :smoke: