free hit
counters
Tuned - Page 24 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Tuned

Great video.

Looks completely insane in the best possible way. Sounds really good too, mind you the 2ZZGE unit always did, but the turbo whooshes and wastegate chatter take it to another level altogether.

I'm jealous of your canyon roads too. We have some nice roads round here but they are infested with dawdlers. So much traffic in the UK we're busting at the seams.

One thing we do have in common though, cyclists ruining our best driving roads!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dude do you think I would eat "a" steak ? I say bring the freakin cow over, I'll cut off what I can eat and then ride the left over home and we'll talk about it..

No stickers in the mail, so it's shooting for Tuned tomorrow morning..  :censored:

I think it's fast enough…maybe

They're being made! I'll send them over when I get them :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've postponed the video shoot for today. It seems they don't have any commercial insurance and there is no way I want to put my car or myself in an awkward position. Oh well.

I found it odd that asking to see their Commercial General Liability Policy to cover the car and themselves wasn't part of their plan.

That is nuts. All their journo's should be (in the UK) covered under a blanket policy. Trouble is, if something did happen too, how would you value your car?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I put a $225,000.00 value on it. The man hours alone over the past year are nuts. But more importantly is the liability I would face if he drove off a cliff and killed himself under my personal coverage.

Guest surferphil

Every insurance policy here I have had has explicitly said that filming is not covered by the policy. I suspect it's the same there?

Expecting you to insure for them is very dodgy!  :huh:

He did get back to me and said he would get an independent policy to cover the car but we'll see what happens. 

This came to mind..  http://swns.com/news/motoring-journalist-forced-pay-110k-porsche-owner-test-drive-blew-engine-30381/

And when Matt commented that the owner of the car was a dick I began to have second thoughts about the professionalism of the whole deal..

There's a lot of back-story to the Mark Hales case.

That said, makes A LOT of sense to agree up front who is responsible for what in terms of coverage and liability and ideally you'll be liable for none of it. 

Evora NA

I'm sure there are two sides to that story but that's why as a professional you have insurance....

A few years ago there was a show filmed on my boat and before the first bit of equipment came aboard I was handed an insurance policy to cover any and all damages..

Photos were taken by the production team of the boat before and after the filming.

And yes there were some damage done and covered without question..

Better safe than sorry I say....

Edited by ronin
  • Like 1

Guest surferphil

Bazza has a horror story from one of his experiences with a certain British magazine. I won't be doing any press any favours.

I respect you for making sure they get their act together.

Well the Tuned part 2 video is in the shitter.

I just got this from Matt Farah :

Hi Frank-
   Based on my recent conference call with JF and multiple calls to insurance brokers this morning, we have decided not to film your car for Tuned.

Drive safe

I guess his own personal driving record killed his ability to get the required insurance.. :secret:

And now on to the Jay Leno Garage show, they have at least sent me the proper professional documentation and insurance coverage.. I guess there is a difference between You Tube and NBC Universal  :B)
Edited by ronin
  • Like 1

I thought Drive were very well funded by YouTube? Perhaps not!

Evora NA

I don;t know.....Why would they let Matt Drive the Henessey that is supposedly worth at least (according to Henessey) four times that amount?  Unless Henessey Isn't that thorough and had not asked for what Frank is asking for?  

It could be that the insurance company is timid about the valuation. 

If the only thing constant is change, then why do we resist change the most?

Guest surferphil

Valuation has nothing to do with it as you agree valuation and insurance is based on it. He probably does not have insurance for any car they test drive, it's just Frank was clever enough to ask..

^^^^ Right you are, they have zero insurance and have no intention of ever purchasing any.

When I mentioned the 917 engine failure this was the response:

Dude if that happened I would be the one in trouble, not you. You'd be the dick suing me, which the entire community has crucified for putting this journalist in the poor house.

But as always journalist get the facts wrong... Sure if the journalist had any funds to back up his fuck up [dream on] and the owner is now a dick because he was smart enough to cover his ass and in doing so he becomes the dick.

The funny thing is this reminds me of a time in Florida while working on my boat, in the slip next to me was a beautiful sailing vessel with a crew of four. While I was on my knees covered in teak caulking redoing my decks  the capt. of the other boat asked me "when is the fuckin owner coming back"... He was in shock when I said, " I am the fuckin owner".

That seems to be the attitude of auto journalists when they aren't asking for your keys. :(

Edited by ronin