free hit
counters
5th Oct Ken's Esprit run & Lunch - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

5th Oct Ken's Esprit run & Lunch

Following on from my apparent success regarding the Cumbria run I'm considering organising a mini outing to maybe Dunkeld or Blairgowrie for Esprit owners to meet for lunch. (Suggest interesting twisty roads from Aberdeen and also from Edinburgh areas.)

This is to introduce the latest addition to my Lotus fleet - a 1998 Esprit GT3 (I'm keeping the Elise) to group members.

I'm thinking late September / early October.  Let me know if you're interested, your availability and I'll get something sorted if there is a reasonable up-take.

Ok folks, here's a suggested route for Aberdeenshire based cars and Edinburgh based cars. Both routes are about 150 to 180 miles with a stop for lunch in Coupar Angus around the 100 miles mark.

start Aberdeen:  A93 to Blairgowrie via Banchory, Ballater, Braemar, Glenshee then A923 to Coupar Angus

Meet LEGS group at Red House Hotel, Coupar Angus for lunch. Then A94 to Forfar, A932 /934 to Montrose, A92 back to Aberdeen

start Edinburgh: A90/M90 to junction 4. B914 / A823 via Knockhill to Gleneagles. A823/822 to Crieff, A822 to Dunkeld, A923 to Coupar Angus via Blairgowrie.  Meet CLNES group at Red House Hotel for lunch.  A923 to Dundee A92 to Dunermline join M90 at junction 3 then back to Edinburgh.

Thoughts?

Who's Attending

1 Ken 

2 John & Wendy

Club Lotus North East Scotland.

A North Of Scotland club for all Lotus car enthusiasts, all ages welcome, cars new and old, we are affiliated to the national Club Lotus. My Husband John and I run the Club Lotus North East Scotland and at present we have 85 members who mostly are all members of Club Lotus our parent club. ;) We are a small group of enthusiasts of Lotus cars based in the North East of Aberdeen, although we have members from as far afield as Perth Australia. We have no hard and fast rules and as a club only ask that our members respect the thoughts and freedom of other's and to respect wherever we visit or venture as a group under the Club Lotus BannerWe are officially recognised by the National Club Lotus and abide by the rules of the Lotus Club. Our main aim is to enjoy our vehicles, visit and support various shows and event's across the country and generally have fun with our cars.  We are a none profit making group and the only time you as members will be asked for any money will be to pay any fee's due for event attendance or maybe to chip in towards the cost of tea/coffee etc and that's about it. Please feel free to email with any comments, request's, idea's or plans, even if only for a chat or info request I am sure someone will be able to help or point you to someone who can. E-Mail. [email protected] Read more: http://clublotusnescotland.freeforums.net/thread/3/welcome#ixzz5142RUUyb

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Respect to Mathew, Go on holliday in Scotland on your own, hire a holliday car, an Elise to tour in for 5 weeks. Plan's none. Accomodation booked, none. Get up in the morning, drive in whichever way t

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Folks

Having discussed the matter with John earlier this week, I believe we should assemble at Duthie park car park at 10:00 on 5th. I expect myself, John & Wendy and Gordon will be leaving from there. Any others? Then join us at 10.

We will be meeting Archie at Aboyne,  en route.  Lunch is booked for 13:00 at the Red House

Great Drive out to day Lovely Sunday lunch & Brilliant Company. Scott even turned up  :unworthy:

Good to see some new faces as well, including Matthew from Sydney who was over here on holiday.

12 cars in total turned up at the Red House Hotel

We even got the local's tickled with Brian Kings Lotus game.  :thumbup:  :bounce:  :scared:  :clap:  :thumbsup:

—  at Red House Hotel. Coupar Angus:gathering:  :driving:  :happy dance: 

post-14336-0-04609600-1412530676.jpg

post-14336-0-24084300-1412530813.jpg

A North Of Scotland club for all Lotus car enthusiasts, all ages welcome, cars new and old, we are affiliated to the national Club Lotus. My Husband John and I run the Club Lotus North East Scotland and at present we have 85 members who mostly are all members of Club Lotus our parent club. ;) We are a small group of enthusiasts of Lotus cars based in the North East of Aberdeen, although we have members from as far afield as Perth Australia. We have no hard and fast rules and as a club only ask that our members respect the thoughts and freedom of other's and to respect wherever we visit or venture as a group under the Club Lotus BannerWe are officially recognised by the National Club Lotus and abide by the rules of the Lotus Club. Our main aim is to enjoy our vehicles, visit and support various shows and event's across the country and generally have fun with our cars.  We are a none profit making group and the only time you as members will be asked for any money will be to pay any fee's due for event attendance or maybe to chip in towards the cost of tea/coffee etc and that's about it. Please feel free to email with any comments, request's, idea's or plans, even if only for a chat or info request I am sure someone will be able to help or point you to someone who can. E-Mail. [email protected] Read more: http://clublotusnescotland.freeforums.net/thread/3/welcome#ixzz5142RUUyb

• Gold FFM

Respect to Mathew, Go on holliday in Scotland on your own, hire a holliday car, an Elise to tour in for 5 weeks. Plan's none. Accomodation booked, none. Get up in the morning, drive in whichever way the car is pointing and then see where it stops at night, book a B&B then do it all over again the next day. Now thats what I call freedom.

Mathew is contacting various groups via TFL while he is in defferent areas just for a chin wag and a meet up, real nice guy who is a multi Esprit owner back in Ausi and having the time of his life in Scotland. I think he has another couple of weeks in Scotland then off to Italy for a week prior to going back to Sidney.

Good luck with the remaining part of your trip Mathew and keep in touch.

John.

• Like 2

Respect to Mathew, Go on holliday in Scotland on your own, hire a holliday car, an Elise to tour in for 5 weeks. Plan's none. Accomodation booked, none. Get up in the morning, drive in whichever way the car is pointing and then see where it stops at night, book a B&B then do it all over again the next day. Now thats what I call freedom.

Mathew is contacting various groups via TFL while he is in defferent areas just for a chin wag and a meet up, real nice guy who is a multi Esprit owner back in Ausi and having the time of his life in Scotland. I think he has another couple of weeks in Scotland then off to Italy for a week prior to going back to Sidney.

Good luck with the remaining part of your trip Mathew and keep in touch.

John.

Ditto that.

It's a good job I flashed him on our way to Killin as he was heading in the opposite direction and would have missed breakfast.