free hit
counters
The (new) Lotus position! - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The (new) Lotus position!

www_tenth_november.jpg

If you're going to get your Lotus Elise serviced, make sure it's not in Orlando, Florida.

Bad things happen to Elises there.

An anonymous owner dropped off his pride and joy at the shop to have it fitted with a new set of tyres.

The owner was very careful to go through the details of how the car should be raised up on the jacks, even showing the mechanics the details in the car's manual.

An hour after leaving he got a call from staff at the store asking him to come back, as there had been an 'accident'.

On his return he found his car almost vertical, having slipped off the service jacks.

The owner said: "They said they read the manual, but not to the point where it spoke about the 4-point lift. After the crash, they continued reading. Yipee for me."

The bottom diffuser, passenger seat area and the front and rear ends were all damaged.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW ? :blush:

Elises have stickers underneath them showing where to put the lifting points, it's alsmost comical - one has a little picture of a trolley jack and the other are the 4 point lift areas.

From the looks of things the rear arms have folded out which is why the back end is stuffed.

Either that or they've tried to get the wheel off and pulled the car up off the stand - crazy.

facebook = [email protected]

Equally amusing is the thought that upon seeing said incident, someone's first reaction wasn't "Oh my god, I must help" but "Where's my camera? ...this is so going on the net!" :blush::lol:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Vulcans used to be prone to sitting on their tails if the correct refuelling sequence wasn't followed. And the Varsity (yes, I am that old !), being modified from the tailwheel Viking, had a centre of gravity so close to the main undercarriage that you had to be careful when embarking or leaving the aeroplane; too many people aft at the main door and down she went!! In later life, I recall an accident at a Rolls Royce dealers in Richmond - gone now - when a car drove into one parked under the lift,which promptly collapsed and brought down the Bentley which was up on the lift at the time! I trust we all use good axle stands when working underneath?

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Not so much....

629188_m.jpg

:blush:

http://www.my914-6.com/crap/

And a quote that is suppose to be from the owner...

Quote:

1 hour later I get a call about the "accident" and that I needed to come down...

WTF!

So this is what I found...

Quote:

It get's better. They said they read the manual, but not to the point where it spoke about the 4-point lift. After the crash, they continued reading. Yipee for me.

The damage is inclusive of the rear clam, front clam, underneath the driver's door, and a nice puncture through the bottom diffuser around the passenger seat area.

When I was there, they had a wrecker attached with a winch to the front end so it wouldn't come crashing down. After it cleared the lift, the front end swung around and crashed into some tool chests.

I'm mostly worried about the rear structure... the puncture underneath and the loss of value of the car (it's paid off free and clear)!

I've already called Dimmit in Clearwater and they are expecting the vehicle. Goodyear has filed the claim with their carrier and has promised to fully cover the repair. Luckly my FIL was there as a witness.

Reposted and in the wrong section! :blush:

moved and merged!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

And again :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

And again :(

Opps sorry Bibs, still half asleep from yesterday and work currently doing head in. :D

Cliff :(

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

That's alright Cliff.

Tell you what, take the rest of the day off. Go home, pop a bottle of something and have a relaxing afternoon. Any questions, tell 'em Bibs said it's ok! :D:(

Evora NA