free hit
counters
Tuned - Page 25 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Tuned

I know a photographer that offered to do a personal photo and video shoot for a few bucks. I think I'll give him a call and see what I can do to get a decent video made for you tube Lotus fans...

Who needs a fat bald guy that knows nothing about the car driving it anyway ?   :smoke:

• Like 1

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Guest surferphil

I think that's the best thing you could do, I was very unimpressed by their Esprit V8 test, the guy driving could not even operate a manual gear box and stalled a few times trying to pull away in 3rd. 

Only factory which has timers on the toilets so you couldn't spend more then 2 mins having a sit down before the lights went out!

I digress...

Buddsy

Well I don't think that's necessarily just the boss' fault; I worked in an office block in Bristol and they had timers in the toilet lighting and now and again I'd get a call asking me to go into the toilets so the lights would go on, a colleague was stuck in the cubicle in the dark. 

I know a photographer that offered to do a personal photo and video shoot for a few bucks. I think I'll give him a call and see what I can do to get a decent video made for you tube Lotus fans...

Who needs a fat bald guy that knows nothing about the car driving it anyway ?   :smoke:

I'd be happy to help where I can mate :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some times ya need everything ya got just to slow things down a bit...  :help:

Just lifting the skirts to give a little peek..... The Lotus was like a Japanese school girl and the Ultima was like an old hooker...  :smoke:

• 3 weeks later...

I put a Kaaz close ratio gear set in the RS211 last week and the car came to life in a way that is hard to imagine, it is always in peak torque and the throttle response if just nuts..... Top speed is now 164 mph down from 226 mph.

Who needs a car that can go 226 mph ?   :w00t:

I canceled the Jay Leno video shoot for this saturday. There are just too many trolls in the Youtube comments section and without editing control it just becomes a circus of trolls...

I'll do my own build video and at least I know how to drive the car. :smoke:

Very smart! 

A few months in are you happy with the car or have you any more plans? 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Guest surferphil

Just lifting the skirts to give a little peek..... The Lotus was like a Japanese school girl and the Ultima was like an old hooker...  :smoke:

Lol! That sentence is so wrong and yet so right at the same time!

• Like 1

I have another set of wheels painted the same anodized aluminum color. I'll take a picture today.

The car is just perfect in the canyons, with the new gearing it is amazing. The power is always in the sweetest spot and the throttle response is mental. The suspension settings are spot on for a car this light on rough roads and the aero is really doing its job to the point of having to look at the GPS to verify the speedo readings due to the car feeling so much slower than the actual speed it's traveling.

The only thing I might play with are the gauges. I'm not a fan of the AIM digital readout. I find my little dyslectic brain having to think about what it is looking at speed. I prefer a nice analog gauge with the pointers at 12:00 when all is right.

I do like the bright white but I would love to see someone with photoshop skills have a go and play with the car to see where to could be taken with a good wrap.  :smoke:  Maybe someone has some free play time to do the car color justice. 

post-8085-0-06144700-1382452468.png

Might need some better pics for that Frank but I'll have a tinker.

It looks great in white too but nice to have a change for change's sake. I thought the battleship grey exige looked the nuts, weapons grade.

And by the way, you've made something way cooler and faster than Ferdinand Porsche ever did!

Been "out of the loop" for 8 months or so, Frank. Some would say that's difficult to do when loopiness is an inherent part of one's makeup, but life's too short to spend it with a straight face 24/7. Anyway, when last I checked on your progress, the car was still in the process of being hewn from the marble block, as it were. Lots of fiberglass motes floating about the desert workshop as your vision slowly came into being. I have to say, having today for the first time had the privilege of viewing the end product of your efforts (both "stills" and video), it is more than evident that your toils have given us a true example of "performance art," and that automotive entrepreneurship is alive and well in SoCal. Hats off to your creative spirit as my vicarious thoughts accompany your canyon escapades.

And I still think you have the CHP in your hip pocket.   :lol:  :unworthy:  

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Thanks for the kind words dude it makes me smile and yes it was worth the effort.

I had my doubts along the way more than any sane man would put up with but I'm a Lotus owner and a bit mental. With that being said there were times just before my spinal surgery I thought I might not be able to drive anything again let alone this stupid Lotus project that consumed me for the past eight years. That was a spooky feeling as I worked on the dam thing every day and finally got it home in the garage the day before I went in to the hospital...

Would I ever do something like this again ? Hell no....  :smoke:

Never cross the centerline they are always watching...

post-8085-0-49482700-1382511963.jpg

How's that testing the gearbox, you only changed gear twice :P

PS I prefer the symphony of cylinders to music, the engine sounds amazing :D

Evora NA

PS I prefer the symphony of cylinders to music, the engine sounds amazing :D

Worse than that, I can't even see the video because the music rights are not available in Germany  :no

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Bibs the changes in the gearing ratios make a big difference with the feel coming out of the corners and the acceleration between, You need to drive this thing to experience the sensations… Come on over and I turn down the boost for ya. :smoke:

Tommy I'm posting up a nice noisy rendition just for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQssrrGrTw4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by ronin

:D 

I'll pack appropriate attire! 

118705.jpg

Evora NA