free hit
counters
Tuned - Page 23 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The side naca ducts feed the side mounted engine radiators... The slits up front feed the side mounted charge cooler heat exchangers .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Kooks like the 711 has become inspiration for Komo-Tec. The're putting an Audi 2.0 TFSI engine with a dual-clutch gearbox. in a Lotus  211: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.589171454460643.1073741826.252159444828514&type=1

A great engine that has been known for its immense tuning potential and a very smart gearbox that can also be easily tuned.

Looks like they haven't done anythimg to the car's body though.

That's nice but they seem to forget grip as it is the most important part... The Audi will make great power but it is peaky, without the  grip it's just wheel spin and a loss of control...

I built my car around the tires.. :smoke:

I'm with you on that, but KomoTec has to keep the results street legal in Germany. That extremely limits their options (but at least the owner gets the chance to verify top speed).

Seriously you have to be a complete ass hat if you care about top speed in a 211.

I did the math on my car and it comes out to a theoretical top speed of 217mph at 8,500 rpm.

There is no way in hell I want to travel that fast in my car.

Edited by ronin

To make the car street legal you will have to prove that it is safe at any achievable speed. So, if the car would do 217 mph (you'll probably need to subtract quite bit for aerodynamics) you'll have to prove that its safe to do it!

And I know a few  "complete ass hats" that would want to verify it.

To make the car street legal you will have to prove that it is safe at any achievable speed. 

Not here you dont! Is that just Germany?

Buddsy

Not here you dont! Is that just Germany?

Buddsy

It is part of the TUEV requirements in Germany. Since there is no speed limit the car has to be safe at any speed it can reach.

One of the reasons why the Egige V6 roaster has a significantly lower (and limited) speed than the hardtop.

Edited by TBD

New twin disc race clutch , new complete paint job and one serious  attitude ..

post-8085-0-08650900-1376279177.jpg

post-8085-0-30834500-1376279212.jpg

Put a Lotus badge on the front, then it's perfect :)

I've asked Lotus a number of times to give me large Lotus decals to put on the car and got zip response from them..

Let's see how much brand recognition this builds over its exposure on the web...Too bad..

Let's just say the steering got very light..... :censored:  I didn't think it would spin the 13" wide 345 slicks so easily.

I've asked Lotus a number of times to give me large Lotus decals to put on the car and got zip response from them..

Let's see how much brand recognition this builds over its exposure on the web...Too bad..

That's a real shame. 

Presumably they thought it might confuse the dim-witted buying public (us)?

I understand that what you've done bears almost no relation to anything you can buy from Lotus but it's an extreme demonstration of what the chassis is capable of and one of the most bad-ass cars on the planet. Can't see that it would have done the Lotus brand any harm whatsoever.

That's a real shame. 

Presumably they thought it might confuse the dim-witted buying public (us)?

I understand that what you've done bears almost no relation to anything you can buy from Lotus but it's an extreme demonstration of what the chassis is capable of and one of the most bad-ass cars on the planet. Can't see that it would have done the Lotus brand any harm whatsoever.

I guess Lotus figure the Renault F1 car offers better brand identification.. It's so hard to see the 211 in my build I guess ?

So from now on when I get the question asked so many times, "who makes Lotus ?" my answer will be "I do".  :secret:

post-8085-0-22511500-1376401940.png

post-8085-0-33256400-1376401995.jpg

Over half a billion people watch F1 Frank, and out of them over half a billion think our friends in Norfolk make F1 cars still...

I've got some nice stickers I could send you :D

I'll take em.. Maybe I should call it a Mongoose and hunt down "venomous snakes".  :smoke:

The Tuned video is at 1,860,000 views alone. Who knows how many sites have it linked and copied ?

I know that the Lotus Cars channel has zip for views.

Lotus Marketing need to get with the program..

Edited by ronin

There's no denying that!

PM your address, I'll get 'em in the post :)

Now that is a good move! Frank, we're all going to demand a photo when they are mounted.

Edited by TBD

Did you ever hear of the chap who fitted a Rolls Royce engine from a Spitfire in an old Rolls Royce car and they sued him as they said it wasnt a Rolls Royce?

You're lucky DBs not in charge now or he'd send Swizzle Stick round to purify the brand!  :police:

Buddsy  :fun:

I so wanted to meet Danny and the Swiz... Now two has-beens and all anyone can remember is Danny who and what the hell is a Swiz... Beats the hell out of me.. :smoke: