free hit
counters
rattling from the front side - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I have a strange kind of knocking coming from the front left side, sounding as a rattling if the road is bumpy or the carbody warps. Often by driving downhill. 

My dear mechanics took off the complete dashboard to find the source. No goal. 

So, has anybody similar problems? might it come from the "outside" right under the windshield? Are there possible parts, who could provide such nerving noises? Any input from you?

I know it is difficult to define, it is a klicking such as a part is knocking on metal. Has anybody possibly detailed Evora plans what is attached under the drainpart on the lower windshield?

regs from Anubis

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent much of this year searching and eliminating rattles. Some of the main sources found: - the dashboard. A very complex one, rattles when cold,  then squeaks as it warms and finalize quiet when

The under dash panels are all hinged and held by velcro. But, they won't allow you to see very much, though its worth a try.   I've gone through an impressive collection of sourcen in my Evora, some

I spent much of this year searching and eliminating rattles. Some of the main sources found:

- the dashboard. A very complex one, rattles when cold,  then squeaks as it warms and finalize quiet when hot (it stretches when hot). Solution:insert rubber bumpers in the front vent gap to properly fix this end. 

-anti-sway bar connecting rod on front suspension. Solution: replace

- lower windshield frame cover loosens: Solutions: retighten 

- side view power mirror rattles. Solution : still working on that one, greasing only helped a few days. 

- wind noise. Solution : there is a thread on here about that. 

My goal is to hear only the engine in its full glory. 

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

My dash used to rattle on passenger side, which would stop if you applied pressure to top of dash by windscreen pressure. The passenger airbag cover was also protruding. Dealer took off dash and replaced clip holding airbag cover down, and voila , rattle gone.

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 1 month later...

my fabulos dealer found the problem. 

it was the drivers door upper hinge

The nut was fully tight, nothing visible. But every bumb made the door moving, so that the hinge made a knocking noise

which was heard loud in/on the dashboard side. 

So if somebody has similar stuff, check the upper hinge and dont waste time in getting out the whole dashboard 

inside. Thx guys  :unworthy:

The under dash panels are all hinged and held by velcro. But, they won't allow you to see very much, though its worth a try.

I've gone through an impressive collection of sourcen in my Evora, some easy to locate and some taking months to find and even longer to fix.

When looking for a rattle it is very important to be as precise as possible

• Tone of the rattle, is it more high pitched (squeak) or  low pitched (rumble) or in between
  • What does it depend on? temperature, road condition, wet/dry, etc.
  • Where does it seemingly come from - seemingly because there may be quite a distance between source and sound.
  • Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!