free hit
counters
Need oil return pipe, turbo to sump D910E0990J - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Need oil return pipe, turbo to sump D910E0990J

For my GT3, but I believe it's identical on early models.  Anyone got a reasonable example hidden away?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.goodridge.net were the OEM supplier I believe, try them :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Whatever you do don't replace with anything other that the Lotus original, it holds the turbo up :-).

I'll have a look in my garage as I've just had an idea.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Hahaha!  What are you gonna come up with next?  Going outside now to fit the head, pop round for a brew, with your 'idea'...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Have you tried the usual suspects like Lotus bits to see if they have one laying around.

Trevor makes a good point though.

Just incase the new manifold does snap it'd be worth having a structural oil return pipe to catch everything. Just make it from 321 and it should be fine.

Chunky Lover

Unfortunately drawn a blank on this so far but not giving up yet. I think yours is ok for now so we can sort something out at a later date. See you tomorrow pm.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• 1 year later...

Did you get anywhere with this? Is it possible to make up an alternative with components as kicking on £200 seems a lot for a pipe!

D910E0990F.jpg?mod=10

Presume the tricky bit is the the solid bottom half, indicating too close proximity to the manifold for flexi end to end?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know the following dimensions please?

1) The outside diameter of the rigid section of pipe near the sump fixing flange.

2) The distance from the outer face of the sump fixing flange to the inside of the rigid section of pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Pete, the dimensions are:

1) The outside diameter of the rigid section of pipe near the sump fixing flange, 7/8" (22.2 mm).

2) The distance from the outer face of the sump fixing flange to the outside of the rigid section of pipe, 33.65 mm.

How are you planning on making it? The standard pipe has a very snug 90 degree bend at the bottom to keep it close to the block and it still gets toasted from the manifold. That's the part I found impossible to replicate when investigating those lego style add-together custom pipes from Japan, the bends wre just too large. In the end I just refurbed the old one as it looked worse than it actually was in the end.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

The 90° angle is formed by cutting the pipe at 45° and welding the two sections together.

If your existing pipe is in good condition you can cut the weld off the sump flange, rotate the flange on the pipe and re-weld it back on to change the angle of the long leg.

Edited by sailorbob

Isn't the inlet to the sump pretty close the the manifold, so any attempt to re-route the pipe will have limited effect?

On a side note, I was looking for an image of the engines and spotted a thread about a sport 300 model, although early Federal cars had the Citroen transaxle, I thought all Sport 300s had Renault with outboard brakes.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234949859-lotus-esprit-sport-300/

IMG_07.JPG

The clearance can be improved quite a bit by using an Aeroquip style 60° adapter between the rigid pipe and hose.

That modeller has also got the turbo and exhaust manifold wrong if he's meant to be showing an S300 engine.

• 4 weeks later...