free hit
counters
Famous Lotus owners - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Famous Lotus owners

Now you mention it I remember that car. :)

He was always better known for his GT40, which he had for ages. I had no idea he had created some sort of uproar over there by publically addmitting he had drove the thing at 186 mph on public roads :(

He must have sold it because of that as its now in the USA. :o

1072-01.JPG

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Think we've had a thread like this in the past (could not spot) but to add I'm sure I remember Kim Wilde driving a Red Turbo Esprit at the start of the 'This is Your Life' show for her dad Marty?

And there was a white Turbo shown quite a few times during Chris Evans' 'Don't Forget Your Toothbrush' show - though I don't think it was his?

I know I've seen Mansells car at Donnington and in photos (Company-Car!) Have always wanted to have seen Senna in one! (as my cars an '87 and he was driving for 'us' then!)

Think the one Mike Reid is in in the Brooklands test book was a loan car?

Oh and there was Mark Thatchers Essex.

Edited by nello

Just watching swap shop ,rembered Noel Edmounds owned a esprit turbo it was as i am sure you can all rember seeing it in the start of the late latr breakfast show .all i can remember ,is that it was Xreg ,probablydry sump ,does any body own it here cheers all . :) mike

Yes, he did. I sat through that crap Swap Shop program on BBC 2 the other day, hoping to see the red Turbo and they didn't play it.

Here

He was always better known for his GT40, which he had for ages. I had no idea he had created some sort of uproar over there by publically addmitting he had drove the thing at 186 mph on public roads :)

I think it had more to do with the fact it was Noel Edmonds than anything else; he seems to be typical of those TV "stars" whose carefully crafted cuddly on-screen personas are at odds with their ruthless nature. At the time of the criticism he was still heavily clouded by that accident which led to the death of a participating viewer, commenting later that "it nearly cost me my career"....yeah, nice one Noel. And all this recent crap about praying to the gods for success enough and it will come true.. :)

And putting my anorak on for a second his red Turbo was a normal 1992 model as it had the BBS wheels, i only remember as I used to switch on purposely to drool at the title sequence .

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

And putting my anorak on for a second his red Turbo was a normal 1992 model as it had the BBS wheels, i only remember as I used to switch on purposely to drool at the title sequence .

A Normal Turbo or normally aspirated? I guess you mean 1982, sorry for being anorakish.

A Normal Turbo or normally aspirated? I guess you mean 1982, sorry for being anorakish.

Proper 1992 GTurbo spec; black bumpers, graphics, beige leather etc, might have had gold centred wheels if memory serves correctly.

Seem to recall his Esprit featuring quite heavily in one of his early TV series - Rhodes Around Britain?

Yes I remember something about that? Was it a Sport300?

Yes I remember something about that? Was it a Sport300?

An S4 i think, seem to remember it hitting the used Esprit market in

not too good a shape, but i could be wrong...

Bros's Esprit was a White Stevens Turbo.

Anneka rice was a Blue S3 i think.

An S4 i think, seem to remember it hitting the used Esprit market in

not too good a shape, but i could be wrong...

Bros's Esprit was a White Stevens Turbo.

Anneka rice was a Blue S3 i think.

Is it bad that I like the thought of Anneka Rice in her Boiler Suit in an Esprit? B)

:blink:

Didn't Clive Owen drive one in Chancer too?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I can also remember one of the characters in Dallas driving a red 'G' Turbo (sorry - really didn't want to admit to watching the above)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Mario Andretti had an S2, of course.i

Frankie Muntz from Malcolm in the middle and several films had an Esprit for a short while according to LEW. He then sold it to the actor who played his brother.

Other famous Esprit drivers that come to mind are WayneB, Fishy and Karl. :D

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

...and there was that Pearl White / Tan interior G-Turbo car from the King of Jordon's collection for sale at Donnington a few years back for

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Errr... to the Mark B's.... 1992 there were very no G Cars going! As t'other Mark B suggested - Don't you mean 1982 or otherwise an S-Car.... Or do you know something we don't?!

I've seen the Anneka Rice car...

It's an ice blue Turbo - Nick Warren was selling it when I bought mine!

It was asdvertised as "Sit where that famous bum once sat!" :)

Thanks Trevor! :)

I was actually famous in Japan when we were in the Top 10 for a few weeks if that counts! :P :P

If INfamous counts, then there's also Slade! :P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Errr... to the Mark B's.... 1992 there were very no G Cars going! As t'other Mark B suggested - Don't you mean 1982 or otherwise an S-Car.... Or do you know something we don't?!

Yes, meant 1982, sorry slip of the finger :)

King Hussein of Jordan bought 12 from my dad in the late 80's, does royalty count as famous?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Mark Thatcher was the original owner of my Essex - there are some grainty photos of him wearing a very cheesy grin with it outside the factory (i will try and post them..)....the seats still feel a bit sticky.. :-))

Mark Thatcher was the original owner of my Essex - there are some grainty photos of him wearing a very cheesy grin with it outside the factory (i will try and post them..)....the seats still feel a bit sticky.. :-))

Didn't Mark Thatcher work for Lotus in the early/mid 80's?

Also that 'Cad' James Hewitt?!?.................they don't half pick 'um! ..........Kimbers?........................