free hit
counters
anti rattle clips/shims ? girling brakes - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

anti rattle clips/shims ? girling brakes

hey guys,not been on for a while due to pressures at work ,time etc but mnaged to get the lotus on the road for a spin last week,at last.anyway front o/s brake caliper was seized so ended up with two recon calipers,flexi pipes etc.prob needed to be done anyway for long term use.but,upon re inserting the pads I noticed that the anti rattle springs were missing from the o/s.are these available ?? cant see any via the usual sources at all,but they are definitely a must as there is one hell of a bloody rattle without em.could make some out of ss at a push(may have to in fact) but obviously rather obtain some as a preference

cheers guys/gals

steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you use the ones from your original calipers that you are replacing?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I believe SJ Sportscars stock them...I was looking at ordering some just recently. I also have a few bits missing O/S...

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

hi all,no ramjet I cant.they were missing from the original calipers.I always had a bit of a rattle,but I think that the only thing with the old calipers was that the pads were rusted to the sliding bit .its basically 2 clips per pad and also on the sliding part of the caliper there is another clip.vanya thanks for the response.i shall recheck sj's website and email steve as well .if he doesn't stock them,and I don't think he does,then maybe he can point me in the right direction.i cannot,still,believe that these were fitted at some point with the clips omitted ! guesss some previous owner lost them or they were broken ?

thanks ,steve