free hit
counters
Tuned - Page 21 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lied.....    

It was my first time back in the saddle last night since the surgery and the first time at speed in over a year... The changed gear ratios are spot on and the car is just fuckin mental fast...   

Happens to the best of us, Frank.

Posted Images

You guys are gonna get me in trouble with my ol lady... I've gotta still heal up and not push things and take a step backwards. Dr. visit on Monday to get the ok to start physical therapy. Not that I haven't started on my own.. :whistle:

I did send the car back to the painter for finish color sanding since it needed time to cure properly. I figure after all this effort I want the paint job to be perfect on this sucker....

Off to the painter.

post-8085-0-08764800-1368631711.jpg

post-8085-0-53594800-1368631762.jpg

post-8085-0-62900200-1368631788.jpg

I think it's fast enough…maybe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was my first time back in the saddle last night since the surgery and the first time at speed in over a year...

The changed gear ratios are spot on and the car is just fuckin mental fast...  :help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG9HZi0YBVo

• Like 1

That does look fairly quick! Sounds lush too :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It was a little spooky with only eye glasses on at speed so I was short shiftin and didn't want to screw the pooch by doin something stupid to my new clutch and after not really driving this car in over a year things were so different but familiar at the same time.

And the pull is just totally mental.

Glad to see you're back in the right seat. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  

I'm sure that all speed limits were adhered to :getmecoat:  and I'm glad you didn't meet any of these :police:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Thanks dudes, it's good to be back in the saddle again.

Here is a little shakedown cruise I did this afternoon.... So much grip and just too dam fuckin cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGcIfg2PPBg

Edited by ronin
  • Like 1

Now that really looks like FUN :thumbsup:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Any closed car is going to feel like a simulator after driving THAT!! What a creation...I'd purely love to hear it angry....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

After being without the Exige for over a year it's hard to say... Does it feel better hell yes, does the 98*f weather and sun baking down on you while in bumper to bumper traffic suck, hell yeah.

It feels insane and scary but so cool... It just flys and demands respect at all times.... The video looks like a game for the first time. 

Front bumper cam always gives an interesting perspective (well you don't have a bumper, but anyway)... Finding a good camera mount seems to be the bigggest problem you have left. The first video was a bit shaky, got me all foncused.

Anyway, wish I had a chance to drive those canyons once in my life.

Come on over and see them first hand, I'll give ya a tour. I used a small Contour camera on the same mount I had my Sony HD camera on and it was perfect. So it's Contours on the car from now on.

So while I was doing my shakedown up on Mulholland yesterday I stopped to shoot the breeze with the guys at the lookout. After a while a nice green old 65 Elan pulls in and it's Jay Leno. He automatically get's the fan swarm and in a minute he's walkin over to look at the RS211.... So it's now a case of I'll show you mine if you show me yours first... :D

So Jay takes off his bonnet to show me his new alloy block 2 ltr.  very nice I say and now let me show ya a nice little 1.8 ltr. :smoke:

As soon as I tilt the rear clam he asks me to come down to his garage to do a video for his You Tube channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMELFlXQL38KPm8kM-4Adg

I guess I'll have to go to Burbank now ehh ? 

Really cool Frank! I have watched his Elan vids before, he really loves his little Lotus's and I think it would make a great film for you and him but also for the promotion of Lotus. Knock em dead!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777