free hit
counters
Opinions of SJ's own S4s clutch - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Opinions of SJ's own S4s clutch

Has anyone bought one of SJ's S4s clutches, their own version and not the original oe. The price of the whole kit is the price of the original lotus pressure plate.

Are there any other alternatives worth considering?

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

P.U.K Esprit do them but I can't vouch for them.

- As above, but with even higher torque specification, 35% !!
- Feel wise, and as a comparison, it still feels lighter than a stock S4s clutch for example.

lr_SE_35_1.jpg lr_SE_35_2.jpg lr_SE_35_3.jpg lr_SE_35_4.jpg

For Esprit S4s only€ 1150

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

We've had a discussion on here some time ago where Marcus of PUK has no evidence to support this '35%' claim other than the seat of his pants. He's not tested the clutch by any other means, tread carefully. 

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/14213-how-much-for-new-clutch/#entry147900

'Empiric' figures are those obtained by observation, not testing. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Got mine from pnm no issues

Hi Pete

Thanks for your reply. Btw your interior is looking amazing:)

My concern is that the s4 and s4s flywheels and clutches are vastly different in cost.

What I really want is for someone with an S4s to let me know too.

Keep them coming guys

We've had a discussion on here some time ago where Marcus of PUK has no evidence to support this '35%' claim other than the seat of his pants. He's not tested the clutch by any other means, tread carefully.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/14213-how-much-for-new-clutch/#entry147900

'Empiric' figures are those obtained by observation, not testing.

Thanks Bibs. I'll bear that in mind.

I was really hoping that there may be something recent and hence the post.

Cheers

P.U.K Esprit do them but I can't vouch for them.

- As above, but with even higher torque specification, 35% !!

- Feel wise, and as a comparison, it still feels lighter than a stock S4s clutch for example.

lr_SE_35_1.jpg lr_SE_35_2.jpg lr_SE_35_3.jpg lr_SE_35_4.jpg

For Esprit S4s only€ 1150

And just for the clutch (gulp)

Drop 'CHANGES' a PM on here, he's got a solution from Helix which works well in his 412bhp SE! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:thumbup:

Evora NA

Ive just bought a clutch kit from Paul Matty's #185 + VAT which is what everyone else seems to be charging, kit is made by Valeo.  This is the only one Matty's now list.  I did have a chat with Geoff at Esprit Engineering who was selling an uprated one with stronger springs for #200 + VAT, and he said it doesnt really make much difference though and he recommended his #185 + VAT unit.  It seems the only people selling the Lotus clutch is Lotus themselves. 

Fitting it at the weekend so I will let you know.